Please...Oh please....make the Win version more resemble....cough...cough....this....

Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 52 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 15 2010 6:45 AM

I know that this has been discussed before but seeing he A11 screen shots always reminds me just how "washed out" and HARD TO SEE....the windows version really is.

Notice how all of the buttons and commands "pop"? They are easily distinguised from the background?

Notice that you can see EXACTLY where the "handle" to scroll is because it's dark?

PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE.....can we just TRY to go this direction?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:06 AM

Robert Pavich:
I know that this has been discussed before but seeing he A11 screen shots always reminds me just how "washed out" and HARD TO SEE....the windows version really is.

So this is why you are always hanging out on the L4Mac forum!!! YOU HAVE MAC ENVY!

Seriously, I agree with you. That was why I made yesterday's foray down memory lane with 1.XX and L3 I was looking for something easier on my eyes like L4Mac is.

Posts 3258
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:08 AM

Amen! Amen! Amen! can I get another witness to this need Big Smile

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:48 AM

Terry Poperszky:
So this is why you are always hanging out on the L4Mac forum!!! YOU HAVE MAC ENVY!

Terry,

I must admit...I followed that link to the mac store.. Wink

Robert Pavich

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:53 AM

Yes yes please

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 8:26 AM

I too would like to see more contrast between the active panes and the other open resources. The "handle" could use sharper contrast. As I age, this is becoming more of an issue.

I like the clean look of this program.

Thanks

Chuck

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 8:31 AM

YesYesYes. Add my vote to this request.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 98
Henry Finkle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 8:36 AM

+1 Yes . Why are the buttons on the windows version flat anyway?

+2 for the scroll bars!!!

Also placing a "x" button to each tab would also be nice.

Posts 1141
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 8:50 AM

More contrast, yes!  Thanks, Robert for bringing this up!!!  It does look all washed out and to my emotion, somewhat lonely and lackluster.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:24 AM

Robert Pavich:
Notice how all of the buttons and commands "pop"? They are easily distinguised from the background?
You are a brave man Robert... risking a lynching for PC heresy. Yes

On a serious note, to be honest this is what I love about the dual platform approach Logos has undertaken. There is stuff that is cool on both the PC and Mac side and I know both teams are working together to bring the best of both OS environments to bear.  

PS
Notice our nice blue slider control?  We can actually see it :-) 

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 118
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:30 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Amen! Amen! Amen! can I get another witness to this need Big Smile

Yes I see that hand

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:36 PM

Joe Miller:
PS

Kevin Purcell has been hollering about this from Day 1. We older guys have failing eyesight and need a little help with contrast and snappy colors WITHOUT having to become PC infidels and cross into that Mac region.  Please do give us pretty buttons and sliders.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:41 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Joe Miller:
PS

Kevin Purcell has been hollering about this from Day 1

Then I was asking for it from day -28 since it was a request of mine in the Beta testing phase.  Remember, I had an entire thread on how to make improvements for those folks with visual impairments?  Anyway, I hope it happens on the PC side and stays solid on the Mac side :-)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:47 PM

Joe Miller:
You are a brave man Robert... risking a lynching for PC heresy. Yes

Well to be precise...I said I wanted the LOOK of the Mac version...not that I wanted a Mac....  Big Smile

Robert Pavich

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:51 PM

Joe Miller:

Then I was asking for it from day -28 since it was a request of mine in the Beta testing phase.  Remember, I had an entire thread on how to make improvements for those folks with visual impairments?  Anyway, I hope it happens on the PC side and stays solid on the Mac side :-)

I still remember the conversation, your comments about the homepage and fonts !

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:52 PM

I nearly bought a MAC when shopping for a new laptop  2 yrs ago. The reason I didn't--Logos for MAC wasn't ready to launch and I couldn't wait any longer (computer died). Love this lookYesYes

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:59 PM

Robert Pavich:
Well to be precise...I said I wanted the LOOK of the Mac version...not that I wanted a Mac....  Big Smile

Now there is a typical PC user. I want all the Mac goodness, I just don't want a Mac. Stick out tongue

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:10 PM

Ted Hans:
 I still remember the conversation, and your comments about  homepage and the fonts !

I am sorry I did not give Joe his due credit. I guess I don't spend enough times on the forums. Surprise  I missed that one and will try to hunt it down. The ZoomText software solutions aren't working that great for me.

I have not tried multi-monitors on my L4 installation because I don't have room for the 36" monitors where I have the desktop.

[Ted, I could not figure out how to answer your question about my monitors. I've got five 36" Behemoths - 3 are Gateway Destination with low resolution.]

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:21 PM

Yes Yes, much better contrast and presumably easier on these 56 year-old eyes.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:46 PM

Matthew C Jones:
I am sorry I did not give Joe his due credit. I guess I don't spend enough times on the forums. Surprise  I missed that one and will try to hunt it down.
well, no "credit" needed.. more to the point I wanted to suggest that this has been an issue for a long time and I hope to see some progress on the Windows side for those who have trouble seeing.  I am really happy with the clarity of the program on the Mac side.  Even the book print is much clearer than the older 1.2.2 mac version.  

PS

At the Beta testing time, I gathered input from several other testers and tried to put it all on one page.  If you do find the old thread, I know there was a collection of suggestion that maybe should be revived.  

Blessings all!

Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS