Journals Progress???

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:19 PM

Have I missed something or are journals still categorized under: promised and not delivered?  I went to the yearly subscription somewhere else and haven't kept up with it here.  

Posts 3185
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:23 PM

Have seen no movement on journals or any updates I can remember- I did the same thing, the yearly subscription, will most likely keep it going.

Posts 26498
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 3:00 PM

Can you be a bit more specific about what journals? And who made the promise of updates?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 3:30 PM

MJ. Smith:
Can you be a bit more specific about what journals?

Those formerly included in the TLJ Library from Galaxie Software

MJ. Smith:
who made the promise of updates?

Bob Pritchett

Posts 26498
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 3:39 PM

Thanks Jack - the question, and the delay, now make sense.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 1:24 PM

The "no information" thing is the killer! If we'd hear it's 6 months or 3 years, then we could decide if Logos can supply academic journals in a manner in which research can be done . . . but, it's the "no information" thing . . . So, I finally surrendered and have gone to Galaxie for a Journals subscription. Still, I really wish I could integrate my Journals into Logos! Come on, Logos . . .

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 4:28 PM

MJ. Smith:

Thanks Jack - the question, and the delay, now make sense.

Agreed...

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 4 2014 9:15 AM

Agreed.

Charlene

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 4:23 PM

We've made a lot of progress licensing journals, and are working on the text conversion now. I believe we're 30-60 days away from having lot of new content available. (I'm asking another team member to comment if they know more on the status.)

Posts 3185
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 4:45 PM

Thanks Bob- hate to ask what price range are we looking at? out right purchase or subscription?

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 5:33 AM

Bob Pritchett:

We've made a lot of progress licensing journals, and are working on the text conversion now. I believe we're 30-60 days away from having lot of new content available. (I'm asking another team member to comment if they know more on the status.)

Much thanks for your update! Looking forward to the details, and even more, getting Theological Journals inside Logos!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 7:50 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Yes I look forward to seeing what's made available! 

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 8:53 AM

We'll have a bunch of journals going up on Pre-Pub in the next week or two. There were a couple of loose ends that we're just now getting tied up. We're really close. Sorry for the delay!

Posts 1835
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 9:32 AM

Phil Gons:

We'll have a bunch of journals going up on Pre-Pub in the next week or two. There were a couple of loose ends that we're just now getting tied up. We're really close. Sorry for the delay!

Looking forward to these. Smile

Posts 3185
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 12:42 PM

Phil Gons:

I smell sticker shock coming!

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 4:22 PM

I'm going to try to purchase 1-15 next week, then look forward to what's to come. :-)

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 7 2014 2:42 PM

Journals are a great addition to our libraries—indispensable on many levels!

And while we are talking about journals, may I again make a push for Filología Neotestamentaria? If you are interested in matters pertaining to Greek, this journal is one to have in your library! Do not let the title mislead you, there are many, many articles in here that are in English (as well as French, German, Italian, etc.).

Also, at a price of $99 how can you go wrong? I recently subscribed to Currents in New Testament Studies and for just two volumes it cost the same as this whole set! It is normal to pay into the three digit range for no more than four volumes a year.

I look forward to having this in my library! 

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 7 2014 2:48 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:

Also, at a price of $99 how can you go wrong? I recently subscribed to Currents in New Testament Studies and for just two volumes it cost the same as this whole set! It is normal to pay into the three digit range for no more than four volumes a year.

Whats normal, and what the customer base are used to are two separate things however. The Galaxie journals were a fantastic deal.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 979
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 7 2014 2:57 PM

The high price is normal because libraries are their customers, not usually individuals. Many have a price for individuals that is much cheaper or connected to a membership like SBL. I'm sorry Cliff but there are lots of other things I can spend $100 on that will be more useful.

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 7 2014 3:28 PM

Tom Reynolds:

I'm sorry Cliff but there are lots of other things I can spend $100 on that will be more useful.

I understand completely. I just did not want this set to go unnoticed by those who may find it useful for their studies.

Cliff

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS