Line spacing on Scripture slides

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 13
Traci Lewis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:11 AM

It looks like something changed with this latest update.  On our scripture slides, we use a font that supports superscript on the verse number.  The line spacing is now too big in between the lines that have a verse number. So it looks single spaces on some lines and close to double spaced on others.  We've tried a couple different fonts but cannot find a resolution.  Is there anything else we can try to fix the line spacing?  

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:54 AM

Traci,

Which fonts are you using that cause this problem? Could you please let me know a verse or passage that exhibits this behavior?

Posts 13

Mark 10:35-45 (ESV).  On the "Passage" slide, we are using CartoGothic Std, size 40, line height 0.  I am attaching a screen shot of what we are seeing.  This is how we do our Scripture slides every week and have never seen this.  However, when we go look at our previous week slides, they also display like this now.  Thanks for your help.

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:48 AM

What operating system are you using? If you have multiple computers do the passages look the same on all of them?

Posts 13
Traci Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:40 PM

Tried it on 3 machines. 2 Windows 7 and an XP. Displays ok on one of the windows 7. Unfortunately, not our computer for Sunday. 

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:04 PM

I'm really stumped on this one. Have you tried different formats (e.g. Block paragraphs vs Fully formatted)? We'll have to investigate further on Monday but as a potential workaround for Sunday you could try copying and pasting the verse content into a normal Content service item.

Posts 13
Traci Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:44 AM

I did try the block and fully formatted options. Tried different fonts too. I'm actually suspecting screen resolution. I will test that out and let you know. 

Posts 6
Brian York | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 7:44 AM

We are seeing the same issue.  Is there a fix?  

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2013 1:47 PM

Brian,

What OS are you using? Also what font/size/line spacing and styles are you using?

Thanks, we are having trouble reproducing this issue.

Posts 13
Traci Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:08 PM

It resolved itself on one of the computers but not the other. I think it has to do with screen resolution but I haven't had time to test that theory. If I can figure out how to reproduce, I will let you know. Thanks. 

Posts 15
Brian York | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2013 6:46 AM

Travis,

We are using Windows 7 on the PCs.  I'm not sure if you can get to my presentations but you can look at the one from last Sunday.  I have also attached a screenshot of what it looks like.  One other note, the sermon slides look fine on our tablets.  

Thanks

Posts 15
Brian York | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 3:11 PM

Travis,

Just checking to see if anything has been found on this issue?

Thanks

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 4:15 PM

I'm sorry we have been completely unable to reproduce this issue. In Traci's post she says it may have to do with screen resolution. Does changing your resolution affect this at all?

Posts 13
Traci Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 4:22 PM

Nope, tried a few different resolution settings and could not figure anything out. Do you want to do a logmein or something to one of the machines and poke around? 

Posts 6
Brian York | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 6:47 PM

It doesn't seem to matter which pc I use either.  I get the same results on my PC, my work PC and on the Church's PC. They all have differnent resolutions.  I am open to a screen share session as well.

Thanks

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2013 2:32 PM

I would like to take one of you up on a remote view of your setup to try and see whats happening. It would also help very much if one of you could set up a presentation with just one Bible item that displays the behavior. 

Posts 15
Brian York | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2013 4:40 PM

Travis,

I should be able to do that.  Just let me know a time that will work. 

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS