Mechanism of linking Proclaim to a livestream service

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 22749
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 22 2020 6:48 AM

In the current test version of live streaming on Proclaim we need to enter a RTMP Url and a Stream Key to link to a live streaming service (unless we are using Faithlife Live Stream).

So the live stream needs to be started on the live stream server which will generate a stream key which can then be entered into the Proclaim cue.

Others approaches - such as that taken by vMix  - is to have a tighter integration between their application and the streaming service so that we can, for example, authenticate with a Facebook account in the app and it can then start the stream directly from vMix.

Are there any plans to do something similar with Proclaim? 

I appreciate there could be some challenges due to the way Proclaim enables a much more collaborative approach so the same presentation could be accessed by many different people (which is less the case with tools such as vMix) but thought I would ask the question!

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 28966
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2020 2:09 AM

bump for visibility 3

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 690
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2020 10:45 AM

So far, I have not encountered a service that won't give you the stream url and key ahead of time. At this point we don't have plans to integrate with other services within Proclaim besides the RTMP slots we have today. Which from my perspective should allow it to work with everything that can take RTMP data

(Also, I think you encountered the RTMP links not saving with the presentation? That should be fixed now.)

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 22749
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2020 10:56 AM

Jordan Sjodin:
At this point we don't have plans to integrate with other services within Proclaim besides the RTMP slots we have today. Which from my perspective should allow it to work with everything that can take RTMP data

Thanks Jordan

So do this mean it won’t support integration with Facebook Live - that requires RTMPS as opposed to RTMP?

Posts 690
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2020 11:10 AM

We still desire to fix that, but haven't gotten to a fix yet

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 22749
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2020 12:25 PM

Fair enough - that’s good to know

Thanks Jordan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS