Pre-pubs vs. base package references

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:10 PM

I had a question, I thought I heard somewhere that some of the resources contained in the base packages that people upgraded to are not out yet. If true, are any of these listed in pre-pub? My biggest question is, is there risk of buying a pre-pub that is targeted for my base package for free?

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:27 PM

Dominick Sela:
some of the resources contained in the base packages that people upgraded to are not out yet.

True

Dominick Sela:
is there risk of buying a pre-pub that is targeted for my base package for free?

not if you compare your intended purchase with the list of resources in the comparison chart that Logos provides at the bottom of the upgrade page: http://www.logos.com/upgrade

Blessings!

Bill

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:24 AM

Thanks Bill, but that link doesn't work for me - I get a "list of recommended purchases" from Logos on that page since I have already upgraded to 4.  I cannot find that comparison chart anymore, do you see it?

Posts 18888
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:26 AM

Dominick Sela:

Thanks Bill, but that link doesn't work for me - I get a "list of recommended purchases" from Logos on that page since I have already upgraded to 4.  I cannot find that comparison chart anymore, do you see it?

It's at http://www.logos.com/comparison

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:29 AM

Ah I was just coming back to post the link, I found it too. Thanks!

http://www.logos.com/comparison

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:29 AM

Rosie Perera:

Thanks, Rosie. For me, the chart was BELOW all the sales info about recommended purchases. Guess the entire page must be custom for each user. Embarrassed

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 18888
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:02 PM

Bill Stonebraker:

Rosie Perera:

Thanks, Rosie. For me, the chart was BELOW all the sales info about recommended purchases. Guess the entire page must be custom for each user. Embarrassed

Yes, the chart is below the sales info about recommended purchases, but once you've purchased you can't see it anymore. The comparison chart is available for anyone to see. I've got Portfolio now so I can't see any of those comparison charts on on the upgrade. All I get is (something new that I'd never seen before) this chart below. Arggh, just what I needed -- an invitation to spend more money. Fortunately I already have the first two items on this list and the JPS Tanakh commentary set and Simeon's Horae Homileticae (not sure why they are proposing them as add-ons for me) and am not tempted by the others (except Barth's Church Dogmatics and possibly Tozer).

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:47 PM

This has been an ongoing problem for some time now and has been addressed a few times in the distant past I think.  I thought it was supposed to be going to be fixed.  Of the 10 suggested Add  On Products for me, I have all but 3 already.  The list doesn't make any sense and is totally useless as it now stands.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 18888
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 8:30 PM

Alex Scott:

This has been an ongoing problem for some time now and has been addressed a few times in the distant past I think.  I thought it was supposed to be going to be fixed.  Of the 10 suggested Add  On Products for me, I have all but 3 already.  The list doesn't make any sense and is totally useless as it now stands.

I have just emailed Sales and Customer Service about this problem, and hopefully that will bring it back to their attention again as still an ongoing issue. Perhaps they know about it already and there's a to-do list item for someone to fix it, but everyone who could is already otherwise occupied on development for 4.0b. I don't know whether they have a dedicated website dev team.

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 8:47 PM

Rosie Perera:
once you've purchased you can't see it anymore.

Weird! Here's what I'm seeing... Sure looked like the upgrade chart to me! (I upgraded to platinum from gold.)

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:22 PM

Bill Stonebraker:
Sure looked like the upgrade chart to me! (I upgraded to platinum from gold.)

Once you've upgraded to Portfolio there are no more upgrades, hence the change to recommended add ons for those people.  Since you still have upgrades available, you get the Upgrade Chart as you've shown.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:02 AM

Dominick Sela:
My biggest question is, is there risk of buying a pre-pub that is targeted for my base package for free?

Dominick, there were several Pre-Pubs that were still on the Pre-Pub page the day we shipped Logos 4 and are in various stages of completion and fulfillment internally (they may appear "live/processed" so we can sell them to new customers, but we have not actually charged cards or fulfilled all the orders for example).

We ended up putting these Pre-Pubs into some of the collections:

• Holman Reference Collection
  • Opening up Commentary Collection
  • New Testament Studies Collection (Paternoster)
  • SPCK Gospel Studies
  • Douey-Rheims Bible

Bottom line: We are taking care of all those customers and making sure they get the best deal, are never charged twice, and get to use any amounts they had put into the Pre-Pub for their upgrade purchases. At the same time, some customers may not want to upgrade, so we can't just cancel their orders that they still want. It is a very 1 to 1 personal service issue to sort out, and as you can imagine we are really busy, and it is hard to reach everyone based on the limited contact info some people have on their accounts. If you read this and think you are affected, feel free to call us, or edit your own account online. 

There is no automation to this, it is all a personal contact and handling of every order, and gets further complicated based on mutliple purchases each customer may or may not have for the affected titles, and their upgrade choices. By default, when we see a customer who has already upgraded to a package containing one of the titles, we cancel that Pre-Pub and assume they don't want two copies... but for all the rest, we want to make sure we don't just process the order right away without having a conversation fully explaining the details.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 11:15 AM

Thanks for the reply Dan, I did check my pre-pub orders a day or two ago when it was suggested and I didn't see any dupes.  I'll call if anything weird pops up, I assume I'll know because a new resource will come down but the cont of references will not update. I can call to have Logos check it out for me.

Thanks again

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS