Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 15 of 16 (320 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next >
This post has 319 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 3440
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 6:50 AM

Thanks, Randy!

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 10534
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 7:25 AM

Ok, I'll apologize right off. But FL isn't stupid. Last major update, and the one before that too, the 'users' (aka customers) were loudly insisting on fix-it and responsiveness. FL delivered 2,000 (exaggerated) new incomplete or promised features, and the users were so thrilled. "Oh, wow ... priotitizing is still bad ... this is great!!" "We love this 3 sec's faster opening!!"

The butter is always on the 'new' side of the bread.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 30
Dave Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 7:50 AM

I have been monitoring this thread for a couple of weeks now and I too echo some of the wishes for improvements in the Logos maps and Atlas tool, however my biggest wish for Logos 9 is for more polishing of Notes. Of all the tools in Logos, Notes is the one that I use and value the most. I thought the new Notes engine in Logos 8 was a significant upgrade but my biggest complaint is around the overall performance. When I create a new note I often find myself having to wait up to 10 seconds before I can begin typing. During this time Logos is unresponsive (indexing?) and if I just start blindly typing sometimes Logos catches up and sometimes what I have typed never materializes. When I am studying and have a thought I want to capture I don't want to wait. I want to capture the thought and quickly move on. If Logos 9 delivered nothing more than that I would consider it to be worth the upgrade.

Posts 634
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 8:06 AM

I can second that.  I have my print Bible on my desk, and a lot of times I get tired of waiting for Logos to move that I just start doing my Bible reading in that.  I have an SSD coming, but this happens way too often and it shouldn't.  I have plenty of RAM, though I have more coming there too.

Posts 779
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 10:38 AM

Batman:

Phil Gons 

Last year I was extremely frustrated once again with Logos because I was able to find the verse in a fraction of a second doing a Google search for the verse where Jesus says to "deny yourself", while in Logos, it never showed up. Well, it turns out it is actually "deny themselves" (or, vice versa). I added more than just "deny yourself" of course, but, the point is, Fuzzy search did not work for me. :( 

<snip />

That definitely seems like a fuzzy search failure: i'll pass that along to see if we can remedy it (seems likely). 

However, note we sometimes offer an alternative search (as in this case): so a better set of results is one click away. That doesn't change my desire to have better results for the original query, though. 

Posts 11
Mark Galer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2020 9:43 AM

As you scroll with your mouse down the Bible verses, have the current verse highlighted to make it easier to read. I came from WordSEARCH 10 and they have this built into their system, and I sure miss it.

Posts 362
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2020 3:15 PM

Thanks Sean.

Sean Boisen:

Batman:

Phil Gons 

Last year I was extremely frustrated once again with Logos because I was able to find the verse in a fraction of a second doing a Google search for the verse where Jesus says to "deny yourself", while in Logos, it never showed up. Well, it turns out it is actually "deny themselves" (or, vice versa). I added more than just "deny yourself" of course, but, the point is, Fuzzy search did not work for me. :( 

<snip />

That definitely seems like a fuzzy search failure: i'll pass that along to see if we can remedy it (seems likely). 

However, note we sometimes offer an alternative search (as in this case): so a better set of results is one click away. That doesn't change my desire to have better results for the original query, though. 

Posts 634
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2020 7:30 PM

When I paste Hebrew and Syriac lexical information in my notes, the text is tiny.  The English is normal.  It is very tedious to highlight each occurrence and then enlarge the text.  I need a 20 pt for Hebrew and even larger for the Syriac.  If I just highlight it all, the English is huge and the note becomes very long.

I think this is a flaw and should take priority over a new feature.

Just saying.

Thank you

Posts 634
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2020 7:25 PM

When prioritizing resources, I right click.  It asks if I want to prioritize the book or the entire series.  If I click on just that one book, nothing happens.  If I drag the book to the priority column, it does the whole series.  I know there is a key stroke move that does that, but I forgot what it was and tried several things that didn't work.

The point is the process should be simple and intuitive.  Either when I drag a resource, it then asks if I want to include the whole series, or when I right click on the resource first, then let whatever I choose be what happens when I drag the resource.

You need to make the program to be less reliant on all these video courses.  

Thank you

Posts 2
Phil | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2020 2:03 PM

New windows for reading content always seem to open on the right... Add an option to toggle this between right and left, as I always have to manually move the content from the right half of the screen to the left half of the screen, which seems like a waste of time if I am doing that every time I open a resource...

Posts 6736
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2020 2:27 PM

Denise:

Ok, I'll apologize right off. But FL isn't stupid. Last major update, and the one before that too, the 'users' (aka customers) were loudly insisting on fix-it and responsiveness. FL delivered 2,000 (exaggerated) new incomplete or promised features, and the users were so thrilled. "Oh, wow ... priotitizing is still bad ... this is great!!" "We love this 3 sec's faster opening!!"

The butter is always on the 'new' side of the bread.

😂😂😂 Gotta love your straight forward way of saying things! No apologies needed 👍😁👌

Posts 2144
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2020 2:34 PM

Phil:

New windows for reading content always seem to open on the right... Add an option to toggle this between right and left, as I always have to manually move the content from the right half of the screen to the left half of the screen, which seems like a waste of time if I am doing that every time I open a resource...

Yes

Posts 6736
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2020 2:35 PM

Phil:

If you click on the window that is opened before opening another resource, it will open the other resource to the opposite side.  Example: My preferred Bible or any book will initially open to the right, the next one will open to the left.  If I want another resource to open to the left instead of to the right, I just click anywhere on the resource to the right so when I open another resource it will open to the left.  Same if I want a resource to open to the right — click on the resource to the left before opening another book and it will open it to the right.  Does that make sense? It works for me.

Posts 27938
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2020 4:08 PM

10 more volumes of Greek Migne; 10 volumes of Latin Migne; support for liturgical prayer such as:

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3941
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2020 6:31 PM

How do you draw in the next generation of users?

One thing that I think would make a difference is making sure you have the books in Logos that are being used.

You have a lot of seminaries that you work with. Many keep a master list of syllabi in the library. Keep your thumb on the pulse of the books and authors that are being recommended to them.

IF you are working with a seminary (I noticed you're doing more with my own, which I appreciate) and a student has the academic discount (then you know what seminary they are with) show them books by class. Eg prs 6201 and have ALL the books for that class purchasable as a group.

Secondly there are only a couple of software platforms (moodle for instance) that schools use for online classes. you already have web browser elements built in as I recall, just give it a make over and allow it people to use it to log in to peoples classes, and bring up value added elements within logos. For instance if Class 1, has books 1-4, have a link that brings up each text book,in another panel link other books recommended by different important people across the church. EG you're in a preaching class? Spurgeon recommended books X, Y, and Z. You have these 2 in your library already (here are links to open them) and the third one is available from the store for whatever price, click here to see it. Oh you you're studying this topic? here is an interactive that is topically applicable. Plus whatever else your wonderful brains cook up thats related. I think you see what I'm envisioning.

Thirdly  integrate the theological tags project platform wide. its stalled out. We've exceeded the complexity limit for several of the rules, and there are hundreds perhaps thousands of books left to include.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 3941
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2020 6:39 PM

MJ. Smith:

Ask for user input files to:

• add predefined reading plans that are making the rounds (user provides reading plan; FL converts to predefined) - examples
    • chronological reading plans
    • Orthodox Advent readings (fixed dates - perhaps better as a Reading cycle)
    • Heidelberg Catechism - one year reading plan for which it was designed
    • Summa Theologia in a bit over two years
    • Book of Concord - various lengths
  • add additional workflows supplied by users and edited by FL

You could either offer a small credit OR simply rely on the generosity of the Christian community.

I would like to see Robert Murray Mcheyne's reading plan. twice through the new testament, and once through the old in a year, four passages a day.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 3440
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2020 6:43 PM

abondservant:
integrate the theological tags project platform wide. its stalled out. We've exceeded the complexity limit for several of the rules, and there are hundreds perhaps thousands of books left to include.

Yes, please. I’d like to get rid of the many complex collections that slow things down and mostly rely on tags where possible.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 27938
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2020 7:00 PM

abondservant:
Thirdly  integrate the theological tags project platform wide. its stalled out. We've exceeded the complexity limit for several of the rules, and there are hundreds perhaps thousands of books left to include.

IIRC we've already been told they've started on this project ... whether it is a one year or five year project, I don't know.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3941
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2020 7:14 PM

MJ. Smith:

abondservant:

IIRC we've already been told they've started on this project ... whether it is a one year or five year project, I don't know.

like the personal book store, and syncing personal books between devices :P

Posts 2144
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 9 2020 3:13 PM

Show one icon as a speaker label and then expand it with mouseover.  Here is why:

1. If one speaker, then reveal the speaker on mousover.

2. If more than one speaker then special icon to indicate multiple speakers.

a. Mousover reveals all the speakers.

b. Click on quicktip to enable ability to mouseover all the speakers and identify them

Page 15 of 16 (320 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > | RSS