Barth on Romans

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 934
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2016 10:59 AM

Another plea for this!

Posts 1784
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2016 11:39 PM

In Germany and Switzerland, all of Karl Barth's works will enter PD on 1 January 2039. CP should not be possible.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 803
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 2 2016 9:22 AM

Jan Krohn:

In Germany and Switzerland, all of Karl Barth's works will enter PD on 1 January 2039. CP should not be possible.

Since FL is based in the US, where some of it is already PD, it could be available on CP with a geographical restriction. 

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 2:41 AM

Everett Headley:

What would it take to get this in Logos?

I agree that this is an important resource to have in Logos Yes

I have just put a suggestion for this in the user voice book suggestions 

https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/15955231-karl-barth-the-epistle-to-the-romans 

Worth a try and maybe some votes would help Smile

Posts 775
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 8:36 AM

Fred Robbins:

Sneeky SOBs.

They now have your information to do with what they want.

Um,  I certainly don't mean to be overly critical, and I hope that meekness and gentleness can be discerned in my reply here, but I honestly and respectfully don't think that this is the kind of dialogue we should aspire to in a Christian community forum.  There should be something different about our speech and our conduct as followers of Christ, and I don't think such a label is appropriate language to be spoken or read in a Christian forum. 

As such, I would just like to ask that we keep our dialogue pure and Christ-honoring.

Thank you in advance for humbly and graciously considering my request. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 2785
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:34 PM

I found a free copy of Barth's commentary on Romans on archive.org.  I assume archive.org is a very legitimate source.  It is a pdf file that does need ocr work before it could be made into a personal book. 

I hope to do that for myself, but would need to be sure that it is not a copyright violation before sharing on the files forum.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:53 PM

Michael Childs:

I found a free copy of Barth's commentary on Romans on archive.org.  I assume archive.org is a very legitimate source.  It is a pdf file that does need ocr work before it could be made into a personal book. 

I hope to do that for myself, but would need to be sure that it is not a copyright violation before sharing on the files forum.

Yes

That would be such a blessing if it is legally available for you to share. 

Posts 2785
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 4:12 PM

Sue McIntyre:

Michael Childs:

Yes

That would be such a blessing if it is legally available for you to share. 

I definitely downloaded the file as a pdf from archive.org and still have it on my computer.  But I just went back to achive.org.  They still have some Barth material, but I no longer find his commentary on Romans.  That makes me suspicious that it was a mistake and has been removed.

I downloaded it about 6 or 8 months back.  But I no longer see it there.  However, there is some Barth material posted.

If I found out the file is legal to share, I would be happy to do so.  But for now, I cannot do that.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 4:40 PM

Michael Childs:

I definitely downloaded the file as a pdf from archive.org and still have it on my computer.  But I just went back to achive.org.  They still have some Barth material, but I no longer find his commentary on Romans.  That makes me suspicious that it was a mistake and has been removed.

I downloaded it about 6 or 8 months back.  But I no longer see it there.  However, there is some Barth material posted.

If I found out the file is legal to share, I would be happy to do so.  But for now, I cannot do that.

Thank you Michael for your reply. It certainly does not sound like it is legally available to share! 

There are several editions of this volume and I am not sure which one/s (and which translations) are of the most value to scholars. Barth himself made substantial revisions between the first and second editions.

I have high hopes that one of the later editions will appear in Logos eventually. The sixth edition (translated by Edwyn C. Hoskyns)  is published by Oxford University Press and Logos/Verbum/Noet have other resources from this publisher in their cataloguesSmile

Posts 934
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 4:43 PM

Fwiw, ive been told that they are negotiating to get this in Logos, but thats been several months now.  They say its a priority.

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 4:48 PM

Everett Headley:
ive been told that they are negotiating to get this in Logos,

Thank you Everett. That is good news Yes

Posts 934
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:50 AM

Still not in Logos!  Rise up and demand they get! (Or at least ask politely, with a please and thank you.)

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:16 AM

Everett Headley:

Still not in Logos!  Rise up and demand they get! (Or at least ask politely, with a please and thank you.)

I will be as happy as you when we get it into our software :)

The rights for it just are not very straightforward ...

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 310
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:16 PM

Everett, thank you for continuing to drive this request.  A lot of us appreciate your effort on this and share your desire to have this resource in the Logos format.  

Ben, thank you for weighing in on this and please continue to push for a creative and successful resolution to fill this hole in our libraries!  We're grateful and hopeful.

Posts 934
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 10:18 AM

Has there been ANY movement towards getting this in Logos, it even vyrso?  

Posts 934
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 4 2017 8:23 AM

Posts 4693
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 4 2017 3:15 PM

Before downloading anything from any website you should find out about the site, including their privacy policy - if it doesn't exist thats a good warning to not proceed any further, and if there are any joining costs or costs per download. 

I am familiar with scribed, once had an account but decided for me I no longer required it, but if in the future I thought it once again was of value to me, I would consider signing up again after checking I was still comfortable with the terms and conditions and pricing at that time.

Fred Robbins:

Everett Headley:

I have found this copy in Scribd.  Does anyone know if it will work in a pdf convertor to word?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/75027604/Karl-Barth-The-Epistle-to-the-Romans 

I hate it when a site offers a download and asks for info from you, then after that, you learn you must pay to download it. Sneeky SOBs.

They now have your information to do with what they want.

Posts 520
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 4 2017 5:51 PM

Everett Headley:

👍👍👍

Posts 934
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 22 2017 8:48 AM

Posts 884
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 22 2017 9:04 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):
The rights for it just are not very straightforward ...

^That's probably why not. I'd like to have it too, but it could take a long time for the situation to change.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS