Still font problems in 4.0a RC1 running XP

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 3:29 PM | Locked

Stephen Filyer:
Bradley: Quite a while ago I did BOTH of these suggestions. I'm running XP. But, IF I try to move off "default" it STILL messes up my Hebrew transliterations. So there is still something else going on. Regards Steve F

Hi Stephen,

I'm not sure what you mean by "move off default"; are you referring to the display of the Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear resource when you've changed the "Default Font" program setting from "Default" to some font of your choice? (E.g., as pictured at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4545/35477.aspx#35477)

If so, we can look into it, but it's probably a fundamental limitation in the Unicode character repertoire of the font you've selected.

Posts 1668
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 3:38 PM | Locked
Yes, please. I tried to explain this a couple of times in beta but have not been able to clearly describe it , I guess. (I even went through every sans serif font starting with "A' on my system and none would work, so I quit trying) "All" I would like to be able to do in L4 is to have "any" Sans serif font as the "regular" display font for resources (as I can without any problems in Libronix 3) -- L3 uses a sans serif and the Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear resource displays perfectly its tranliteration. But trying that in L4 and you are back to the "little boxes" Regards Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 13421
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 4:13 PM | Locked

Stephen,

Can you try Arial Unicode as your font? If that doesn't work there is some kind of bug/limitation in XP, as that has more characters than any other font.

But very fonts will have Hebrew transliteration characters available, so I'm not surprised that most don't work in this context.

Posts 1668
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 4:37 PM | Locked
Can you try Arial Unicode as your font? YES!!! NO boxes! Thank you Mark (for this AND the videos! Regards Steve

Regards, SteveF

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS