Format of Logos Emails

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 12 2018 3:29 PM

I'm not sure which forum to post this but I thought I'd give feedback to the Faithlife team that there is always a formatting problem with the Faithlife emails I receive and try to view them in Outlook. See below to note that the text extends past the image and wraps up one line. It's really not a big thing but it certainly is not how it was designed.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 953
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 3:43 PM

That's actually a feedburner RSS feed so it is really Google's fault Geeked

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 4:16 PM

David Carter:

Does that mean it can't be controlled by Faithlife?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 4:41 PM

Bruce Dunning:

David Carter:

Yeah that is how the Feedburner delivers it.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 5:53 PM

David Taylor Jr:

And you can't adjust things to make it fit correctly?

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 5:57 PM

Bruce Dunning:

David Taylor Jr:

And you can't adjust things to make it fit correctly?

Not to my knowledge. FWIW it always displays correctly for me in Gmail (which makes sense since it is Google). The most you can do is activate compatibility with the most RSS readers. See screenshot.

How to upload logs

Posts 953
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:07 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Only if Faithlife were to make a change to their HTML on the web page.

The problem with your example is there is no paragraph "<p>" before the "As you begin working with Logos 8......" which is why the text starts next to the image instead of below it.

Basically, the RSS feed reads what's on the page, it doesn't change anything. If there isn't an instruction to start a new paragraph, then it won't start one

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:12 PM

David Carter:

Bruce Dunning:

The problem with your example is there is no paragraph "<p>" before the "As you begin working with Logos 8......" which is why the text starts next to the image instead of below it.

Basically, the RSS feed reads what's on the page, it doesn't change anything. If there isn't an instruction to start a new paragraph, then it won't start one

That is true as well.  

How to upload logs

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:14 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Not to my knowledge. FWIW it always displays correctly for me in Gmail (which makes sense since it is Google). The most you can do is activate compatibility with the most RSS readers. See screenshot.

I have no idea how to manage this? I checked outlook and it didn't even say I had any RSS feeds. Perhaps I'll just live with the weird formatting.

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:16 PM

David Carter:

Bruce Dunning:

So are you saying that Faithlife can control this on their webpage by simply formatting it differently and adding a <p> at the beginng?

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:19 PM

Bruce Dunning:

David Carter:

Bruce Dunning:

So are you saying that Faithlife can control this on their webpage by simply formatting it differently and adding a <p> at the beginng?

In theory, yes.

How to upload logs

Posts 953
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:34 PM

Bruce Dunning:
I have no idea how to manage this? I checked outlook and it didn't even say I had any RSS feeds. Perhaps I'll just live with the weird formatting.

Yeah, that's actually a screen cap from David's Feedburner account. I can understand you being confused Yes

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 7:09 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Bruce Dunning:

David Carter:

Bruce Dunning:

In theory, yes.

Well that sounds promising. I'm hoping a Faithlife employee will see this thread.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS