New Feature: Personal Book Upload

Page 1 of 4 (76 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 75 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 26 2014 1:28 PM

What is it? 

Personal Book Sync allows you to automatically download compiled personal books on other desktop installations.

How does it work? 

After compiling a Personal Book, the “Upload” button will appear when selecting the resource from the list. After uploading a Personal Book, the PB will be downloaded on other Windows/Mac installations (v. 5.3 and above) when updating resources.

Open in Logos 6

Posts 5
Chris Toney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:07 PM

Will personalized books show up on devices such as smart phones and tablets as well?

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:09 PM

Chris Toney:

Will personalized books show up on devices such as smart phones and tablets as well?

Not at this time.

Posts 9041
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:37 PM

I had not tried this out before, but here is what I am seeing with the book I just recomplied:

The Upload button is greyed out and non-functional.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:49 PM

I was able to upload several PPB made more than a year ago, but one I could not because the upload button was greyed out for this one docx  PBB.  Is ther a size limitation?  I think my PBB file was about 40 MB.  Cool feature, though.  I have not synched my Mac to the uploaded PBB yet.

David

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:59 PM

I don't remember the size limit but there is one.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13141
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:53 PM

I think the file limit is 20Mb on the compiled book.

Posts 9041
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:56 PM

Mark Barnes:

My obviously small books upload but the big ones (like the screenshot above) will not. I can always try dividing them up. It would be nice to know what the size limit is.

Edit: I have a monster in there (384,000 KB). (Bet Mark knows what that one is.) Two other big ones at 156,000 KB and 60,000 KB. Those last two would take a little effort to divide up.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:23 PM

Mark Smith:

Mark Barnes:

My obviously small books upload but the big ones (like the screenshot above) will not. I can always try dividing them up. It would be nice to know what the size limit is.

Edit: I have a monster in there (384,000 KB). (Bet Mark knows what that one is.) Two other big ones at 156,000 KB and 60,000 KB. Those last two would take a little effort to divide up.

I thought for the 5.3 beta the limit was 15?

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 8806
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 6:45 PM

I'm thankful for this ability to upload but wish there was a way to upload larger personal books. Perhaps some day.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2041
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 6:57 PM

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/88381/622132.aspx#622132 

Dustin Masters (Faithlife):

I just bumped the upload size to 20 MB.

Thanks for the feedback! This is a beta feature, and we're monitoring the service and making small adjustments depending on how it is used. If there are additional issues you're running into, please let us know so we can get them fixed.

Posts 8806
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 7:54 PM

Randy W. Sims:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/88381/622132.aspx#622132 

Dustin Masters (Faithlife):

I just bumped the upload size to 20 MB.

Thanks for the feedback! This is a beta feature, and we're monitoring the service and making small adjustments depending on how it is used. If there are additional issues you're running into, please let us know so we can get them fixed.

I still have some books larger than this that I cannot upload. I understand that there must be a limit. Just wish it was higher.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 27120
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 8:09 PM

OFF TOPIC: Bruce - make sure to pay attention to where you place your text when quoting someone. You need to make sure your text comes after the "[ /quote ]" or else it looks like the other person is making the comment instead of yourself. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 51
Phelix Lockhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 8:15 PM

Are we able to upload a personal book from pages instead of a .docx file?

Posts 8806
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 8:33 PM

alabama24:

OFF TOPIC: Bruce - make sure to pay attention to where you place your text when quoting someone. You need to make sure your text comes after the "[ /quote ]" or else it looks like the other person is making the comment instead of yourself. 

I normally do. Just missed it this time. I will fix it now.

Posts 7
David Glenn Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2015 11:46 AM

I'm glad the feature is there but... I pay $3.00 a month for a hosting plan that includes unlimited online storage and data transfer (FTP).  Microsoft gave me 1 Terabyte of storage for OneDrive with an Office purchase.  I have a 4 Terabyte hard drive at home that I keep online.  For the price we pay for the software a 20M cap is laughable at best.  Just design a way for me to store my library on my own server if it's too expensive for you.  This isn't the 90's.

DGB.

Posts 7
David Glenn Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2015 11:53 AM

Oh yes, and I SHOULD be able to access all of my library on any device.  Why wouldn't I?

Posts 27120
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2015 11:56 AM

David Glenn Bailey:

Oh yes, and I SHOULD be able to access all of my library on any device.  Why wouldn't I?

what is this in response to? Faithlife's philosophy is that you should be able to have access to all of your resources on all of your devices... And that you should only pay once. FL works hard with publishers to accomplish this, and most of the time they are successful. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7
David Glenn Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2015 12:24 PM

Scroll up to Chris Toney and Todd White.

Posts 21591
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2015 1:07 PM

David Glenn Bailey:
For the price we pay for the software a 20M cap is laughable at best

This issue is being discussed in a number of places including https://community.logos.com/forums/t/88381.aspx 

Out of interest do you have an estimate of how many Personal Books you might have that are larger than 20MB? I expect this sort of information would be useful to the Faithlife team

Page 1 of 4 (76 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS