Page 2 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 50 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 9:43 AM

Don, is this your only Logos install? Do you have another desktop or laptop with Logos you can test this on? I don't expect it would crash but it would eliminate any setting or user data interaction (which I wouldn't expect to exist); the fault could more likely be localized to that one particular install.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 11:08 AM

could it be possible that we are encountering a memory fault at an address that is rarely used?

Windows 8 (and 7 if I remember correctly) has a memory test tool.

Additionally one could run prime95 just as a sanity check that its Logos and not an ailing piece of hardware.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2575
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 11:33 AM

I don't think that a hardware mem error is the culprit here, but it's worth a shot.

I wouldn't touch the Windows memory diagnostics with a barge pole. Get the free utility here, boot into it and run a test overnight.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 4:15 PM

I ran this test on my other laptop, and it ran fine. So I thought I wonder if the index is corrupted. So I started a Rebuild Index. It only ran for about 3 minutes and then it ended. I have attached the index log (there was no crash or anything), you can see it says the index ended prematurely:

2014-07-17 19:09:26.3241 13 Info BibleIndex (0ms) Attempting to replace index 'C:\Users\AWALT\AppData\Local\Verbum\Data\ds5emrgk.0lc\BibleIndex/index' with new index 'C:\Users\AWALT\AppData\Local\Verbum\Data\ds5emrgk.0lc\BibleIndex/index-build'.
2014-07-17 19:09:26.3511 13 Info BibleIndex Library indexing canceled, failed, or ran out of storage space; deleting temporary files.

Does this make any sense?

I have restarted and the Rebuild index has restarted. We will see how far it gets.

3660.VerbumIndexer.log

Posts 2575
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 5:49 PM

Congratulations, you have been "entrusted with a mystery". Smile

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 3:43 AM

Well I finished the complete reindex and ran the test again, it crashes in not even a minute. No way memory is used up that quickly (and it has never even been close when I have watched Perf Mon in the past).

ANy idea what to try, it seems like something is corrupted - a catalog to delete etc.?

Posts 2575
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 3:49 AM

Sorry to sound like a broken record. Best thing now is for tech support to consider the wider interests, and get on your machine to track down this SHOWSTOPPER bug.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:08 AM

Tried deleting the catalog.db and journal, same thing.

Posts 2575
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:17 AM

If Logos does not want to look into this case more closely, Don maybe you should just get out of the beta channel for now.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 6:39 AM

I have now tried on two other machines, one the Gen-Rev worked, the other it crashed. So it's not just unique to one computer. 

Of the two of three that crashed, they were older installs that have been through lots of upgrades. The one that did not crash is newer. So my next attempt if to take one of the laptops that crashed, and I am reinstalling Verbum and will then see if it works. If so, this will be the second time (first was a year or two ago as I recall) that something gets so corrupted you just have to reinstall everything. Stay tuned.

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 9:53 AM

Sorry you had to do a re-install. If it works it seems like you narrowed it down to a resource problem, having already rebuilt the indices. My guess is the code is encountering something unexpected in a version of a resource or the index created from a resource that's causing it to eat resources (maybe infinite recursion/loop?). "Update Resources" may fix the other crashing system. If it does, would love to see the logs from the update. Just another WAG.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 11:47 AM

Seeing if I can duplicate the error on my machine.

Logos is on a basically empty 256gb ssd, with 22gb ddr3, and a fx8350 processor. Should be sufficient.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 2:04 PM

<sigh>. This stinks. Reinstalled, reindex, Gen-Rev, crashes in about 10 seconds.

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 3:01 PM

My guesses keep hitting dirt. What's the same about the ones that don't work? What's different about the one machine you have where it does work? Did you log on with the same account? Are they all Windows and the same Windows version? Are they all running Verbum and at the same version? Are they all online and synced? Same language settings, etc? I'd feel better if they were all crashing; at least there would be some consistency.

With it failing on two machines and one with a fresh install it seems somehow tied to Don's account. If I were Logos, with Don's permission, I would open up a fresh box of Logos, log in under his account and try to repro it in house.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 3:33 PM

Did you log on with the same account? YES

Are they all Windows and the same Windows version? YES

Are they all running Verbum and at the same version? YES

Are they all online and synced? YES

No one from Logos has replied for awhile. Despite this being a beta forum, unless they are working on it somehow I don't think they see it as important. If when 5.2b goes gold and it still crashes, I uninstall it because I won't trust what else it might be corrupting on my system.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:04 PM

Don Awalt:
No one from Logos has replied for awhile. Despite this being a beta forum, unless they are working on it somehow I don't think they see it as important.

Don, I'd like to reassure you that we do care about your issue (in fact, you've already had our head developer reply three times in this thread!). I've been attempting to figure out what's going on and reproduce this, in addition to my other responsibilities. 

Unfortunately, I'm (personally) out of ideas, as Bradley and I haven't been able to reproduce it. I've created a case for the developers to look into, hopefully someone can figure it out. 

Randy's suggestion to try having a dev log in under your account seems like it might be useful, but I'm not sure if that's something we (company-wise) do. I'll make a note on the case to see if that (or something similar) is an option. Sorry again for the delay in responding.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:08 PM

Thank you Dylan for the response, it means a lot. It gets frustrating when you think you are alone on an issue.

Over the weekend, I plan to install Logos version of the latest bet and try that. I'll post here what I find. Maybe it's Verbum-specific....

Posts 8221
LogosEmployee

Don Awalt:
Over the weekend, I plan to install Logos version of the latest bet and try that. I'll post here what I find. Maybe it's Verbum-specific....

We've figured out what causes the crash. There is no workaround (other than searching on a smaller range, e.g., Gen-Deut, Josh-Job, etc.,); reinstalling won't help.

Posts 8221
LogosEmployee

The crash appears to be intermittent because the .NET Framework needs to find 150MB of contiguous memory in the process' virtual address space. (If it can't, it crashes.)

In a 32-bit process, address space is extremely limited so it's likely (but not guaranteed) that this will crash.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 5:48 PM

Wow great job! Is it Logos.exe and Verbum.exe?

I seem to remember reading there are some utilities that will reorganize memory to make larger contiguous space available. I wonder if that would help.

Page 2 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS