Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 10 2018 10:02 AM

I am an Audible subscriber and a Lynda Learning subscriber. Both of these services offer the ability to speed up the video or audio. I wish we could do that in our Mobile Ed courses. Listening at 1.5X speed saves time and it's pretty easy to get used to after a short while.

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 10:55 AM

馃憤馃徑馃憤馃徑

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 2:55 PM

I'm surprised this feature isn't present for Mobile Ed courses when it is already available for audio streams:

Posts 2298
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 3:17 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I am an Audible subscriber and a Lynda Learning subscriber. Both of these services offer the ability to speed up the video or audio. I wish we could do that in our Mobile Ed courses. Listening at 1.5X speed saves time and it's pretty easy to get used to after a short while.

This appears to be already available; correct me if I'm wrong.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 3:23 PM

Beloved:

Interesting! We can't do that when using the Courses tool but it works when accessing the Video resource directly.

EDIT: Not appearing in both on my Mac. Also missing "Actual size" and "Fit" options.

Posts 1379
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 3:26 PM

Beloved:

Kevin A. Purcell:

Yes, it definitely is... and has been for a long while.  When I first started going through ME courses, I must have accidentally changed the speed at least 50 times before I learned to keep the cursor away from that little sweet spot on the control panel while changing between pause and play.  Felt a little silly though when I finally realized that Faithlife had thoughtfully designed the layout so you could tap anywhere on the screen's video area to alternate between pause and play.  No need to go anywhere near that little sweet spot unless I wanted to.  Wink

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 3:32 PM

its not there on my Mac. at least not in CM151.

Posts 1379
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 3:37 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Sorry to hear that, Kevin.  I'm on a PC, but wouldn't have thought that would make a difference.  Hopefully Faithlife can comment.

Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 4:40 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Concur Logos 7.14 Beta 2 on OS X 10.13.3 lacks Mobile Ed video speed playback options.

Kevin A. Purcell:
I wish we could do that in our Mobile Ed courses. Listening at 1.5X speed saves time and it's pretty easy to get used to after a short while.

+1 Yes for OS X video playback speed options.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8854
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 5:05 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
Yes, it definitely is... and has been for a long while.  When I first started going through ME courses, I must have accidentally changed the speed at least 50 times before I learned to keep the cursor away from that little sweet spot on the control panel while changing between pause and play.  Felt a little silly though when I finally realized that Faithlife had thoughtfully designed the layout so you could tap anywhere on the screen's video area to alternate between pause and play.  No need to go anywhere near that little sweet spot unless I wanted to.  Wink

I didn't know that but now I do. The next time I will definitely use this.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 11:10 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
I'm on a PC, but wouldn't have thought that would make a difference.

I too thought that the days of nagging for feature parity were over! Can we have a response from FL?

Posts 2513
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 11:47 AM

Custom video playback speeds are currently not supported on macOS. We do have an open case to support more playback speeds, and I have added this thread to the case.

Posts 2
Terence Gillespie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2018 7:12 PM

+1 for Playback speed control on the Mac.

It's now standard on Youtube, Audible, Lynda.com, etc.

Posts 5
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 7:37 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Custom video playback speeds are currently not supported on macOS. We do have an open case to support more playback speeds, and I have added this thread to the case.

Any updates on adding video speed options on the Mac?

Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2019 11:52 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Kevin A. Purcell:

Concur Logos 7.14 Beta 2 on OS X 10.13.3 lacks Mobile Ed video speed playback options.

Logos 8.4 Beta 2 on macOS 10.14.3 still lacks Mobile Ed video speed playback options (so still dreaming of 1.5x and 2x speeds)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10
Defenders Media | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2019 6:33 AM

Step 1: You can use the Logos desktop app

Step 2: Access Mobile Ed class videos

Step 3: Add a bookmark

Step 4: In the Url field type the following code

javascript: var v = document.querySelector('video'); var t = prompt('Set the playback rate'); v.playbackRate = parseFloat(t)

Step 5: Title the bookmark Speed Up

Step 6: Play video

Step 7: Click on Speed up book mark

Step 8: type in the number 2 and press enter

Enjoy the video at 2 times speed. 

BTW: Apple....SMH.

Posts 949
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2019 9:37 AM

Also I would ask that speeds go up to 3x. I listen to a lot at that speed and it is quite comfortable. I studied all the original learn Hebrew and Greek videos that came on the disk at 3x speed. 

讙址旨诐志讞止砖侄讈讱职之 诇止纸讗志讬址讞职砖执讈知讬讱职 诪执肢诪侄旨芝讱指 讜职汁诇址讬职诇指讛 讻址旨讬旨郑讜止诐 讬指讗执謶讬专 讻址旨譂讞植砖值讈讬讻指謼讛 讻指旨讗讜止专指纸讛

Posts 10
Defenders Media | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2019 7:43 PM

Use the steps above and type in 3 after completing. 

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS