Indexer keeps crashing since last update.

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 41 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 25746
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 1:25 AM

MartinYKLee:
This problem started after Logos detected an update but crashed while trying to update. Deleting the Library and Bible Indexes didn't help, but over-writing the other files (e.g. update manager, download manager, history manager, etc.) with working copies seems to have solved the problem. Perhaps somehow something went wrong with another module (e.g. update manager, download manager), which then somehow affected the Indexer?

To confirm:-

• your backup was 4.0b SR-2 (the last update of 4.0b)?
  • you allowed all backup files to overwrite current  ones?

The problem occurred during the download of the 4.0c software update and could have been affected by previous downloads, especially Windows Update. It is quite likely that the condition was cleared before the successful attempt or was cleared because of the new files! It was not an index issue, though, as the Indexer  was supervising the download.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10
Martin YK Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 10:01 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply!

I confirm that my backup was 4.0b SR-2 (4.02.3.8750). I didn't do a complete overwrite; to save time I only restored those files that had an older date/time signature. These were files located in: Update Manager, History Manager, KeyLink Manager, Library Catalog, Download Manager, Statistics, Install, Users, LocalUserPreferences, History Mangaer, Guides, ReverseInterlinearManager, Updates, LayoutManager and UserPreferences. Hmmm... yes, basically all the files, other than those in my Resources folder...! Stick out tongue

Thanks for your thoughts! Yes, perhaps Windows Update messed something up, and restoring my files from the backup seems to have cleared the problem. Now I'm happily using 4.0c. Hurrah! Smile

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS