Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 979
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 1:08 PM

Dan,

Have you had a chance to work with a couple of apps in split screen?  I'm interested in your thoughts there with the 9.7 screen.

Posts 11
Mel Longtin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 1:19 PM

Will Apples productivity Apps (Notes, etc.)work in split screen on the Pro (IOS 9.3)?

Posts 28282
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 1:46 PM

Mel Longtin:
Will Apples productivity Apps (Notes, etc.)work in split screen on the Pro (IOS 9.3)?

Yes.

If you are thinking of getting one, You should go to an Apple Store (or best buy if you must) and test it out first. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 129
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 1:50 PM

Mel Longtin:

Thanks Alabama.

Is Logos fully functional on the iPad pro as it is on a desktop? Is the functionality any different between the Pro and the iPad?  Thanks, Mel

The IOS Logos app is virtually the same whether you use it on an iphone, ipad, or ipad pro. With that said, you should REALLY investigate remote desktop on the 12.9. It's jawdropping.

You can just remote into your desktop and run the full version of Logos on your iPad Pro 12.9. It will work with even a 9.7 or iPhone but your screen will be much smaller. 

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 2:22 PM

I have have no problems with split screen as you see although not every application is SC capable.

Dan

Posts 979
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 5:24 PM

Matt Zimmerman:

... With that said, you should REALLY investigate remote desktop on the 12.9. ...

What app do you use to do that?

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 5:30 PM

Thats Verbum on left and Accordance on the right... you can download the iOS free... one advantage of this for me in particular is that i need no internet connection to look up original language on Accordance. the iOS download comes with the ESV tagged to strongs.

-Dan

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 6:23 PM

Steve I am not 100% sure which one he used but I use spashtop to run my macbook from my iPAD....

-Dan

Posts 129
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 7:03 PM

Steve:

Matt Zimmerman:

... With that said, you should REALLY investigate remote desktop on the 12.9. ...

What app do you use to do that?

I used to use remote desktop (just the MS app) but having to keep 3389 or whatever that port is open all the time is fairly insecure. So I bought a subscription to Parallels Access. It's a really cool program. http://www.parallels.com/products/access/

Posts 979
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 10:23 AM

Thank you, Dan and Matt.  Let me do some investigation. I had not thought about a remote desktop connection from my iPad before.

Posts 1186
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 1:00 PM

Wow Dan, the split screen is really nice! Are you able to split the screen with 2 logos apps? Maybe Logos/Verbum or Noet? Also really like your case and background pic! Did the case come with the pictures or did you add them to it somehow? Any chance you could tell us where you found them?

I have an older iPad that can't do the split screen feature, but seeing this might give me something to save up for!

Posts 11
Mel Longtin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 1:42 PM

Thanks Matt,

Parallels Access looks to give me access to MS Office and even my Quicken on my Mac. I think that MS Word will work in split screen mode? If so, I could have a Bible on one side and notes on the other side using MS Word. I could use this method for teaching from my iPad Pro.

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 6:46 PM

Liam:

Wow Dan, the split screen is really nice! Are you able to split the screen with 2 logos apps? Maybe Logos/Verbum or Noet? Also really like your case and background pic! Did the case come with the pictures or did you add them to it somehow? Any chance you could tell us where you found them?

I have an older iPad that can't do the split screen feature, but seeing this might give me something to save up for!

Yes you can run Logos and Vyrso or Verbum together.

-Dan

Posts 28282
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 7:48 PM

Liam:
I have an older iPad that can't do the split screen feature

As Dan said, yes. However, you don't need a "pro" to run them side by side. My Air 2 works fine.

Posts 1025
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 8:37 PM

Does that remote app work for iPad mini? I believe I have the 3rd generation.

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 28282
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 9:19 PM

Keith:
Does that remote app work for iPad mini? I believe I have the 3rd generation.

It should... although the smaller the screen, the less useful (imo). 

Posts 1025
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 11:08 PM

Big Smile

Haha very true! 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS