Slow Updates on L6

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 2 2014 9:17 PM

I upgraded to Ls from L5 without a problem but the updates are a disaster. They are painfully slow, almost at a stop.

It has taken many days of trying everything I know, following the advice given on other posts to no avail. I've switched from wireless to ethernet. Restarted everything I know and there is no change.

48 hours of continual an uninterrupted update gave 1% increase. I got as far as 62% and gave up. When I restarted the computer, Up came Logos update again. This time at 63%. of 4.1Gb.

I have noticed that the file sizes keep increasing each time I try, commenting with 2.5Gb to the current 4.1Gb. 

I have the latest iMac with i7 processor, 32Gb Ram and 3Tb fusion drive. 
There are no problems downloading massive updates for Adobe CC products like Muse, Dreamweaver, InDesign and fireworks.

I also run windows 8 via Parallels and there are no problems there.

It seems to me to be more like a Logos issue. Is there a solution?

Robert

Posts 30144
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 11:47 PM

There is a thread specifically about the Mac download problem - not being a Mac person I don't recall the details but scan the first page or two of the L6 forum and you should see it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10788
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:03 AM

Robert Carter:
I upgraded to Ls from L5 without a problem but the updates are a disaster. They are painfully slow, almost at a stop.

Yosemite has a serious flaw in wi-fi. Can you connect via ethernet? This is an Apple problem that shows up in several apps with large wi-fi downloads.

This is my understanding of this problem. Personally had no problem downloading with Mac OS 10.10.

Posts 28695
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:45 AM

Robert Carter:
It seems to me to be more like a Logos issue. Is there a solution?

See this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93214.aspx 

Especially Bradley's post: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/93214/648695.aspx#648695 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 2:37 PM

Yes, I have done all others suggested, but nothing works.

I have even reset my internet/Network/wireless settings and tried ethernet. Nothing works.
As I said before, everything works OK for me. I have no wireless issues with Apple and have upgraded other immense applications without any problems whatever.

For me this is solely related to L6.

Posts 28695
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 2:48 PM

Robert Carter:
For me this is solely related to L6.

... are you sure? Would it be more accurate to say:

"For me this is solely related to LOGOS downloading resources on Mac running OS X 10.10"?

I am aware of users having issues in L5 (so not just an "L6" issue... which is based on L5 anyway). I am unaware of users having issues who are running on OS X 10.9.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 3:13 PM

I was just asked, "Am I sure"?
Of course!
I thought I had explained what has been happening.
I had no problems with L5 other than that being slow when indexing and slow in some updates, considering that this is a large application.

This was with Mavericks as well as my new Yosemite.

I have also stated that I have no other issues with any other software. Some updated have been on Mavericks and some with Yosemite and there have been no problems with either.

For interest's sake, I refer to Adobe Muse, Dreamweaver, Flash, InDesign, Fireworks, Photoshop, After effects, Lightroom, Premier, Illustrator and more and there have been no dramas. This is all on wireless, even with Yosemite.
Robert

Posts 434
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 4:40 PM

Robert Carter:

I was just asked, "Am I sure"?
Of course!
I thought I had explained what has been happening.
I had no problems with L5 other than that being slow when indexing and slow in some updates, considering that this is a large application.

This was with Mavericks as well as my new Yosemite.

I have also stated that I have no other issues with any other software. Some updated have been on Mavericks and some with Yosemite and there have been no problems with either.

For interest's sake, I refer to Adobe Muse, Dreamweaver, Flash, InDesign, Fireworks, Photoshop, After effects, Lightroom, Premier, Illustrator and more and there have been no dramas. This is all on wireless, even with Yosemite.
Robert

My experience has been similar to yours. I don't know where the glitch is, other than, for me, it began not when I upgraded to Yosemite but when the L5 "massive update" came out just before L6 was released. That update downloaded unbelievably slowly. After trying all the suggested solutions, I found that an oldie - fixing permissions in Disk Utility - worked for me. No other app or program or web site gives me download issues. Nor did I have Logos download issues on my MacBook Pro before the "massive update". 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS