The future of Logos: is it fast?

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25105
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2019 6:20 PM

Sean:
I'm 99.5% sure software does not run on the Nvidia unless it's a program recognized by the card's driver. Everything else defaults to the Intel chip. I know of no way to force Logos to use the extra graphics card. I've tried before,

Go to Windows Control Panel > NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings and click the Program Settings tab:- 

1. Add Logos Bible Software
  2. Select the Graphics Processor  ---> High-performance NVIDIA
  3. Fiddle with the Settings, but only if you know what they mean!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25105
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2019 6:43 PM

Sean:
I changed my settings, for the first time ever, to open to the last used layout.

Most recent layout - local will improve the startup of Logos.

Sean:
After clicking on the home screen button, it took about 25 seconds for the home screen to open, then about 10 more for anything to display on it. Over half a minute for the home screen to load!

In the GO/Command box type Set Use Ngen to Yes then restart Logos. If it wasn't set, then the next restart should be faster.

Sean:
No, I don't have an SSD, but nothing else on my computer takes anywhere near this long to work.

Logos needs an SSD to avoid the frustration of heavy (hard) disk usage when some background task(s) is underway, and to reduce Indexing time. It doesn't pay to compare it with other programs.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1120
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2019 6:43 PM

Dave Hooton:

Go to Windows Control Panel > NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings and click the Program Settings tab:- 

1. Add Logos Bible Software
  2. Select the Graphics Processor  ---> High-performance NVIDIA
  3. Fiddle with the Settings, but only if you know what they mean!

THANK YOU! That seems to have worked after restarting the program. Now to see what sort of gains I get, but any will be appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS