New Feature: Courses Tool

Page 2 of 6 (110 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 109 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 26531
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:52 AM

Jonathan:

Perhaps its too early to know, but is this tool going to be curated and maintained by Faithlife? Or is this tool something that would enable churches to create their own courses?

It doesn't seem like the decision has been made but if there is sufficient interest I personally think they will make it available.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:53 AM

Yasmin Stephen:
I've restarted the app more than once, and same result - nothing in the Courses tool

One other option before calling tech support, in the command box type "update resources" . Caution this will take some time.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:03 AM

Lynden Williams:

Yasmin Stephen:
I've restarted the app more than once, and same result - nothing in the Courses tool

One other option before calling tech support, in the command box type "update resources" . Caution this will take some time.

I've done this more than once as well. And restarted my computer. Same result.

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:05 AM

Yasmin, sound like you need to call tech support. Sales is in overdrive, but tech support should not be so busy.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 10045
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:11 AM

However, since the courses tool is powered via the web, there is a chance that bandwith issues at.Faithlife is the root cause of the problem  (just speculating here)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:12 AM

NB.Mick:

However, since the courses tool is powered via the web, there is a chance that bandwith issues at.Faithlife is the root cause of the problem  (just speculating here)

Now that you mention it, I think you are on point.

Posts 3080
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:21 AM

So if I wanted to do this course:

would I see everything in the panel to the left of the course description and requirements?

Would the session exclude the first 8/7 resources and generate a plan with only the books I have.

Is there a video on how this works?

mm.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:26 AM

Lynden Williams:

Yasmin, sound like you need to call tech support. Sales is in overdrive, but tech support should not be so busy.

I'll wait a couple of days to see if it resolves itself. I'm in no special need of the tool right now and I try to avoid support calls as much as possible.

Posts 229
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:28 AM

Same here. No resources.

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:29 AM

Milkman:
Is there a video on how this works?

Here you go. https://www.logos.com/logos-pro/courses-tool

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 1:43 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

Lynden Williams:

I'll wait a couple of days to see if it resolves itself. I'm in no special need of the tool right now and I try to avoid support calls as much as possible.

Well, it seems to have fixed itself. On its own. How? No idea. Checked it out again and there they were (and like, everyone else, I see way more than I own). *shrug* *smile* *wave*

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:49 PM

We just deployed a server fix to filter out Mobile Ed courses if you don't own the primary textbook resource. If you restart Logos, you should see that plans for courses you don't own have disappeared. (If for some reason you had already started a plan for a course you don't own, it will still be there in the "Started" section, and you can delete it to get rid of it.)

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:57 PM

Eli Evans:

We just deployed a server fix to filter out Mobile Ed courses if you don't own the primary textbook resource. If you restart Logos, you should see that plans for courses you don't own have disappeared. (If for some reason you had already started a plan for a course you don't own, it will still be there in the "Started" section, and you can delete it to get rid of it.)

That's better. Thanks. FWIW, when I re-started Logos I could still see the mobileEd courses, but when I clicked on one I didn't own, they extraneous ones disappeared.

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Jon Bolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 4:01 PM

Milkman:

would I see everything in the panel to the left of the course description and requirements?

The left pane shows the entire table of contents (all of the sections) of the course. It does not exclude segments with resources that you do not own. 

Milkman:
Would the session exclude the first 8/7 resources and generate a plan with only the books I have.

As you progress through the course, some of the sessions will be empty because you don't own the content. 

Posts 297
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 6:20 PM

It would be good if this new feature would work with the moody AM Bible Courseware

is this possible to implement in the course tool

Mick
Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 6:34 AM

What I am seeing is that if I don't own the mobile ed courses that are displayed I can still read the text and the links to the additional resources still work - I just can't watch the video. The video is transcribed into the course though :-) 

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Jon Bolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 10:29 AM

Michael:
moody AM Bible Courseware

Can you send me a link to the resource on Logos' site?

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Jon Bolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 10:33 AM

Dave Thawley:
I can still read the text

Hi Dave, I think what you are seeing are the text of the Suggested Reading/See Also links. If you don't own the Mobile Ed course, I don't think you are seeing the transcription of the video lectures. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Posts 3080
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 10:41 AM

What a great idea!!

Thanks for thinking about this. Makes studying so much easier.

Does FL takes suggestions for designing new courses as well?

mm.

mm.

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Jon Bolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 10:48 AM

Milkman:

Does FL takes suggestions for designing new courses as well?

We do take suggestions, though we make no promises. Smile

Page 2 of 6 (110 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS