Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 50 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 12:43 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
This follows the same behavior that opening a search panel does. The search panel opens with your last used settings.

Philana,

Because this is an entry level feature, its functions should behave with that assumption. On bible searches the default script should be All Passages and Entire Bible your Preferred Bible. This basic search will allow for more predictable interaction with the software. So, as it functions now it introduces confusion and as Randy notes increased probability of zero results.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 12:47 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Philana R. Crouch:

Beloved:

In bible searches default range is your last executed search. Default should be entire bible.

Beloved,

This follows the same behavior that opening a search panel does. The search panel opens with your last used settings.

I very strongly disagree with that behavior. It may take some reworking of the the app to allow it, but for the assistant (Zap ?) to produce a search which can never ever work or not work as expected is going to draw complaints. Esp if new users are using the assistant to learn, and it seems likely that this particular type of query this will be used most by new users. Please, reevaluate this.

See Also,

• My mention of the same 0 result, impossible search earlier in this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/148254/921296.aspx#921296
  • The feedback form (https://goo.gl/Y7m2qb)  where a similar problem is encountered with pronunciation: Asking for a pronunciation simply opens the Pronunciation Tool, nothing entered in the filter, Default language selected. Respectfully, this, like the searches, are a useless feature, asking for complaints. It should behave better or not be an option at all. IE. Allow, "Show pronunciation tool" but not "How do you pronounce xxx?".

Hi Randy,

That's a good point, I'll pass on your feedback to the team.

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 2:09 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Robert M. Warren:

Kevin A. Purcell:
The voice feature isn't working for me.

This is what I'm guessing:  The 7.10 beta isn't necessary to use FA, since I'm on 7.9 and have access to it (I'm in the beta, but can't get 7.10 yet). But I don't see a microphone icon, so apparently that requires 7.10.

You got it, Robert. The microphone/speech-to-text feature requires 7.10.

What if you have 7.10 and it still doesn't work. I see the mic and it acts like it's listening, but does nothing.

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 2:24 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
What if you have 7.10 and it still doesn't work

Hopefully, it will be fixed in Beta 2.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 19 2017 9:40 AM

Did the mic get disabled? I received my new microphone today, hooked it up, and now I notice the mic icon is gone with or without my mic hooked up. Cortana talks to me now, but not Zap (fka Faithlife Assistant).

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 19 2017 3:34 PM

Dave Hooton:
Hopefully, it will be fixed in Beta 2.

It does respond to voice in Beta 2, usually to state "I didn't understand".  Despite having done all the Speech Recognition training, the 'vocabulary' of Logos can be misunderstood e.g. 'open English Standard Version' was better understood than 'open ESV', and 'open SBLGNT' was interpreted as 'sbl GNT' and the GNT (Good New Translation) was opened.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:31 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Shouldn’t it have a name? Alexa, Siri. Good assistants need a good name. How about King Solomon? Or Zaphkiel? Rolls off the tongue. If you need wisdom or knowledge of any kind you can always turn to your faithful assistant King Solomon or Zaphkiel. Stick out tongue

Scholar.

It feels good my request from 2013 is finally beginning to be partially implemented.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/72501/504884.aspx#504884

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 3:56 AM

Nathan Parker:
Scholar.

Faith.

What would the Kingdom be without you!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 1:47 PM

Beloved:

In bible searches default range is your last executed search. Default should be entire bible.

Hi Beloved,

This should be imporved in 7.10 Beta 4. It should default to some basic settings.

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 6:29 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Beloved:

Hi Beloved,

This should be imporved in 7.10 Beta 4. It should default to some basic settings.

Thank you, Philana & co.

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 7:56 AM

Randy W. Sims:

Philana R. Crouch:

Beloved:

Hi Beloved,

Thank you, Philana & co.

Thanks to all!

Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS