New Feature: Courses Tool

Page 4 of 6 (110 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 109 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:40 PM

SineNomine:

Is there a link I can click on to see all courses, including the ones not available to me in the Courses tool?

Is this what you are looking for: https://www.logos.com/mobile-ed/courses or in the store https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Logos+Mobile+Education 

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:42 PM

Ralph Wood:
 Is there somewhere we can view a list of all courses and their requirements?

No course seems to list its requirements on the course page of the website.

As far as I can tell, you would need to follow the appropriate faithlife group, download the excel file of readings, and then manually check them against your library. 

Posts 13205
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:42 PM

Damian McGrath:
As far as I can tell, you would need to follow the appropriate faithlife group, download the excel file of readings, and then manually check them against your library. 

It's probably quicker to download the notes/highlighting file and open that in Logos, as it will be easier to see what you don't have.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 12:41 AM

Mark Barnes:
It's probably quicker to download the notes/highlighting file and open that in Logos, as it will be easier to see what you don't have.

Did you try this Mark?

All I get is a list of "unavailable resource" links (see below)

I have to click on each one to find our what it is. Some show me the title, a purchasing option, and a preview. Some just give me a resource id and a link to visit Logos.com.

The list is ordered by references and does not indicate whether they are required readings or suggested readings nor the number of times they are referenced.

Posts 13205
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:20 AM

Damian McGrath:
I have to click on each one to find our what it is. Some show me the title, a purchasing option, and a preview. Some just give me a resource id and a link to visit Logos.com.

I usually only have one or two unavailable resources (if any), so for me it's quicker to look for those in a notes document, than to go through forty or sixty rows of a spreadsheet trying to remember what's in my library. If you're missing a lot of resources, I can see how the spreadsheet might work much better.

The link to logos.com is often useful, by the way, and is likely to take you to the correct product page. If there's no preview, it either means its a Vyrso book, or it's only available as part of a bundle.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:39 AM

Mark Barnes:
I usually only have one or two unavailable resources (if any)

In other courses, I don't have many unavailable resources. But, considering the size of my library, I am surprised by how many I did not have for that particular course (towards the end of it).

Mark Barnes:
If there's no preview, it either means its a Vyrso book, or it's only available as part of a bundle.

A few of them were, in fact, available individually. I was surprised by this.

Posts 1188
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 10:40 AM

Mark Barnes:
I have 213 - mostly MobileEd courses that I don't own!

How does this work Mark? Are you able to watch all those courses? I am showing 83 "plans" It appears I own everything......I am just starting to explore this tool. 

Posts 1188
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 11:35 AM

Mike Tourangeau:

Mark Barnes:
I have 213 - mostly MobileEd courses that I don't own!

How does this work Mark? Are you able to watch all those courses? I am showing 83 "plans" It appears I own everything......I am just starting to explore this tool. 

Mark, please disregard my question. I should have read through the conversation first. 

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:15 PM

Will the new Courses Tool be made available on mobile platforms?

Posts 716
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 8:51 AM

Noel Bomar:
I would also like to have the ability to add my own titles to the Courses Tool

YesYes

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Jon Bolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 9:11 AM

SineNomine:
Is there a link I can click on to see all courses, including the ones not available to me in the Courses tool?

Hi, 

Damian's links will show you all the Mobile Ed Courses we have available for purchase.

If you are looking for a list of all of the Learning Plans that we developed for the Courses tool (including the ones made for Mobile Ed), there is no such list available. The only plans that are not showing up in your Courses Tool are plans that are highly dependent on a resource that you do not own. For instance, we made a plan on Lewis' Mere Christianity. That plan won't show up unless you own Mere Christianity

We do plan on releasing most, if not all, plans when we are able to give you the ability to filter out plans that include content you don't own. We decided to restrict the ones that were dependent on one resource if you don't own it because we didn't want people to open plan after plan only to find that they were missing all the content necessary for completing the plan.

So, in the near future, you'll be able to see all the plans we've developed. 

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Jon Bolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 9:16 AM

Noel Bomar:
I would also like to have the ability to add my own titles to the Courses Tool

We plan to add this functionality in the future.

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Jon Bolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 10:03 AM

James Milne Smith:

Will the new Courses Tool be made available on mobile platforms?

Eventually, yes. We don't have any firm timeline at the moment, though.

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 10:05 AM

Jon Bolin:

We plan to add this functionality in the future.

Did you see my question above related to the quizzes within the new courses tool?

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Jon Bolin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 10:20 AM

James Taylor:
Did you see my question above related to the quizzes within the new courses tool?

Yes, we are looking into it. Thanks!

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 10:22 AM

Thanks Jon just wanted to make sure it wasn't overlooked since it was on the previous page

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:51 PM

Damian McGrath:

Mark Barnes:

Did you try this Mark?

All I get is a list of "unavailable resource" links (see below)

The list is ordered by references and does not indicate whether they are required readings or suggested readings nor the number of times they are referenced.

Hey Damian,

Have you tried changing the note style from "Full" to "Quotes"? It usually will give me the title and cover image of the missing resource, even if it shows blank because I'm missing the license- case in point, The Son Rises: The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus (see screenshot).

💻MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Graphics | 1TB SSD💻
💾MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A4871)💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
⌨Logos 7 Extended Feature Set⌨
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 2992
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:55 PM

Jon Bolin:
We decided to restrict the ones that were dependent on one resource if you don't own it because we didn't want people to open plan after plan only to find that they were missing all the content necessary for completing the plan.

It's sadly still possible to have that experience with courses that require multiple resources, but I certainly appreciate the thought!

Jon Bolin:
If you are looking for a list of all of the Learning Plans that we developed for the Courses tool (including the ones made for Mobile Ed), there is no such list available.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Jon Bolin:
So, in the near future, you'll be able to see all the plans we've developed. 

Great!

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:57 PM

Andrew Zoll:
Have you tried changing the note style from "Full" to "Quotes"? It usually will give me the title and cover image of the missing resource, even if it shows blank because I'm missing the license

Andrew! Thanks for this tip! I knew of quotes view, but never realized this use of it (for the readings for Mobile Ed courses). This is an excellent way to achieve this as well as a way to catch up on readings all in one place. I feel so stupid that I hadn't thought of this. Props to you ;-)

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 8:18 PM

Andrew Zoll:
Have you tried changing the note style from "Full" to "Quotes"? It usually will give me the title and cover image of the missing resource, even if it shows blank because I'm missing the license

Andrew,

Thank you so much for that. It is even ordered in terms of number of quotes.

BUT, the note files that I have tested do not fully populate. I haven't arrived at a resource that i do not own.

Is it possible to re-order the "quotes" view so that it follows the same order as the other views.?

Page 4 of 6 (110 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS