Dead Sea Scrolls Internet Links Index

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1390
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 12 2013 9:18 AM

Recently most of the Dead Sea Scrolls have been published online in high resolution photographs at http://dss.collections.imj.org.il/ and http://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/. I have created a resource to integrate all of these images into Logos, so that you can read along with the original images.

An explanation and demo video of the resource is available here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3lU0ZJ4n1M

Note that when you import it into Logos there will be some warnings and errors, but those can be safely ignored.

Enjoy!

8182.Dead Sea Scroll Links v1.43.docx

Posts 8559
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 9:34 AM

Woo hoo!!! Great work Fr Devin.  More like these is really going to make Logos world-class!

Posts 570
Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:50 PM

This is exactly what I needed!

Thank you for all your work.

The file compiled fine, only 2 errors.

The video is very informative, well done!

Hans

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 570
Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 12:05 PM

Hello Logos folks!!

Give this brother a big hug for his work!

Posts 1390
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:24 AM

DMB and HansK - Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad it is helpful.

HansK:

Hello Logos folks!!

Give this brother a big hug for his work!

Looking at strange almost indecipherable letters, even in high definition, probably isn't something for too many people, and that, I guess, is not necessarily a bad thing. CoolGeekedBeer

Posts 8559
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:50 AM

I like the strange indecipherable letters, especially chatting with others that get a bit too wound up with the more modern variety, and begin to think the whole Biblical account is infused with a major dose of imagination.

People zoom along in Isaiah, and don't think hard about the slowness of writing those simple letters or copying more ancient ones for continued use. 'Driven'.

Again thank you, Fr Devin.

Posts 1149
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 7:59 AM

Thanks!! Very Cool! Yes

I appreciate your hard work. Will be importing it later today when I get back home.  Big Smile

Posts 8559
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:18 AM

Being a bit obnoxiously excited on this, but the DOCX links to your DSS Scrolls in Logos (of course ... thank you Fr Deven!).

You just click on the link to literally view the fragments, as you're studying.

Just unbelievable.

Posts 880
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:34 PM

Thank you very much!

Logos should make this an official resource.

Posts 8809
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 10:50 AM

Thank you.

I added the web links to the Web Resources Reading List, since they seemed to be missing there.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:11 AM

Thank you so very kindly!            Am looking forward to using this frequently in the future  ....   when things slow down a bit in my life ..        Am very grateful!           *smile*

Peace to all!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1570
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:34 PM

Thank you, Devin. Useful,

Posts 570
Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 14 2013 2:53 PM

Just to make known this wonderful resource.

Big Smile

Posts 1342
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 14 2013 7:19 PM

Thanks, Devin. I missed this the first time around. Your work is appreciated.

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Posts 1390
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 7:31 AM

For those who haven't seen this yet, the Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library has been significantly upgraded, adding about 10,000 more images. Here are the details: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/04/israel-dead-sea-scrolls-digital-archive.

As far as I can tell, the Index continues to work, and in fact works better than before. While before there were numerous links that opened up a webpage that was awaiting future uploads of images, now it seems that most (or maybe all?) of those pages now have images.

I'm not sure if there are completely new pages that are not yet included in the Index... I'll have to try to find a time to look over it a little in the next month or so. If anyone finds any please let me know.

Posts 1149
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 7:37 AM

A broken link if you are creating a list of corrections. Smile

3Q15
Qumran Sectarian Manuscripts, Biblical DB / Dead Sea Scrolls SE
3Q15 (3Q Copper Scroll)  >>Page Not Found>> http://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/explore-the-archive/manuscript/3Q-15-1

Posts 1390
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 8:52 AM

Thanks, Anthony. Good catch. I have fixed it. Here is v1.42 (unfortunately I can't edit the original post - anyone from Faithlife who can give me that permission?).

1385.Dead Sea Scroll Links v1.42.docx

Posts 1149
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:05 AM

Fr Devin Roza:

Thanks, Anthony. Good catch. I have fixed it. Here is v1.42 (unfortunately I can't edit the original post - anyone from Faithlife who can give me that permission?).

1385.Dead Sea Scroll Links v1.42.docx

Whoa! That was quick. Thanks Smile

Posts 110
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 6:09 PM

Thank you so much for this wonderful work. My class has the Biblical Languages Package, including the DSS transcriptions and translations so I shall have them compile this personal book to give an extra dimension to their studies,

Tim Finlay.

Posts 1390
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 7:46 AM

Tim Finlay:

Thank you so much for this wonderful work. My class has the Biblical Languages Package, including the DSS transcriptions and translations so I shall have them compile this personal book to give an extra dimension to their studies,

Tim Finlay.

Glad to hear it could be of use!

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.