Logos 7 is here!

Page 1 of 6 (101 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 100 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 109
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 21 2016 10:40 PM

Just got the news in my email. 

Posts 109
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:03 PM

My version shows Logos 7. Twenty three resources were updated. I have Logos Now, so I'm pretty sure not everyone will be seeing this same activity.

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:08 PM

Larry Heflin:
I have Logos Now, so I'm pretty sure not everyone will be seeing this same activity.

Correct; Logos Now (and Verbum Now) members get early access to Logos 7 as a benefit of their subscription.

Posts 115
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:20 PM

so being a logos now members... it's like getting the engine for free immediately instead of waiting like in logos 6?

I assume logos 7 base packages will be up this afternoon?

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:26 PM

Tony Walker:

so being a logos now members... it's like getting the engine for free immediately instead of waiting like in logos 6?

Not only "just" the engine, but all the latest Logos 7 features, described here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/129206.aspx 

Tony Walker:
I assume logos 7 base packages will be up this afternoon?

Yes, keep watching logos.com for updates.

Posts 1084
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:37 PM

Can you define "afternoon"? It's already afternoon where I'm at, hoping to see my options before I have to go to bed then on a trip...

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 88
T. L. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:38 PM

I'm excited about this latest release!  Now I just need to learn how to use it!

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:40 PM

Sean:

Can you define "afternoon"? It's already afternoon where I'm at, hoping to see my options before I have to go to bed then on a trip...

It is Sunday August 22, 11:39 PM in Bellingham. So Monday afternoon where Faithlife is located. Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:43 PM

T. L. Brown:

I'm excited about this latest release!  Now I just need to learn how to use it!

There are training videos for most if not all of the new content. Wait until the website comes back up. There should also be documentation in your library to assist.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:45 PM

See this link to help you get started. https://community.logos.com/forums/141.aspx 

Posts 1084
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:49 PM

Lynden Williams:

Sean:

It is Sunday August 22, 11:39 PM in Bellingham. So Monday afternoon where Faithlife is located. Smile

Yeah. But I'm really hoping they take super-early lunches and corporately define afternoon as "before 11 a.m." Wink

C'mon, guys! Get some Eastern hemisphere sales in before the 22nd ends!

Posts 26140
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:04 AM

Given that they are up answering forum posts, switching pages, etc. and that they will be on the phones at 5 a.m. and that they will be broadcasting 8-12 ... I think it is reasonable to assume that some will be very tired by "afternoon" ... to the point it is probably a very amorphous time.

Also note that if the phones are scheduled at 5 I'd assume a preview of why you'd want to phone will precede that.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2248
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:05 AM

Before 10 a.m. would be awesome, which would be before midnight for me :-)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:11 AM

MJ. Smith:
Also note that if the phones are scheduled at 5 I'd assume a preview of why you'd want to phone will precede that.

They open at 6:00 A.M. PT.

Posts 26140
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:13 AM

Jan Krohn:

Before 10 a.m. would be awesome, which would be before midnight for me :-)

Be the first to call in .. start your voice command "call logos sales" at 4:59:30 PDST ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1084
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:24 AM

The lack of any aesthetic improvements is a bit of a disappointment.

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:28 AM

Maybe I had high hopes for L7, but I feel L7 is not so much of an upgrade. I feel its just another day of LN release.

Why?

1. Interface still the same. No facelift. (I thought this would be the first noticeable upgrade)
  2. I was hoping more than these minor upgrades (sorry I know you guys worked hard). Nothing groundbreaking or magical. No major thing.
  3. No fireworks on first opening L7.

Idk, maybe things would look different in the next release of LN in October. Wilted Flower

For the meanwhile I'll wait for base-package announcement.

Posts 1805
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:36 AM

Sean:

We're targeting to have the website up around the beginning of the business day, but we want to make sure we've worked out all the issues before we pull the trigger. We'll get it up as soon as it's ready.

Posts 1084
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:37 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Sean:

We're targeting to have the website up around the beginning of the business day, but we want to make sure we've worked out all the issues before we pull the trigger. We'll get it up as soon as it's ready.

Good to hear. Try to get some sleep!

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:38 AM

mike:

Maybe I had high hopes for L7, but I feel L7 is not so much of an upgrade. I feel its just another day of LN release.

I was hoping to be surprised but I figured it wouldn't be anything too over the top. Nevertheless, eagerly waiting for my 433MB update (70% now) to be done and the indexing to begin, and then I can look around.

Page 1 of 6 (101 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS