March Madness

Page 2 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 72 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1518
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 6:34 PM

scooter:

It would be nice if FL showed us in advance which books of which contestants are involved in the sale.

The only problem is that if Faithlife did that, people would want them to do it every year, and to do it a week in advance of when they did it the previous year.  Wink

Posts 9496
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 6:39 PM

Robert M. Warren:

The contestants are champing at the bit. Here Dr. Piper demonstrates his technique for the two-hand set shot.

Who could argue with that forum? Big Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3027
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 28 2018 8:19 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
people would want them to do it every year, and to do it a week in advance of when they did it the previous year.  Wink

Funny.

Reminds me of a prof I once had who liked to say, "If we found out the world was coming to an end and everyone was going to hell, the college students would all want to leave a day early."

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 12:54 AM

https://www.logosmarchmadness.com/ Smile

Note both brackets: https://www.logosmarchmadness.com/mobile-ed 

err, but not quite working as of this post. After auth, it keeps tellng me: You already voted on this matchup.

Posts 11356
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 1:19 AM

Randy W. Sims:
err, but not quite working as of this post. After auth, it keeps tellng me: You already voted on this matchup.

same here. Maybe this needs a little support activity after the guys in Bellingham wake up to their March 1

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 11356
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 1:21 AM

abondservant:
it seems the same people win alot, giving us discounted access to the same titles alot.

the brackets are different this year - one playing commentary sets and another playing mobile Ed courses. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 629
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 1:33 AM

Randy W. Sims:

...not quite working as of this post. After auth, it keeps tellng me: You already voted on this matchup.

I'm getting the same message

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 1:52 AM

It's a nice way to do it, I think. The Mobile Ed/Commentary divisions I mean, not the voting glitch.

Incidentally, I have just spotted a typo in the Mobile Ed section - it says Futado instead of Futato.

Posts 487
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 1:53 AM

Yes.... getting the same result Crying

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 1:59 AM

James McAdams:
It's a nice way to do it, I think. The Mobile Ed/Commentary divisions I mean

Yes! Very grateful to FL for listening and giving us something different, and two brackets is awesome! Thank you, Bob, Phil, and FL!

Posts 1081
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 2:13 AM

Michael Childs:
However, over the years I have had many church members who sound a lot like folks on this board lately.  And they would threaten to go to Accord... I mean to the Baptist Church.  Soon they would get unhappy over there, and come back.  It was good to see them come and good to see them go.

Big Smile Big Smile

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 2:45 AM

Very surprised and disappointed to see That "The MacArthur New Testament Commentary" is not there, on this go round.

Extremely disappointed.

Posts 3988
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 3:09 AM

Randy W. Sims:

James McAdams:
It's a nice way to do it, I think. The Mobile Ed/Commentary divisions I mean

Yes! Very grateful to FL for listening and giving us something different, and two brackets is awesome! Thank you, Bob, Phil, and FL!

Yes

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 9496
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 3:17 AM

Great to see two different brackets this year. Should be fun.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1839
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 3:18 AM

James McAdams:
it says Futado instead of Futato

♫ They say Futado, you say Futato...♫

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 9496
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 3:25 AM

This is what I'm getting when I try to vote for the first time. Something is not working correctly.

Posts 9496
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 3:28 AM

I'm also getting the same result for the other bracket.

Posts 7746
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 3:41 AM

DAL:

One thing is for sure: There will be some complaining for glitches on the voting system and coupons not working 😁

What did I tell you! It’s already begun 😁

Posts 2792
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 4:53 AM

Randy W. Sims:

https://www.logosmarchmadness.com/ Smile

Note both brackets: https://www.logosmarchmadness.com/mobile-ed 

This year is a welcome change in offerings. Should be profitable and fun.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.1

Posts 629
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 5:11 AM

What are your MM2018 predictions?

My guess is that the Mobile Ed champion could well be Craig Evans. His 3 course series of book studies on the Synoptics (28 hours) have broad appeal, and will represent amazing value if it takes top place and gains the 70% discount previously applied to MM winners. (Does anyone know if Logos has confirmed what the discount will be on the winning product this year?) I think that David Instone-Brewer (Jesus as Rabbi: The Jewish Context of the Life of Jesus, 8 hours) could also do well, but the breadth of product appeal and potential savings of an Evans victory makes me think that he might take the crown.

When it comes to commentaries I strongly suspect that NICOT/NICNT will win, with Anchor Yale in second place.

What are you thoughts?

Page 2 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS