Page 3 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 67 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 1 2020 9:51 PM

MJ. Smith:

I do hope you get your dark mode - I am not a fan of it at all - I swear it is harder on my eyes than the normal mode. But I would really like it to be done so we can change the subject. Keep up the good work pushing your favorite feature.

Big SmileBig Smile

kind of a mashup of buzzkill and backhanded compliment...

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2033
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2020 5:08 AM

There are many waiting for dark mode.  It will be pathetic if L9 does not have dark mode.

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2020 7:00 AM

MJ. Smith:
I do hope you get your dark mode - I am not a fan of it at all - I swear it is harder on my eyes than the normal mode.

It is. Most of the actual evidence available points that way. Unless you're reading in a darkened room. Evidence also seems to indicate a greater accuracy rate reading for dark text on light background (positive display polarity). Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge fan of Dark Mode (negative display polarity). My PC, Android phone, and iPad all are set to Dark Mode. But not for reading. I love Dark UI because it gets out of my way and lets me focus on the content. Most content I prefer light mode with a reduced contrast (my design focus when I rethemed this forum). 

On the other hand, I'm a huge fan of user choice and believe that ultimately it should be up to the user. I just pray we see independent settings for UI, tool windows, and content windows. And a wider variety of color choices for content beyond white, light grey, even lighter gray, more lighter gray, extreme lighter gray. My favorite right now is the light green on Kindle. I thought the color was absurd until I started using it. After 20 mins reading it disappears and makes a great reading experience, for my eyes. Your eyes may vary.

Posts 1758
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2020 7:46 AM

Randy W. Sims:
I'm a huge fan of Dark Mode (negative display polarity). My PC, Android phone, and iPad all are set to Dark Mode. But not for reading.

Me too...I want the menus and peripheral elements of an app to be dark, so they fade to the background. But the reading area I want to be light. Some apps (like Apple's Notes, email, etc) are this way. Others, it's either all dark or all light. 

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2020 7:36 PM

Randy W. Sims:
My favorite right now is the light green on Kindle

i can dig it. this captured my attention and imagination.  I've looooong wanted a pallet of wonderful tones and hues, both for beauty's sake and for more distinction and differentiations.  

There used to be a software called Pradis that allowed you to change colors.  Perhaps some were a little garish, but I liked having the options.

Posts 18401
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2020 10:12 PM

Randy W. Sims:
On the other hand, I'm a huge fan of user choice and believe that ultimately it should be up to the user. I just pray we see independent settings for UI, tool windows, and content windows. And a wider variety of color choices for content beyond white, light grey, even lighter gray, more lighter gray, extreme lighter gray.

+1 Yes fan of color choices (like idea of UI, tool, & content having independent color choices).

Started theme suggestion thread on 28 Jan 2014 => User Voice Suggestion ? Add Themes to personalize colors/colours ? whose UserVoice votes have been merged into => Night Mode for PC/Mac (now has 1,971 votes for an increase of 929 votes since 3 Dec 2019).

Randy W. Sims:
My favorite right now is the light green on Kindle.

Kindle Reader on macOS has three choices (White, Black, Sepia) so personally use Sepia (Brown text on yellow background).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 3 2020 11:02 AM

Randy W. Sims:
...I'm a huge fan of user choice and believe that ultimately it should be up to the user...

Exactly. I would love to be able to set colors for everything. Also, I wold like the option for a gradient color picker, not just one shade of pink, green, or blue. This doesn't force anyone to use an option they don't want. It just allows those who want more variety in color to have it.

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 3 2020 11:08 AM

Friedrich:

I've looooong wanted a pallet of wonderful tones and hues, both for beauty's sake and for more distinction and differentiations.  

Me too.

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 3 2020 12:38 PM

Lee Gordon:

Friedrich:

I've looooong wanted a pallet of wonderful tones and hues, both for beauty's sake and for more distinction and differentiations.  

Me too.

have you ever thought of marketing for Burger King?

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 3 2020 12:45 PM

Friedrich:

Lee Gordon:

Friedrich:

Me too.

I was going to play along, but am uncertain about the reference. Do you want to build this from the ground up?

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 3 2020 1:09 PM

Lee Gordon:

Friedrich:

Lee Gordon:

Friedrich:

Me too.

I was going to play along, but am uncertain about the reference. Do you want to build this from the ground up?

...sorry...random thought that your profile avatar kind of resembled the BK guy.  

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 3 2020 1:11 PM

Friedrich:

Lee Gordon:

Friedrich:

Lee Gordon:

Friedrich:

Me too.

...sorry...random thought that your profile avatar kind of resembled the BK guy.  

Hahaha. That's actually the head to my G.I. Joe, from child-hood. Sad thing is, if I posted my actual picture, it would vary only slightly.

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 3 2020 8:59 PM

Lee Gordon:

Friedrich:

Lee Gordon:

Friedrich:

Lee Gordon:

Friedrich:

Me too.

Hahaha. That's actually the head to my G.I. Joe, from child-hood. Sad thing is, if I posted my actual picture, it would vary only slightly.

lol!!! You made my night. 😃

Posts 18401
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2020 11:16 PM

Dark Mode # 1 voting continues to increase in the Top 3 Logos 8 UserVoice suggestions:

2,001 Votes (+45) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+959 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,181 Votes (+5) => Import/Export notes to/from Evernote. (+25 since 3 Dec 2019)

973 Votes (-2) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+109 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,001 votes represents a minimum of 667 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 717 users voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18401
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2020 8:49 AM

Dark Mode # 1 voting continues to increase in the Top 3 Logos 8 UserVoice suggestions:

2,048 Votes (+47) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,006 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,187 Votes (+6) => Import/Export notes to/from Evernote. (+31 since 3 Dec 2019)

980 Votes (+7) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+116 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,048 votes represents a minimum of 683 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 737 users are voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18401
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2020 7:36 PM

2,103 Votes (+55) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,061 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,189 Votes (+2) => Import/Export notes to/from Evernote. (+33 since 3 Dec 2019)

980 Votes (+1) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+117 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,103 votes represents a minimum of 701 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 757 users are voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 26
Bobby Bosler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2020 8:48 AM

Is anyone else kind of embarrassed by the fact that this is not a thing yet? Like, I know FL only has a limited number of resources and is probably working hard on Logo 9 features, but in my opinion this should NOT be a Logo 9 exclusive feature—but I have a feeling not only will we indeed have to wait that long, but we will have to pay for it.

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2020 9:01 AM

Bobby Bosler:

Is anyone else kind of embarrassed by the fact that this is not a thing yet? Like, I know FL only has a limited number of resources and is probably working hard on Logo 9 features, but in my opinion this should NOT be a Logo 9 exclusive feature—but I have a feeling not only will we indeed have to wait that long, but we will have to pay for it.

It's mainly just disappointment and frustration for me. I also find it hard to believe on such a deep program like this, there is such little control over the color of the windows. You basically get system color, white, gray, light gray, or paper. We should be able to have gradient-level control over all aspects of the display colors. This isn't just a matter of personal preference, either. It helps you distinguish between content types.

Posts 29136
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2020 2:24 PM

Bobby Bosler:
Is anyone else kind of embarrassed by the fact that this is not a thing yet?

No, because I believe Faithlife is responsible for their choices which are made using many facts I don't know. There are bugs and unfinished features that are more important to me than dark mode - but the great thing about FL is that you can push for what matters the most to you, I can push for what matters the most to me, and the "blame" for the "wrong" decision will always fall on FaithlifeWink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2020 3:01 PM

MJ. Smith:

Bobby Bosler:
Is anyone else kind of embarrassed by the fact that this is not a thing yet?

No, because I believe Faithlife is responsible for their choices which are made using many facts I don't know. There are bugs and unfinished features that are more important to me than dark mode - but the great thing about FL is that you can push for what matters the most to you, I can push for what matters the most to me, and the "blame" for the "wrong" decision will always fall on FaithlifeWink

At my last job before retirement, I had the opportunity to work with management, at a hospital. It wasn't at all what I expected. They invested a lot of effort interviewing patients, to find out what they liked, what they didn't like, and how we can improve for them. This, in turn, drives patient satisfaction. Patient satisfaction directly affected how much reimbursement money we got from medicaid. I came to realize that quality companies actually want user feedback. By contrast, companies like Microsoft, who assume they know what's best for their users, and ignore consumer feedback, end up being dumped for open-source products that listen. 

As I understand it, Dark Mode is doing well in voting, which shows it's a feature many users want. There may be things we don't understand. If that's the case, and it affects what people want, then it should be explained. I find it hard to believe providing the option to choose what color your panes are, constitutes some complex problem that Faithlife wouldn't be able to deal with for years on end.

Page 3 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS