REFORMED PLATINUM bundle.. is this new?

Page 2 of 6 (117 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 116 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 60
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:42 AM

Yes, the comparison chart is crucial. We will get it up ASAP. At this point, our developers just didn't have the capacity to integrate it and we wanted to get these new base packages to you all right away. Coming soon!

Reformed Product Manager

Posts 4879
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 1:53 AM

Christian Locatell:

Yeah. Well, you'll have a couple weeks to get in on the 15% discount.

And March Madness goes for a couple of more weeks. Timing is not great from Logos. One purchasing opportunity is going to cannibalize the other.  Timing is everything if you want to maximize sales .. but what is done is done.   Nice to see some new packages all the same.

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:36 AM

out of 135 resources that I've just downloaded from Platinum.. I think 90% came from "community pricing" books... Tongue Tied Sad

still thankful though ..

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:56 AM

mike:
out of 135 resources that I've just downloaded from Platinum.. I think 80% came from community pricing books...

I noticed a lot of public domain works, but you'd kind of expect that wouldn't you? I mean could you do a Reformed base package and not include the following:

• Calvin’s Commentaries (46 vols.)
  • Matthew Poole’s Commentary on the Holy Bible (3 vols.) *
  • Matthew Henry’s Commentary on the Bible
  • Institutes of the Christian Religion (3 vols.)
  • Systematic Theology (3 vols.) (Charles Hodge)
  • Systematic Theology (3 vols.) (Strong)
  • The Works of Jonathan Edwards (2 vols.)
  • The Works of John Owen (24 vols.)
  • The Works of Richard Sibbes (7 vols.)
  • Tracts and Treatises of John Calvin (8 vols.)
  • A. A. Hodge Collection (11 vols.)
  • The Works of Zwingli (7 vols.)
  • The Works of Augustus M. Toplady (6 vols.)
  • The Works of John Knox (6 vols.)
  • The Whole Works of Thomas Boston (12 vols.)
  • The Works of Thomas Goodwin (12 vols.)
  • The Works of Charles Hodge (29 vos.)

I think for those buying the new Reformed base package from scratch, it's a good package. For those of us who already have a standard base package, you're right - most of what we're getting is PD stuff.

By the way I am not convinced that it was a good idea to remove NAC. That's an excellent set that adds real value to reformed users. BDAG is a major loss, too, as is Louw-Nida and the Themelios journals. 

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:21 AM

Mark, from your massive library... how much additional resources did you gain? and what was your dynamic $?

Posts 4879
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:35 AM

Mark Barnes:

mike:
out of 135 resources that I've just downloaded from Platinum.. I think 80% came from community pricing books...

I noticed a lot of public domain works, but you'd kind of expect that wouldn't you?

I agree it's no surprise there is a lot of public domain and hence Community Pricing titles.  I won't be jumping on board till I can see what I will actually add to my library.  Logos may have wanted to get these out quickly to us but without a dynamic comparison chart I'd recommend holding off jumping on board till you see what you are actually going to add to your library. I'll most likely jump on board, but want to know what it is I'm paying for first.

Posts 1335
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:44 AM

Christian,

If you have the comparison chart between the standard bundles and the new Reformed bundles in Excel format, can you please post it here while the developers work on the dynamic charts on the website?

thx

Peter

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:45 AM

buy now, cancel later.

Logos has a bad habit of removing resources few days after its released.

Late adopter usually gets less resources and have to pay the same.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:47 AM

mike:
Mark, from your massive library... how much additional resources did you gain? and what was your dynamic $?

I'm being quoted $170.74 for Reformed Platinum (that's with the 15% deducted). I don't yet know which resources that will get me because I want it added to an existing payment plan, so I'll have to wait for my sales rep on the West Coast to get out of bed!

It will certainly be interesting to see what I end up with. I buy almost all CPs that are relevant for Reformed theology, and I also got the megapack last Christmas that contains lots of excellent Reformed PD works.

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:50 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into that. I definitely agree that we really really need the comparison chart. I tried to push it up in priority, but there was just too many other things going on.

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:56 AM

Great work on this Christian and fellow team members!! The packages look very good. Cheers.

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 5:16 AM

Thanks Chelsea! We appreciate you saying so!

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:20 AM

hey Christian,

how do I get the academic discount? do I call Customer Service to purchase the Platinum so they can apply the discount?

Posts 615
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:22 AM

This does seem a great set. Some overlap with the Mega-bundle but complements it quite well.

Interesting to see at least one collection still in CP:

Classic Studies on the Scottish Church History (11 vols.)

I assume this means Logos are going to just going to put it into production anyway?

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:33 AM

Christian,

I purchased the Reformed Platinum which includes the Crossway Classical/Classic Commentaries (26 vols). But my remaining commentary on Galatians did not download and is showing as still needing to purchased.

So there is an error there that needs to be looked into.

Thanks.

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:34 AM

I can't keep up with all the Logos news on the forum like I would like to, so I missed that this was in the making. I just wanted to comment that it is very exciting to me to see Logos developing packages specific to various traditions and theologies. I think this is a great way to get more resources you will use, instead of buying a package with books you may never open. I'm not reformed in the strictest sense, but as a protestant I will definitely be purchasing some of these reformed packages in the future. I'm broke for now, mainly because Logos keeps producing resources that I can't bring myself to live with out. Wink

Posts 20
Kliniac | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:42 AM

The academic discount should be working. If you have any trouble with your purchase, customer service will be more than happy to help you out. Let me know if this is still a problem for you and I will personally look into it.

Posts 20
Kliniac | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:48 AM

Yes, Stephen, the license is included with the base package and we are expediting the production. A couple resources, marked with an asterisk on the product pages, will become available to purchasers as free downloads as soon as they are ready.

The resources still in production which we are expediting are:

Matthew Poole’s Commentary on the Holy Bible (3 vols.) *

Classic Studies on the Scottish Church History (11 vols.) *

Classic Studies on John Knox (15 vols.) *

Select Works of Geerhardus Vos (14 vols.)*

Posts 615
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:53 AM

Safe to cancel any of them we already have as pre-pubs then? Eg Poole, Works of Charles Hodge?

Posts 20
Kliniac | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:58 AM

Yes, Stephen. If they are in a Reformed base package you've purchased, then you already have the license and will receive it as a free update when they are finished (which, for several, should be in a matter of weeks, but we will see).

And thanks for pointing out that The Works of Charles Hodge (29 vols.) is also in expedited production. A lot of goodies coming for Reformed base package customers!

Page 2 of 6 (117 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS