Restoration Movement Base Package

Page 2 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 87 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 27980
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 1:44 PM

James C.:

If I get any responses I will post them here. If I get any good leads who should I contact at Logos?

I think Gabe is the correct person to contact. Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 6:42 PM

Gabe Martini:

Thanks everyone for these suggestions. We will look into how we can better serve our Restoration movement users. Pointing out specific publishers, authors, etc. definitely helps.

Gabe,

Please consider this "quick fix" for now.  I think Logos would sell them like hot pancakes! Stick out tongue

DAL

Posts 5
Marty Brownfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 10 2014 3:48 AM

I certainly think that the journal Restoration Quarterly is worthy of consideration for inclusion within Logos.  It has been published since 1957; I have been a subscriber for about 9 years or so.  There are some articles posted online here: http://www.acu.edu/sponsored/restoration_quarterly/articles_online.html

Posts 32
Stanton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 11:09 PM

The following is a list of some of the books that I am interested in setting in this package, etc.:

All commentaries by Jim McGuiggan.  The publisher for at least one of the commentaries is Montex Publishing Company,  Lubbock, TX 79407

A Commentary on Daniel by Homer Hailey. Nevada Publications, Las Vegas, Nevada.
Hailey's Comments by Homer Hailey Nevada Publications, Las Vegas, Nevada
He also wrote a commentary on the Minor Prophets and Revelation that would be excellent.  I would be interested in anything he wrote

Robert Harkrider has written several topical studies/workbooks:
I Sought For a Man
Building Strong Homes
Basic Bible Doctrines 1, 2, 3, 4
Also, he has written several textual studies (Commentary/workbook).  IIP (Impressive Image Production) Robert Harkrider has the copyrights on these books.

Truth Commentaries published by Guardian of Truth Foundation

Instrumental Music in the Worship by M. C. Kurfees

Gospel Advocate Commentaries published by Gospel Advocate

New Testament History: Acts - Reese College Press

What the Bible Says series  - College Press

More later

Posts 32
Stanton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 28 2014 10:47 PM

The New Testament Church by Roy E. Cogdill - The Gospel Guardian Company (This is the publisher that I have but it may be Guardian of Truth Foundation now)

The Acts of the Apostles from Jerusalem to Rome - Wayne Jackson - Courier Publications (As well as all books by him).

As mentioned in an earlier post, Burton Coffman Commentaries.

Posts 32
Stanton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 13 2014 2:42 PM

"The Gospel Plan of Salvation" by T. W. Brents

Posts 32
Stanton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 12 2014 12:26 AM

H. Leo Boles wrote a book on the work, etc. of the Holy Spirit published by the Gospel Advocate.

Posts 646
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 2:26 PM

Gabe:

Thanks everyone for these suggestions. We will look into how we can better serve our Restoration movement users. Pointing out specific publishers, authors, etc. definitely helps.

Is there any movement on this front? Does Logos have any plans to create a Restoration Movement Base Package? Thanks Smile

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 2:44 PM

I'd like to know too. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 3:11 PM

Me too.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 594
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 3:16 PM

SnailYesYesYesYesYesYes

Posts 13
Levi Sisemore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 3:21 PM

I know there are others more qualified than myself who would love to point Logos in a certain direction as far as authors, publishers, and specific titles (though I’d gladly contribute to such lists as have already been started if it would help), but if commenting here adds fuel to the fire, then allow me to comment:

Logos/Faithlife, please consider either a Restoration Movement Base Package or at least a set of Bundles for that constituency.

Jay Guin, University Church of Christ, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, whose blog (oneinjesus.info) is high in traffic also has an “in” with Logos. They have provided him Base Packages and resources free of charge in exchange for review. According to this post just yesterday, he’s offered to help them “curate” a collection like we’re seeking, but without any result … yet.

Posts 1052
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 6:28 PM

I'd like to add my support for this idea.  I'd be glad to suggest books as well, but it might be better if Logos could connect with some professors associated with each of the main branches of the movement for their suggestions.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 6:36 PM

Faithlife/Logos could even put the Restoration Movement Base Package on Pre-Pub to gauge the sincerity of all.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 646
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 7:36 PM

Super.Tramp:

Faithlife/Logos could even put the Restoration Movement Base Package on Pre-Pub to gauge the sincerity of all.

Yes Yes

Posts 646
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 7:37 PM

Many restoration customers have probably resisted purchasing base packages. The existing packages contain too many books they are doctrinally in disagreement. A more focused base package for this market will draw customers who have resisted and remained sidelined.

Logos successfully tapped into the Seventh Day Adventists market by creating a tailored base package.  A similar approach will help fuel Logo’s continued growth. 

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 4:12 AM

Straying only slightly from the larger topic of creating a base package, let me just express that not long ago I had an opportunity to speak in person with Kyle Butt from Apologetics Press. At the time he seemed very receptive to making AP's resources available in Logos regardless of whether they were part of a larger base package. If anyone on this forum has connections with anyone at AP, please encourage them to communicate with Faithlife regarding this possibility. They have a significant catalog of resources, many of which are already available as free PDFs. If all of their books, articles, and other publications were available in Logos, that could be a bundle in and of itself, not to mention it would likely encourage other publishers to consider making their materials available in Logos.

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 9:11 AM

Yes

Posts 646
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2015 4:37 PM

I'm convinced that publishers are willing to work with Faithlife. The problem is Logos.

Dal sugested a Topical Bundle on another thread. This sugestion has also been ignored. Maybe another Bible software publisher will fill this void. 

Happy Easter everyone. He has risen! 😄

Posts 27980
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2015 4:46 PM

I suspect that Gabe is simply over-worked rather than disinterested in a Restoration package. You might contact him (not badger him, please) to see what could be done to move this forward.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 2 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS