Anybody seen this yet? I received it this am from Rejoice

Page 5 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 96 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:38 PM

Philip Spitzer:
I'm just a little uncomfortable with it personally until I know such communication has taken plac

Well, why not ask?

John, have you had any communications with Logos management about the discussion of your products on their forums?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:39 PM

Terry Poperszky:
Well, why not ask?

because that is too simple :-) a very good question.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:44 PM

Logos is the big boy on the block among the other Bible software publishers. They don't have to meet every challenge to their machismo. But they have the right to some respect in their own living room. Otherwise we get the same scenario that General Motors went through. (After 125 years of building cars and becoming the world's largest car company, President Obama takes over GM and bankrupts the company in 90 days, canceling dental & vision insurance on 400,000 auto workers.) Sometimes it is best to let those who birthed the company choose how it is run.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 34
John Fallahee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 8:23 PM

The forums have not come up in our discussions yet, even though I talked to Dan on the phone yesterday. And Bob congratulated me on the videos today via email.

Posts 2721
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 1:05 AM

Matthew C Jones:
Maybe that is not very obvious to godly men and women who spend all their time studying the Bible and working hard in their ministries.

Matthew, this quote above really was not necessary.

Matthew C Jones:
If the top 20 this week includes this forun reference to an outside website selling competing Bible software Logos suffers REAL damages.

My point precisely, these are not products offered by Logos or carried by them. Where is the competition? The same can be said of PBB & your helpful suggestion on where i could purchase the Anglicised NIV.

You even participated in a thread where Logos users who upgrade to one of the base package, offered their unwanted product on the forum b/cos they were advise to do so by Logos employees.  If i remember correctly you said on that thread, there was a halt on transfer of license until January next year.

John was simply responding to a question asked by another Logos user on how to use Logos 4 via his product, which is not carried by Logos. I do understand Dan's post but i don't see how this takes from Logos. John’s product is about how to use the software, (good promotion for V4 i would say) and not about a resource produced  or carried or in competition with Logos. PBB takes more from Logos than this but I don't find anyone complaining that it is wrong to post PBB links.

Ted

Edit: See this thread http://community.logos.com/forums/t/7217.aspx. Hmmmm .... i don't find any complaints or protestation there.Wink

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:27 AM

Matthew,

thank you for the link to Dan Pritchetts' post, I HAD NO IDEA that this issue existed...I'll be more mindful of my linking in the future.

So this includes "word references" to things also because they are also subject to an internet search?

Wow...very complicated...I'll do my best to comply; my aim here is to support Logos...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:29 AM

Philip Spitzer:
I hope my posts were not taken as a condemnation of any kind

Actually all the post have been in a good spirit, but things can get out of hand and did in that case.

BTW it was John McComb, not John Cross.

Posts 1988
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:49 AM

Robert Pavich:
my aim here is to support Logos...

Some support Logos...others support the Libronix engine.  Other publishers are using the Libronix engine.  Has something changed?  Is Logos planning to become the exclusive seller of Libronix resources?  If Logos' intention is to have a Logos only forum, then we probably need a Libronix forum as well.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:30 AM

John Fallahee:
The forums have not come up in our discussions yet, even though I talked to Dan on the phone yesterday. And Bob congratulated me on the videos today via email.

Thanks for the response John. Personally, I hope you understand those on the forums who seem to be overly protective of Logos. You have lines of communication opened with Bob and Dan, so I am personally going to stop worrying about it. That makes me a non-interested party, and until one of the three of you address it with me specifically, I plan on remaining such.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:31 AM

MarkSwaim:

Robert Pavich:
my aim here is to support Logos...

Some support Logos...others support the Libronix engine.  Other publishers are using the Libronix engine.  Has something changed?  Is Logos planning to become the exclusive seller of Libronix resources?  If Logos' intention is to have a Logos only forum, then we probably need a Libronix forum as well.

Mark,

Did I misunderstand Dan's post? Enlighten me...I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 13391
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:55 AM

No you didn't misunderstand. The Logos/Libronix distinction Mark is referring to dates back to the early L3 days and has been long abandoned. (Then the software was Libronix, the resources were published in the Libronix format by Logos or by others). If you're interested, you can visit: http://www.libronix.com/ a site which should long ago have been mothballed. Libronix is dead. Long live Logos!

Posts 1988
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 8:28 AM

Robert Pavich:
Enlighten me

Hi Robert

May I suggest you search the Logos forum site?  There is a lot of information available to help you in your question.  One thing to take note of when you search....not all Logos employees give the same information.  Dan P and his brother Bob P don't always see eye to eye.  As far as I know, Bob is still running the ship at the moment.  His voice often trumps every other voice.  I would love to dig up the various posts for you, but dont have that much time.  Perhaps the posts one day will be organized a bit better to help people find information faster.  But for now, I must say that it is news to me that the Libronix idea has been abandoned.  I have always understood Libronix to be the engine and Logos, Galaxie, Nelson etc are companies that contribute to the engine (of course Libronix is owned by Logos). 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 8:32 AM

Ted Hans:

Matthew C Jones:
Maybe that is not very obvious to godly men and women who spend all their time studying the Bible and working hard in their ministries.

Dear Brother Ted,

Maybe you thought this comment was sarcastic or direspectful. I know we can't hear the nuances or see facial expressions while communicating online. Please understand this statement was not intended to be either. I honestly believe preaching the Gospel is more important that learning all the details about how search engines function. Although some posters in this thread definitely have a good understanding of search engines it is obvious most don't have a clue. That is not disrespectful, it is an honest truth. And as a wise man once said, "Truth is still truth, even if you don't believe it." I am sure some posters on the forum have a pilot's license. I don't. You would be crazy to let me fly your plane. Why every Bible student must be a IT professional escapes me. 

Ted Hans:
My point precisely, these are not products offered by Logos or carried by them. Where is the competition?

I refer  you back to my previous post about "stream income." The competetion is for our limited expendable cash. Example:  You have a 5-note for lunch. You check the Logos Fish & Chips forum to find a store location. You see an ad for a third party store (Lets call it "Royal Chips & Sturgeon" = R.C.S) You go there to buy your lunch and see they also sell a combo called "B.W.8" (Beef Wellington with 8 quarters of beans on toast) You spend your 5-note on the B.W.8 instead of getting the original Logos Fish & Chips. That represents a lost sale.

Ted Hans:
You even participated in a thread where Logos users who upgrade to one of the base package, offered their unwanted product on the forum b/cos they were advise to do so by Logos employees.  If i remember correctly you said on that thread, there was a halt on transfer of license until January next year.

I was vindicated when Bob Pritchett came on the forums telling the upgraders they had been mis-informed by the CS Reps. (MC Jones was right! Big Smile ) As far as the moratorium on license transfers, it was mentioned by several others on the forum. I did not originate it. And the resale of titles used as credit towards upgrades was also addressed by Bob (confirming my position again. Big Smile ) I have not been wrong on any of my facts, just in the harshness of the way I present them.

Ted Hans:
PBB takes more from Logos than this but I don't find anyone complaining that it is wrong to post PBB links.

Hmmm. I don't see PBB capabiities in Logos 4 yet . Do you? Good thing Bob keeps turning the other cheek or you'd never see it. I've got my bid in for Barne's Notes in Community Pricing.

Lastly, I am thrilled more training videos are being produced. I have no ill will towards either outside party mentioned in this thread. I do not fault John for the full color, full page adverstisement in the original post of this thread. I don't fault Joan or anybody else for not understanding how search engines work. Once again, my facts are all correct, I am just not very kind in my presentation

Thanks Joan for the info. Thanks John for producing it. Thanks Mark for pulling me out of the ditch. Thanks Ted, Stephen et. al. for your patience.  I'm still right and I'm done. Cool

Posts 10676
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 8:33 AM

Ted Hans:

Matthew C Jones:

Ted

I'm curious. What did you find to be objectionable in Matthew's statement? It seems that you—or I—have misunderstood his intention. You did not quote the entire sentence. Was there some reason for the omission? It appears that many posters on this forum are "pilling on" Matthew without actually taking time to understand his concern. I don't personally agree with him, but I think most of the criticism is unwarranted.

EDIT: I see now that while I was composing the above paragraph, Matthew responded to your post. However, that does not change what I said, so I'll leave it there.

I had to edit this post twice. Philip, can I hire you are my proof reader? Geeked

Posts 2721
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:02 AM

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your gracious response.

Matthew C Jones:
Maybe you thought this comment was sarcastic or direspectful. I know we can't hear the nuances or see facial expressions while communicating online. Please understand this statement was not intended to be either. I honestly believe preaching the Gospel is more important that learning all the details about how search engines function. Although some posters in this thread definitely have a good understanding of search engines it is obvious most don't have a clue. That is not disrespectful, it is an honest truth. And as a wise man once said, "Truth is still truth, even if you don't believe it." I am sure some posters on the forum have a pilot's license. I don't. You would be crazy to let me fly your plane. Why every Bible student must be a IT professional escapes me. 

Okay, sorry i got that wrong.

As for your position being vindicated time and time again. Well, not your "Calminian"( did i spell that right?) viewsBig Smile when you get to glory you will find that you were always a Calvinist but didn't know it.Stick out tongue on that i am right!

My brother, i am sorry if i came across wrongly. It was not my intention to offend but to bring balance.

Every Blessing.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2721
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:22 AM

JackCaviness:

Ted

I'm curious. What did you find to be objectionable in Matthew's statement? It seems that you—or I—have misunderstood his intention. You did not quote the entire sentence. Was there some reason for the omission? It appears that many posters on this forum are "pilling on" Matthew without actually taking time to understand his concern. I don't personally agree with him, but I think most of the criticism is unwarranted.

EDIT: I see now that while I was composing the above paragraph, Matthew responded to your post. However, that does not change what I said, so I'll leave it there.

I had to edit this post twice. Philip, can I hire you are my proof reader? Geeked

Jack, really i do understand Matthew concern and i appreciate it.

As for what i found objectionable in his statement, that is now history. I read him wrongly on that thinking he was being sarcastic. Interesting you view my interaction with Matt as a criticism when i thought i was trying to get him to take it easy with John. Perhaps i should have worded my response to him differently. One lives to learn, & when a moderating voice like yours raise such question. I had to read my response again to Matt & learn how to better engage next time without being misunderstood. I should have acknowledge his point before offering mine.

Ted

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:39 AM

Thank you Ted, Jack & everybody for your patience in allowing me to keep talking until I finally got my concern expressed. I don't need for you to agree with me, listening was enough. Smile

Ted Hans:
Big Smile when you get to glory you will find that you were always a Calvinist but didn't know it.Stick out tongue on that i am right!

Bro. Ted, How 'bout this:

I happily concede absolutely nothing I do or did gets me saved. Is that good enough for now? 1 Corinthians 13:12

So happy to be His,

Matthew

Page 5 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS