Index of Bible Studies

Page 2 of 6 (118 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 117 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 11733
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 26 2013 7:58 AM

Just posting so that this thread comes up in my "My Forums" page, so I'll know if there's an update Smile. Thanks so much for this resource.

Posts 94
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 26 2013 9:05 AM

I'm just going through all my resources, and creating links to all the discussions of passages I find. How I do that depends upon the type of resource: daily devotionals, books of sermons, etc, just require going through each devotional/sermon and adding it. Systematic theologies I for the most part avoid (although there are exceptions). For others, I might just look through the chapter or section headings of the book to see if there is anything interesting or likely to be if I skim read it a bit.

Anyway, I am continuing, and should publish a new version soon. I have finished all the Classic Commentaries and Studies volumes, and have just a few more commentaries that are not of the type Commentary in Logos to do, and then I will put the new version here.

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 8:49 AM

Peace to Mark and Richard!            *smile*

Blessings to both of you -- and your families!!! -- as you continue to serve Him and His People through your various "sharings"!  *smile*

Mark, I'm wondering -- Probably missing the obvious! -- What is a "My Forums" page?

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 11733
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 9:16 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
What is a "My Forums" page?

I meant this: http://community.logos.com/forums/MyForums.aspx (AKA "My Discussions")

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 6:59 PM

Thank you, Mark!               That is so clever!            *smile*                    I would never have figured that out without your help!  Appreciated much!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 94
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 2:34 AM

I have added some more books to this index, the new file is attached.

8132.Index Bible Studies.docx

This file includes all the non versified commentaries that I have, that is commentaries that do not show up in the passage guide. With all the Classic Commentaries and Studies that have come out in the past few months, there are quite a lot of them.

I hope the file helps you to discover more resources that you already have on the Bible texts you are reading, as it has for me.

Posts 386
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 3:06 AM

Richard,

coming across this for the first time as I am a recent convert to logos. But this is fantastic.

If Logos were giving away (say) $100 for what we voted the best PB of the year, this would be my vote for 2013.Smile

Also, could someone confirm that I build this as a "monograph".

Posts 1149
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 5:47 AM

This is great! thanks Richard.

Posts 94
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 6:00 AM

Stephen McCracken:

Also, could someone confirm that I build this as a "monograph".

Yes, build it as a monograph. And thanks for the vote!

Posts 1149
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 6:07 AM

Here's a cover to distinguish it from other content.

Posts 2632
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:30 AM

I got the following warning when I built, which was odd as I tried again after "Accept all changes and turn off tracking" in Word 2013, but to no avail - still get warning. The first time I got it, and didn't even open up the document.

The warning:

[Warning] Document has change tracking enabled with revisions pending review, and may not be converted correctly. Please review the pending revisions in Word and rebuild.

Posts 2632
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:30 AM

I got the following warning when I built, which was odd as I tried again after "Accept all changes and turn off tracking" in Word 2013, but to no avail - still get warning. The first time I got it, and didn't even open up the document.

The warning:

[Warning] Document has change tracking enabled with revisions pending review, and may not be converted correctly. Please review the pending revisions in Word and rebuild.

Posts 1477
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:43 AM

Thanks for the work

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:53 AM

Peace to all!                         *smile*

Richard, absolutely great!                An "incredible" sharing with your brothers and sisters on these Logos Community Forums!         

Thank you very kindly!

Also, Anthony!            Thanks much for the loverly cover, eh???

And, Stephen!             I rejoice in your enthusiasm!

Posts 94
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 6:11 AM

I have added the sermons, Bible studies and meditations from some other books, and have attached a new version of the file to add as a personal book, Index Bible Studies.docx

The problem with this file is that if you do not have the same books that I have, you will find a lot of links to books that are not in your library, which makes it more difficult to use. So I have written a program which will create an index of the Bible studies in your copy of Logos (that is, an index of the books that also I own, and that I have included in the index). What you need to do is:
1. Download and unzip the MyIndex.zip file in any directory. It contains two files.

2. Run the Index Bible Studies.exe program.

3. If Logos is not open, it will be opened automatically. Then my program will find all the books in your Logos library, run through my index finding the books that are in your library (the program contains a copy of the index, you do not need to download the above docx file), and create a file My Index Bible Studies.rtf in your documents directory. When the program says it is finished, you can close it.

4. Open My Index Bible Studies.rtf in Word or a similar program, and save it as a docx file.

5. Create a Personal Book in Logos using that docx file, you just have to give it the title you want.

The program requires the Windows .NET framework to work. But so does Logos, so it shouldn't be a problem. I have also attached the source code if anyone wants to see it or make improvements to it.

If you have any comments on the program, let me know.

5756.Index Bible Studies.docx

4848.MyIndex.zip

3034.code.zip

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 12:28 PM

Peace, Richard!              *smile*

I continue to be grateful for the labours of my devoted Brother in the Lord!

Posts 18075
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 3:56 PM

Anthony H:

Here's a cover to distinguish it from other content.

Anthony, great job on the cover image. I'd like to use it. Could you fix it from your original file (if you still have it) to spell LOGOS with all upper-case letters instead of with the lower-case 's' at the end? Many people mistakenly spell it Logo's or a plural (LOGOs) but it's all one word, from the Greek word λόγος.

Posts 156
Jesús Polaino | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 2 2014 4:23 AM

Hi Richard,

Thanks very much for your wonderful job!!!

God bless you

Posts 1477
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2014 5:16 PM

Richard Wilson:
So I have written a program which will create an index of the Bible studies in your copy of Logos

This is so very helpful and useful.  Thank you so so much!

Posts 1279
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2014 9:41 AM

thank you, Richard

Page 2 of 6 (118 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.