Live Streaming with Proclaim?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1
NBBI Media | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 17 2017 6:08 AM

Trying to determine if Proclaim is the right tool for the job...We live stream services, and are wanting to have the ability to overlay whatever is in being projected onto the live stream. Using OBS Studio as streaming software. What would be the easiest way to do this? Is there a way  to cast the presentation directly to OBS? Or is there a browser based live viewer of the presentation that we can screen cap? 

Thanks

Posts 566
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2017 8:54 AM

So I'm not sure about OBS, but if it supports capturing  a desktop's output then you could use that to bring Proclaim into your live stream. If it supports chroma keys or Luma keys you can then key out colors from Proclaim. You can use transparent pngs in Proclaim as your backgrounds and then when you are OnAir you can tell proclaim to fill the transparent part with green or blue for keying purposes. 

This article shows some of this with dedicated hardware, but is possible with software. I have done this using Wirecast.

http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/208384323-Can-I-show-live-video-while-I-present-

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 1
Douglas Tervo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 5:41 AM

I know this is an older post but I found myself adding the same thing. Screen capture didn't work because I was using 2 different computers. What I found to be the solution was to add the ndi plugin to OBS (link below) and add the presentation as an ndi source. The streaming computer then grabbed this as an ndi source and overlayed it on the stream.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-ndi-newtek-ndi™-integration-into-obs-studio.528/

Posts 3
Luke Grimes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2018 10:19 AM

Hi Doug,

Does this option still work for you? Just trying to find a way to livestream my church's presentation without paying a bunch of money for a video switcher.

Thanks.

Posts 264
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2018 6:28 AM

Luke,

Are you trying to just live stream your presentation, or overlay video on a live feed as well?  The latter is a little more tricky, but basic live streaming is free and simple.  You won't need a video switcher.  OBS should be able to capture two feeds as well.

Posts 3
Luke Grimes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2018 7:00 AM

Hi Justin,

Thanks for replying, I would like to overlay the proclaim slides on the live feed. I think I’m going to give OBS a try as someone else mentioned that. I just need to get the right cables to hook up a camera. It’s too bad that a Mevo camera won’t work with OBS.

Posts 264
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2018 8:27 AM

So with OBS you can capture both the live feed and the presentation slides, and sort of live stream them together.  The video switcher is more so essential if you wanted to say overlay song lyrics from Proclaim over a live feed. 

Posts 566
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2018 9:14 AM

Justin Soety (Faithlife):
The video switcher is more so essential if you wanted to say overlay song lyrics from Proclaim over a live feed. 

You can still do this within OBS by using a Chroma key filter

Posts 1
Iain Cameron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 27 2018 4:40 PM

Is there any way that one could send hot keys to OBS from within Proclaim. I have been looking to find a way of doing this using the lighting midi feature but so far, i haven't been able to find a midi app (mac) that will let me run OBS in the background but still have it receive hotkey commands.

The goal being to add cue's to sections of the service that start / stop / transition OBS without the operator having to switch applications and manually change OBS during the service.

Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Posts 264
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 29 2018 11:31 AM

Hello Iain,

I don't know if that's possible unfortunately.  I tried to configure this http://charlie-roberts.com/midiStroke/ , and align with a hotkey in OBS, but it just didn't work for me. 

Posts 2
Vineeth Paul Tuluri | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2018 10:24 PM

Just the topic I was looking for.

We currently use VMix and Chroma keying the desktop capture of the Confidence monitor can be a hit and a miss. Is there a way to setup a third output with a transparent background for the Livestream to overlay over the video? Below are some examples of the types of things we would like to do. 

Posts 566
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2018 7:48 PM

Not currently, but that sounds cool! I'll bring this suggestion to the rest of the team.

Do you guys currently live stream? My church does our worship lower-thirds plus camera on the screens and the live stream. So that way we use the same slide setup for both. 

And then for service we use fullscreen slides in the sanctuary plus picture-in-picture online, again utilizing one slide layout.

Posts 2
Vineeth Paul Tuluri | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2018 11:01 AM

Yes we do. We overlay the lyrics (not lower thirds) on top of the video and as you mentioned picture-in-picture for the message.

Since we are a small church we don't display the video to the congregation hence the need for a third output with a transparent background for the livestream.

This maybe a separate topic, but since we are a multilingual church we display both the English and regional text of the song and that can be hard to position in the lower thirds

Posts 1
Courage Usie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:01 AM

Hello Paul,

I use Vmix too. How did you customise the scripture reference in the second video. Do you have a template. Thanks

Posts 890
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 6:11 AM

I'd love live streaming to come to proclaim... this would be particularly good for weddings etc where guests cannot travel.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 2
Tiffany Jeffers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2018 10:54 PM

Super old, but can you provide a tutorial on this? It looks epic!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS