Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 26 of 28 (560 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next >
This post has 559 Replies | 33 Followers

Posts 101
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2020 9:12 AM

Another request that I've made in the past is to add diacritical marks or pronounciation marks as a visual filter in Bibles. It would be very helpful the next time I'm reading Is 8 and come across Mahershalalhashbaz. 

Posts 7066
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2020 4:08 AM

Please include the entire 5 volume set of Encyclopedia of Christianity in Silver or Gold Standard.  I’ve upgraded to Portfolio and I’m also considering another Portfolio Base Package upgrade and neither one has the complete set.  I’m only missing volumes 4 and 5, but I don’t really want to purchase them separately or in another base package that I don’t really need.  Here’s the link to the resource: https://www.logos.com/product/8809/the-encyclopedia-of-christianity-vols-1-5 

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 209
Steven Yu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2020 5:12 AM

I think my highest wishlist item for Logos at the moment will be the availability of ISBN, this will allow us to integrate our collection with our physical books.

If Logos can even integrate with LibraryThing or GoodRead, that will be the best!

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free", John 8:32.
"你們必定認識真理,真理必定使你們自由", 約翰福音 8:3.

Posts 1282
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2020 8:52 PM

If the regular cycle continues when would L9 be released?

Posts 1730
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 10 2020 3:52 AM

Mike Tourangeau:

If the regular cycle continues when would L9 be released?

This Fall sometime. Here are the release dates since Logos 4:

Logos 4.0 SR-3 -- Tue, Nov 3 2009

Logos 5.0 SR-2 -- Thursday, November 1, 2012

Logos 6.0 -- Monday, October 27, 2014

Logos 7.0 -- Monday, August 22, 2016

Logos 8.0 -- Monday, October 29, 2018

Note that Logos 7 was an early bird--the rest are in the late October-early November range. There are no guarantees, however.  

Posts 530
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2020 2:23 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
What new features should we add?

I not sure if these ideas have been mentioned yet, but I would like to see:

1. a simple web browser added, similar to what Logos did with WikiPedia, and like another Bible software has. I find myself needing to add pieces of blog posts, etc. to a Clippings Document, or would like to go to a favorite website routinely within the software as I prepare a Bible study. etc.

2. Take Sermons out of Docs and give it its own home. I would like to see more management control of my sermon docs, such as organizing by when delivered, location, etc. I also would like to generate simple reports like frequent verse citations and topics used within the sermons, etc. All of this metadata is already there, as there are places for it...you just can't easily see this data represented in summary format--certainly not when Sermons are mixed up with Canvases, Word Find puzzles, etc.

Thanks!

Posts 371
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 1:21 AM

David P. Moore:

1. a simple web browser added, similar to what Logos did with WikiPedia, and like another Bible software has. I find myself needing to add pieces of blog posts, etc. to a Clippings Document, or would like to go to a favorite website routinely within the software as I prepare a Bible study. etc.

2. Take Sermons out of Docs and give it its own home. I would like to see more management control of my sermon docs, such as organizing by when delivered, location, etc. I also would like to generate simple reports like frequent verse citations and topics used within the sermons, etc. All of this metadata is already there, as there are places for it...you just can't easily see this data represented in summary format--certainly not when Sermons are mixed up with Canvases, Word Find puzzles, etc.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Yes Yes Yes Yes Smile Smile Yes Yes Smile Smile
Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Yes Smile
Smile Smile Yes Smile Yes Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Yes Yes Yes Smile Smile Smile Yes Yes Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile
Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Yes Smile
Smile Smile Smile Yes Smile Smile Smile Yes Yes Yes Yes Smile Smile Yes Yes Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Posts 28729
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 1:31 AM

David P. Moore:
certainly not when Sermons are mixed up with Canvases, Word Find puzzles, etc.

That is why you filter or sort. I'm not keen on moving beyond search-documents-guides-tools-library ... remembering where to look for something become too much of an issue.  But you are certainly right to suggest it - others will not have my response.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 411
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 6:08 AM

Hello Phil and the whole logos family.  I did like the update you did where you can link a book to a search.  But may I request another update to that, it would be nice if you could link the information panel to a search.  That way you do not have to go thru the trouble of linking every book to the search.

Thanks

Posts 18261
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 7:50 AM

David P. Moore:

Google's gmail allows labeling of emails to appear in their own "folder" (logical grouping that can be searched - essentially using label as part of search filtering).

Personal Book option for sermons includes when delivered, location => https://wiki.logos.com/Sermon_and_Illustration_Support (collection of Sermon personal books can be searched, bibliography, ...)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 101
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 9:38 AM

I think a web clipper like Evernote has would be better than having a browser in the software. The web clipper could send a blog article to a clipping or a note document.

Posts 2
Pastor Corey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 10:56 PM

I am enjoying Logos 8, and have enjoyed using Logos for almost 15 years.  Something that would be great is to have a way for Sermon Editor and Notes to integrated with Microsoft OneNote.  I do a lot of prep work for my sermons in OneNote over the built in Sermon Editor, but it would be nice to have some form of integration. 

Posts 275
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 11:16 PM

Donnie Vick:
The web clipper could send a blog article to a clipping or a note document.

While I would also want a OneNote version this functionality would be huge. There are tons of great articles on the Internet I would like an easy way (such as a Logos browser Extension) that would allow me to easily add the article to my library in a way that would then become searchable. Currently I save them in OneNote but I would much rather have them in Logos where I could find them with relevant searches of my resources without needing to do a lot of manual copy/paste.

Posts 28
Jason Harris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2020 8:44 AM

I would love to see NICOT/NT included in the Gold or Platinum package. That would be decisive for me in deciding to upgrade.

Gold: Logos 8 | Bronze: Baptist, Reformed, Ordinariate | Starter: Messianic Jewish | Academic: Essentials

Posts 87
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2020 9:38 AM

Jason Harris:

I would love to see NICOT/NT included in the Gold or Platinum package. That would be decisive for me in deciding to upgrade.

Yep. Something tells me that as long as people keep shelling out for EBC, NICOT, and WBC, they'll keep them as stand-alones. Also, some of these titles are offered for a fraction of the cost on another Bible program. NICOT is now going for $139.99, NICNT is going for $129.99 ($269.98 total), vs. $1899.99 on Logos. And the format they're offered on allows searching the content, and is synced with Scripture.

Faithlife has started to offer books in two formats, with one that is less heavily tagged, at a lower price. I wonder if they could do something like that with the commentaries, so they could be more competitive with other programs. 

Posts 7066
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2020 10:00 AM

Jason Harris:

NICOT/NT is included in Collector’s BP.  I bought it on sale almost 2 years ago as it was cheaper for me then.  It had never been included in a base package before, but too bad they put it in one of the higher ones.  Great series! 

DAL

Posts 203
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2020 10:06 AM

Donnie Vick:
I think a web clipper like Evernote has would be better than having a browser in the software. The web clipper could send a blog article to a clipping or a note document.

That would be fantastic... presently I have to copy and paste manually.

Posts 2200
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2020 8:20 AM

Make it possible to add tags to multiple resources within a Collection.

For example:
1. I create or already have a complex collection
2. I want to select all or some resources in the collection to tag
3. Let me open the information panel of some other way to add a tag to selected resources

Posts 544
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2020 10:35 AM

Lee Gordon:
Yep. Something tells me that as long as people keep shelling out for EBC, NICOT, and WBC, they'll keep them as stand-alones. Also, some of these titles are offered for a fraction of the cost on another Bible program. NICOT is now going for $139.99, NICNT is going for $129.99 ($269.98 total), vs. $1899.99 on Logos. And the format they're offered on allows searching the content, and is synced with Scripture.

Faithlife has started to offer books in two formats, with one that is less heavily tagged, at a lower price. I wonder if they could do something like that with the commentaries, so they could be more competitive with other programs. 

I would wager that there is almost no chance of this happening. For the Faithlife angle, commentaries are those types of resources which most logically fit within the Research Edition category. And those commentaries which are higher priced tend to be those commentaries which are more in demand and/or considered of higher quality. To place these sorts of resources as Reader Editions would cut against the logic of their having that category--assuming I've understood them correctly. From the consumer standpoint, these sorts of commentaries are those which the community most naturally will want as a research tool. So Faithlife would be receiving more complaints over them being Reader Editions than Research Editions. 

Granted, Faithlife is probably going to be receiving a lot of complaints along these lines anyway. There's always going to be someone who this book they like should be a Research Edition or upset that they can't buy this book they like as a lower-cost Reader Edition. Overall they've made the correct move, as it will allow them to have more resources in Logos that they wouldn't otherwise and much sooner than they would have otherwise (and thus making sales that they would have otherwise lost). But simply by creating the further category they've created more space for people to be dissatisfied with an immediate result, when the benefits are largely behind the scenes or long-term.

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 10774
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2020 10:49 AM

Lee Gordon:
Also, some of these titles are offered for a fraction of the cost on another Bible program. NICOT is now going for $139.99, NICNT is going for $129.99 ($269.98 total), vs. $1899.99 on Logos.

So (just thinking). 

- Another company is giving away $1,500 dollars for each customer purchase (at least, a lot)

- Logos is making a killing, even after royalties (along with the iffy tagging)

- Logos has a really bad contract

Or

- Logos markup costs 6 times the cost of authoring/editing/profit-margins

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 26 of 28 (560 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > | RSS