Show Differences in Text Compare not available in Logos4 Leader's Version - What?!?!

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 16
Pastor Jim D'Alessandro | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 9 2010 3:25 AM

I don't think it is right that this feature is only available on higher version of Logos4.  Watching the training videos was what excited me about upgrading...and when I saw this feature I was very excited about it.  The video did not say this was only for certain versions.  I think it is misleading that Logos lists this because viewers will assume it will be in there...like several users here on the forums seeking to find out why it does not work.  

Logos - please add this feature or at least update the video to say it is only for the higher end versions.  

Signed - Very disappointed.

Posts 3
Peter Fowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:33 AM

James - I agree - I was very disappointed to find the feature not available in the Leaders Version, especially as the Training Video made no mention of it only being available in some editions.

Peter

Posts 16
Pastor Jim D'Alessandro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 8:43 AM

Does anyone know if they plan on adding this a a basic feature soon or if it will be available as an add on?  Confused

Posts 7
Charles Pederson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 9:02 AM

I also agree,  I tried to figure out why I could not access that text compare feature. 

I hope that Logos would as least make it available as an add on.

Charlie

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 9:24 AM

JamesDAlessandro:

Does anyone know if they plan on adding this a a basic feature soon or if it will be available as an add on?  Confused

James, I'm sorry that you don' have the features you expected and feel that you were misled. I also am running the Leaders Package but have the features that you speak of. Now I did purchase these as an add-on for Logos 3 and it looks like they have migrated up to Logos 4 when I cross graded. So firstly, if you have Logos 3 installed you could do as I did and purchase the add-on which can be found here:

http://www.logos.com/addins/details/{FCB128CC-129B-498A-B16B-BA7B0663C20C}

Sync your licences via Logos 3 with the server and hopefully Logos 4 should then update itself to include the features.

Secondly are you sure that you don't already have them? As I assumed like you that they were now included with all Logos 4 base packages and that perhaps I had spent money on things that were now included as the norm. If they exist, on your machine you can find them under Tools/Passage/Text Comparison (and Passage Analysis) 

If they are not and you don't have Logos 3 installed, talk to Customer service and see if they will sell you the Logos 3 addin, and activate the licence on your behalf.

Hope this helps.

Posts 16
Pastor Jim D'Alessandro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 10:14 AM

Stephen, does it work as the add-on for Logos 3 or does it work just like it shows in the training videos for Logos 4?

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 10:19 AM

It looks and works just as you might expect in Logos 4.

Posts 16
Pastor Jim D'Alessandro | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:02 AM

Can someone from Logos confirm or not if this will be added to the lower versions?  I don't want to buy an add-on and then have it added a week or 2 later.

Posts 223
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:51 AM

The Passage Analysis options were available in the initial releases of Logos 4 however when they disappeared in one of the subsequent releases without explanation. I also noticed that the version comparison now lists Passage Analysis as not being available in LE. If you search the forums for "passage analysis" you will see a number of threads about it.

Posts 74
James Ogle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:06 PM

I'm new to Logos. Is it worth the $20 add-on fee? It looks cool on the video.

Posts 16
Pastor Jim D'Alessandro | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:16 PM

That is what I am trying to figure out - if Logos plans on putting it back in for the Leaders version.

Posts 16
Pastor Jim D'Alessandro | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:34 AM

Could I get an update from Logos if the two small button features on the Text Comparison will be added to the Leaders version of Logos in any future patch?  

Posts 27495
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:06 PM

James Ogle:
Is it worth the $20 add-on fee?

I have no idea what Logos' thinking is on this but it would be worth an email to management requesting expanded availability of the feature.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 16
Pastor Jim D'Alessandro | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:14 PM

I don't know why someone from Logos won't answer the question if it will be added in the next patch.  Zip it!

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:29 PM

JamesDAlessandro:
added in the next patch

Dear James:

You are correct--it really is only Logos that can deal with this. But there are thousands of these posts. Eventually, hopefully one of the Logos folks will see yours.

Features such as this are usually not added in a  "patch." At the very least you usually have to purchase them separately. I'm sorry that it does not appear to be presently available.

Inclusion or exclusion is usually based on marketing. It does appear that some things have been taken out of some Boxed sets, other things added. Some time ago owners of the Original Languages Boxed set asked long and loud to be able to have the Lectionary add-in. It eventually was allowed to be purchased as an optional module.

An almost similar thing happened with the PBB "reader key." In that case I believe they did add it across the board to the lower cost Box sets. At that time people were able to log in and to download it.

I realize that this does not answer your question. But if this feature was recently removed, then yes, ask vigorously for it to be replaced. But please do not assume that it will just "appear" etc.

Call, write, email, ask for it on forums like you are doing. Even better yet, phone and email Logos itself about this issue.

All the best on your potential "campaign."

Regards

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 3:57 PM

James Ogle:
Is it worth the $20 add-on fee?

Yes of course! As you can see from my previous post above I did pay the add-on fee during the Logos 3 days and that functionality has migrated up to Logos 4 with me - and I don't regret for a moment that I purchased it!

The issue as I see it is disappointment if one believed that the add-on would come within the initial purchase cost - Steve's comments are spot on and so only Logos can really answer your marketing question.

Just for clarity's sake - the add-on in question didn't come with the original Leader's Edition and so I'm not totally surprised that it's not included in the Logos 4 equivalent.

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 4:32 PM

JamesDAlessandro:
I don't think it is right that this feature is only available on higher version of Logos4.
I don;t think it is right that a Sun Roof is not a standard feature in my Ford... but, sadly it is not.   Sad

JamesDAlessandro:
 The video did not say this was only for certain versions.
Good point.  And possibly each video should have a disclaimer flash on the bottom that says, "not all features work in all packages."  or some such thing.

JamesDAlessandro:
I think it is misleading that Logos lists this because viewers will assume it will be in there
Yes, you you must also take some responsibility for not reading what you bought.  You don't sign a Mortgage Contract based on the pictures of the house, you read the contract. In this case, Logos has a very detailed listing of every book and every feature included in each package.  This listing clearly shows that the "Leaders Package" does not have Text Comparison.

Peace brother.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 5:02 PM

Joe Miller:

JamesDAlessandro:
I think it is misleading that Logos lists this because viewers will assume it will be in there
Yes, you you must also take some responsibility for not reading what you bought.  You don't sign a Mortgage Contract based on the pictures of the house, you read the contract. In this case, Logos has a very detailed listing of every book and every feature included in each package.  This listing clearly shows that the "Leaders Package" does not have Text Comparison.

Peace brother.

Like a lot of people who bought the Leader's edition, I was initially disappointed that the text comparison tool wasn't included. But when I looked at the above graphic back then, I realized MY mistake and immediately upgraded to the Scholars edition for 274 dollars more. I am very glad I did, as I count not only the previously mentioned tool as worth it, but I got a ton of very good resouces to rely on.

So I guess I'm saying it is not Logos' fault, that I did not do my research properly.

Oh yeah Joe, I'm borrowing your graphic as a visual aidWink

Posts 16
Pastor Jim D'Alessandro | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 7:33 PM

I know you said to read what comes with the versions...but when I upgraded from the Pastors version I got the 'Text Comparison' panel as a carry-over feature.  I do have 'Text Comparison' in Leaders because of the upgrade.  The issue I had was that I assumed I would retain the features of the 'Text Comparison' like the double 'A's (Show Differences & Show Base Text).  That is the features that did not display though - hence the issue.  So viewing the list of what version contained what feature was really of no help because it does not break it down into all the details specifics of the 'Text Comparison' features. 

It's all good though guys and thanks for the thoughts.

Posts 5
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2010 1:07 PM

Today I purchased the Compare Parallel Bible Versions Addin for Logos 3 and it enabled the Show Differences and Show Base Text Text Compare capabilities in Logos 4.   I'm not sure if it would automatically sync up with Logos 4 or not, but here are the steps I took:

1. Purchase Compare Parallel Bible Versions Addin for Logos 3
  2. Click the download link in the order confirmation page to upgrade Logos 3
  3. Synchronize licenses in Logos 3
  4. Re-start Logos 4

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS