Logos 6 "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew"

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 35
Gerard Shanley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:32 PM

I was disappointed to see that "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew" was not updated to work within Logos 6. What are the plans for this resource - it seems at this stage ALL previously purchased products should be fully integrated.

Specifically: 

1.What are the plans for this Resource's functionality within Logos 6?

2.What is the timeline for its integration?

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 1:24 AM

Gerard Shanley:

1.What are the plans for this Resource's functionality within Logos 6?

2.What is the timeline for its integration?

Having invested in this for Logos 4, not being able to fully benefit from it in Logos 5 and now being a Logos 6 user I too would like an answer to these questions.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 4742
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:01 AM

Gerard Shanley:
I was disappointed to see that "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew" was not updated to work within Logos 6

What does not work? My video's still work fine. Can you elaborate?

Posts 35
Gerard Shanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:22 AM

I did not say it does not work- I pointed out that it does not  work WITHIN the Logos 6 program.  

Posts 1931
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:37 AM

Fredc:

Logos moved away from AF morphology to their own LHM and the original videos still feature AF. There have been random posts over the last couple years about reshooting these videos with the new morphology so that what users see in the videos and what they see in the program are more similar.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 564
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:42 AM

David Thomas:

Fredc:

Logos moved away from AF morphology to their own LHM and the original videos still feature AF. There have been random posts over the last couple years about reshooting these videos with the new morphology so that what users see in the videos and what they see in the program are more similar.

What David said.  

This resource cost WAAAAAAY too much to have never been updated so it can work with Logos 5 and now 6.  It is the single worst failure that has been evidenced by Logos continual efforts for new and better without updating a $500 resource to be fully functional in Logos 5 and now 6.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:53 AM

If you go to the Mobile Ed section you will find a list of all current and planned courses. They are planning an update to these courses. I don't think it is hard to understand why they delayed up dating it for L5, knowing that L6 was just about to be released. I am sure we will be hearing more soon.

Posts 35
Gerard Shanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:57 AM

Thank you David for your reply which clarifies the specific problem. I think that the issue for Logos is the resolve to fix it and give a timeline for the fix.

As you point out this is not a new issue so while all the new video content was being prepared for Mobile Ed (which I consider a great product) the reworking of this resource should have been prioritized.

The question that can reasonably be raised is:

What will become of Mobile Ed resources with future iterations of the Logos software if there is a history of  placing  on the back burner a past, costly resource?

Posts 1931
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:57 AM

Keith Larson:

If you go to the Mobile Ed section you will find a list of all current and planned courses. They are planning an update to these courses. I don't think it is hard to understand why they delayed up dating it for L5, knowing that L6 was just about to be released. I am sure we will be hearing more soon.

a free or DEEPLY Discounted m.Ed course for those who bought the DVDs would be consistent with the fairness demonstrated by Logos over other issues and would make this user content.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 4742
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 10:44 AM

I now understand what the OP meant by their post. While I agree it would be nice to receive an update to these videos I do not think it is a reasonable expectation. 

Posts 35
Gerard Shanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:22 AM

I agree with you that it may not be a reasonable expectation, however, I have very high expectations of Logos as a business that excels in customer service by assuring that all purchased products remain up to date. Now that Mobile Ed has shown the value of video content being fully integrated within the Library this excellent resource should not remain an orphan. Great products have a tendency to increase expectations! 

I think it is reasonable to have clear answer to the questions.

Posts 4742
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:34 AM

Gerard Shanley:

I agree with you that it may not be a reasonable expectation, however, I have very high expectations of Logos as a business that excels in customer service by assuring that all purchased products remain up to date. Now that Mobile Ed has shown the value of video content being fully integrated within the Library this excellent resource should not remain an orphan. Great products have a tendency to increase expectations! 

I think it is reasonable to have clear answer to the questions.

I think it is very reasonable to have high expectations of Logos. In my experience more times than not they meet or exceed them. I do not think it is reasonable for them to provide new products free of charge, or expect them to continually update or modernize old products users have purchased.

Posts 1694
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 12:00 PM

Our team is actively working on updating 'Learn to Use'. I can't name a date yet, but it's being worked on right now. Sorry for the delay...

Posts 1081
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 12:56 AM

I see that 'Mobile Ed: Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos 6' has now appeared on Pre-Pub.

In the product description is states:

If you own the previous versionLearn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software, you will receive a specially discounted price once the product is live. We recommend you place your order at that time.

It seem strange ... buy it now and get a discount later ... I am not sure why they cannot discuss the discount now ... it makes for a hard purchasing decision.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 1:13 AM

Martin Folley:

... buy it now and get a discount later ... 

IMHO you are totally misunderstanding/misquoting the advertisement here! Big Smile

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 28205
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 1:30 AM

Martin Folley:

I see that 'Mobile Ed: Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos 6' has now appeared on Pre-Pub.

In the product description is states:

If you own the previous versionLearn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software, you will receive a specially discounted price once the product is live. We recommend you place your order at that time.

It seem strange ... buy it now and get a discount later ... I am not sure why they cannot discuss the discount now ... it makes for a hard purchasing decision.

Not as strange as your interpretation. Faithlife says - wait till you see the discount to order. You say buy first and get a discount later which seems to be directly opposite of their instructions. Back to Hermeneutics 101 for you. Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 3:31 AM

I am really looking forward to see what the discount is going to be. I hope it will make it worth the while to buy this course... AGAIN.

Posts 1982
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 5:38 AM

For those who own the previous version, does the website show that you own the product?  I own it, but the website does not indicate that I do.

Posts 599
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 7:27 AM

Mark:

For those who own the previous version, does the website show that you own the product?  I own it, but the website does not indicate that I do.

I just checked and it does not show that I own it either. I still use my copy every once in a while, but a newer, improved, working copy will be great.

Posts 21
Gerard Shanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 8:11 AM

Delighted to see this great resource heading into production- I'm sure it will have been worth the wait.

Hermeneutics is also not  one of  my strong points- does "live" mean when it is out of Pre-Pub or when it is shipped? Huh?

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS