adding books to Library logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Mlthrbrry | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:28 AM

I am sorry if this is somewhere else but i have searched and searched.

Is there a simple way to add my own books to my library. Kindle books or ereader books. I have a large library of books outside of my logos software and would love to be able to acces them all in one program. I have reqad the part about adding a word document and make it a new book but would like to just import the books that i already own into my logos library

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:45 AM

Mlthrbrry:
I have reqad the part about adding a word document and make it a new book but would like to just import the books that i already own

The file formats of those books are not compatible with the Logos "engine"

The re-creation of your books into a Word compatible "docx" file appears to be the only way that Logos can "read" your books from Kindle, epub etc

There are free programs like "Calibre" that can help with this process.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 4
Mlthrbrry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:01 AM

what format is required for logos books and is there a convert program out there that will convert the different  forms into the correct ones and if i can get them into the correct form where do i put them so that they can be recognized by logos software.  I also use another bible software that i dont really like but i have books there that i can only use with there software.. Same issue

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:11 AM

Mlthrbrry:
what format is required for logos books

They need to be in .docx format to be compiled into Logos-compatible format.

Mlthrbrry:
is there a convert program out there that will convert the different  forms into the correct ones

So you would need a program which can convert into that format - there are many threads in the forums discussing options. Calibre - mentioned above - is highly thought of by many. Office 2013 can read PDF documents and convert into .docx. But there are other options as well.

Mlthrbrry:
and if i can get them into the correct form where do i put them so that they can be recognized by logos software

Once you have them in .docx format you compile them using the Personal Book tool - some details and background are available at https://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books 

And from Logos 6, books compiled on one desktop platform will sync to other desktop platforms - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92788.aspx 

Personal Books are not currently supported on the Logos mobile platforms.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS