Not Synching

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Cory Abouaf | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 30 2020 12:20 PM

I've been trying to sync my laptop to get all the new updated notes that I do on my PC. This has been a problem for almost a year. I really can not bring my laptop to a study and expect to have my notes appear there. I've followed the above directions about syncing with no success. Any Suggestions?

Posts 22956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 12:36 PM

Hi Cory - sorry to hear you are having problems

But we need some more details.

1. It sounds as though you are creating notes on a desktop and they are not appearing on a laptop. Is that correct?
  2. Which operating systems are on both - and which versions? And which versions of the Logos software are you using?
  3. Are you having any other sync issues?
  4. Are you using the same account details on both?
  5. When you are checking for sync are you checking in the resource or in the Notes tool? If you haven't checked in the Notes Tool please do

Graham

Posts 817
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 12:46 PM

I'm getting a message that Logos is not able to communicate to the server - looks like a problem at Faithlife.  Isn't there a web page that shows their server/system status?

Posts 28459
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 12:54 PM

https://status.faithlife.com 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 817
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 1:13 PM

Thank you, JT.  

That's the site I was thinking about, but it doesn't show a problem.

I'm getting this notification: (and the desktop app doesn't sync)

Posts 22956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 1:16 PM

Hi Tim

If you are using a Mac I am guessing you have just woken it and this tends to stop some server-side actions working. If that is the case, please quit and restart Logos and try again.

If that doesn't work, please start a new thread discussing this so the original issue doesn't got lost.

Graham

Posts 817
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 1:30 PM

Hi Graham,

I'm on a Window's machine.  Same problem with two separate instances of Logos.  Was working fine 3 hours ago.

Posts 28459
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 2:20 PM

Did you restart the app? Computer? 

Graham - I am “Mac only” and have never experienced what you describe. Perhaps only on your device?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 22956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 2:31 PM

Let’s move this to another thread

Posts 817
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 3:04 PM

Looks like it's working again - syncing okay and the Bible Browser is working also.

Posts 8300
LogosEmployee

Tim Hensler:

I'm getting this notification: (and the desktop app doesn't sync)

Bible Browser was failing (for many users) between 12:15 and 2:10 PT today. No other Faithlife services (including Sync) were affected by that outage, it was specific to the Bible Browser web service.

Posts 817
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2020 6:25 AM

Thank you for the update/clarification Bradley.  It was unfortunate that it happened while Mr. Proctor was doing his webinar on the Bible Browser - such is the world of spiritual warfare.  Apparently my sync problem was caused by something else - probably my laptop downloading something it wanted that I wasn't aware of.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS