Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
David | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 12 2013 2:53 AM

Dear All

From time to time I am invited to preach in another church.  As very few churches are WiFi enabled this is not normally an issue and so I revert to PowerPoint.  But if a church is WiFi enabled, what is the situation about using Proclaim in that situation?

Still love the software.

Regards

David

Posts 24269
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 3:31 AM

Hi David

For an official answer you would need someone from Logos to comment, but with Proclaim licensing being based on the size of a church I would expect that it is envisaged that a single license is only valid within a single church.

You could probably get it to work but I think it is outside the scope of what is expected.

Graham 

Posts 5169
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 3:35 AM

Hi David

Providing you have synced your presentation to the computer you are using at the place where you will preach ( I carry my laptop with me) there is no problem using Proclaim wherever. You won't have some of the signal options but you won't have them in powerpoint anyway.

You do need to set (or reset) the location to the place where you will preach so that the signals can localise.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 5169
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 3:38 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi David

For an official answer you would need someone from Logos to comment, but with Proclaim licensing being based on the size of a church I would expect that it is envisaged that a single license is only valid within a single church.

You could probably get it to work but I think it is outside the scope of what is expected.

Graham 

Graham,

You are probably right - it just never occurred to me that as a 'jobbing preacher' I might need to have a separate licence for each place I lead worship. I   have a feeling that this might be a case of the 'spirit of the law' and 'the letter of the law'. After all there is nothing like a successful demonstration to promote a purchase.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 24269
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 5:06 AM

Mike Binks:
I   have a feeling that this might be a case of the 'spirit of the law' and 'the letter of the law'

Knowing Logos I expect this is how they would see itSmile

Posts 24269
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 13 2013 12:58 AM

David:
As very few churches are WiFi enabled this is not normally an issue and so I revert to PowerPoint.

Hi David

I was thinking about this again - this time from a technical perspective and just wanted to reinforce what Mike said in his first reply.

Assuming you have your presentation synced to your laptop then Proclaim will work in the churches without WiFi. As Mike says, things like signals won't work and neither will the Proclaim remote apps but core functionality will be present.

Graham 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS