(Suggestion) Missals for Eastern Rites

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 479
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 27 2020 8:23 AM

So, this Sunday, the quarantine Mass I saw was the Maronite Divine Liturgy. I was left thinking that it would be nice to have the Eastern Rite Missals (translated into English) on Verbum to follow along.

Of course, I’m not sure if the resources I’d like actually exist. But I’ll throw it out there as a suggestion.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM || iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum, Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite. | Silver: Ordinariate. Anglican | Bronze: Standard, Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 28729
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2020 11:13 AM

The Syriac-Maronite Mass in English : explanation of the ceremonies, complete translation of the Mass, responses of the server and hymns of the choir transcribed in English characters by Butrus F. Sufayr (1953)

I'm too lazy to track down others at the moment

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 479
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2020 11:23 AM

That certainly looks like the kind of thing I had in mind

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM || iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum, Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite. | Silver: Ordinariate. Anglican | Bronze: Standard, Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS