Bug: Printing/Exporting from a passage list

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 111
Chad M. Foster | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:40 PM

No matter how I change the fonts in the actual list or adjust the settings in the print options I cannot get a passage list to print/export with any useable formatting.  It was even worse when I tried to do two versions.  

Running 5.0.1.0220

See attached screenshot

Posts 4608
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:53 AM

Chad M. Foster:

No matter how I change the fonts in the actual list or adjust the settings in the print options I cannot get a passage list to print/export with any useable formatting.  It was even worse when I tried to do two versions.  

Running 5.0.1.0220

See attached screenshot

I cannot duplicate this problem in Windows. I don't know if it makes a difference. but you are not running the most recent version of L5

The most recent is 5.0a SR-2 (5.0.1.0259)

Posts 111
Chad M. Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:48 PM

I went ahead and switched to the stable release and still get the same error on my Mac.  I also tried it out on a friends computer and got the same results. 

They way it is now makes the Passage List virtually unusable for what I needed it for.  Oh well.  I will make do for now.  Hopefully they will have it straight before next semester. 

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:40 AM

I don't print passage lists often. It has been quite a while. I did notice that I am unable to change any settings for "margins" (top left hand side). Your's says "normal," mine says "narrow." I assume that is a bug on Mac. 

As for the bigger picture… "useable formatting" is quite subjective. What don't you like about the formatting in the screen shot? What do you need different?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:41 AM

Chad M. Foster:
I cannot get a passage list to print/export with any useable formatting.

Using Logos 5.0a SR-2 (5.0.1.0229) on OS X 10.8.2, concur when the verses are larger than one page, then verses are missing:

In contrast, Logos 5.0a (5.0.1.0220) on Windows 7 handles larger verses better:

Also noticed Logos 5.0a on Windows has a font slider bar so can adjust font size for Print/Export.  The Windows formatting includes a tool line and has a smaller column width for verse reference.

Note: the 1901 ASV Personal Bible is showing verse numbers in Passage List and Print on Mac and PC, even though verse numbers are not in the text =>  American Standard Version 1901 - Personal Bible without Chapter and Verse #'s

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 10:43 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Using Logos 5.0a SR-2 (5.0.1.0229) on OS X 10.8.2, concur when the verses are larger than one page, then verses are missing:

Using Logos 4.6a SR-3 (4.61.0.3378) on OS X 10.8.2, can replicate Passage List Print feature parity issues (no Font Slider, lack of tool line, column width formatting, and text flow that crosses page boundary):

Updated wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_and_PC_User_Interface_Differences#Feature_Parity in the Not Yet Fixed list with reference to this thread:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 5:52 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Can replicate this Print/Export issue using Logos 5.1a RC 3 on OS X 10.8.4

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS