Page 1 of 14 (270 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 269 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:48 PM

You'll want to see what just showed up on Twitter:

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:55 PM

A mobile app isn't quite what I'm hoping for, but we'll see what they have on it.

With all the Tablet rumors I really hope Logos does get a full native iPhone app going, at least some sort of book reader. If m.logos.com will enable that, great!... so long as it has some way for me to do it when away from a signal. :)

Posts 118
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:31 AM

Mobile would be great. Windows 6.1.

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:11 PM

Okay, very cool! It does look like it will be a native app. Was worried that the website meant it was just a website designed for the iPhone. That would be nice, but still not quite what I'm hoping for.

http://m.logos.com/ has a few teaser photos.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:11 PM

Looks like it's live now... kinda

PLEASE don't tell me this isn't going to work on my blackberry!

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2941
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:35 PM

tcblack:

PLEASE don't tell me this isn't going to work on my blackberry!

PLEASE....And it's not that I'm not devoted enough to buy an iPhone...I actually would if it weren't for the AT&T aspect of it. But until iPhone is available for other services, I'm enjoying my blackberry. Please let me enjoy it with Logos.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:00 PM

Ok, new pics up. Does anyone know which resource has 1886 pages?

Posts 124
Randy Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:30 PM

Hope it works with the LG enV Touch!!!

Posts 2941
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 8:12 PM

I'm extremely excited about these possibilities.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 10:56 PM

Two possibilities come to mind.

One, it's syncing resources, somehow allowing you to copy books to the iPhone. That would be a lot to carry around, but it's possible.

Two, it numbers pages similar to the Amazon Kindle iPhone app where the numbers represent sections or some such rather than actual pages, an easier way to track current position on a device that cannot have pages correspond exactly with the printed book.

Just some thoughts.

Chris

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:37 PM

Anyone figure out the 437/1886 reference (I may have gotten the numbers wrong)?  Phone number was the only thing I could come up with, but I have no idea.

The area I live in is Alltel dominated and AT&T just bought our portion of Alltel.  So iPhones are coming in a few months here, I will just have to wait and see if the monthly cost is worth it for my wife and I.

all about Christ,
David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 2941
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:47 PM

David Buckham:

Anyone figure out the 437/1886 reference (I may have gotten the numbers wrong)?  Phone number was the only thing I could come up with, but I have no idea.

The area I live in is Alltel dominated and AT&T just bought our portion of Alltel.  So iPhones are coming in a few months here, I will just have to wait and see if the monthly cost is worth it for my wife and I.

all about Christ,
David Buckham

I'm guessing it's screen 437 of 1886 (but hopefully it's page #...that would be even better. Not including page numbers is a killer in usefulness for the Kindle.

I

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 2941
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2009 1:09 PM
I think that the Mark icon is showing a passage guide. Those are definitely cross references. The blurred things above are links and are long titles. The heading above it would be about the right length to say "Commentaries" if the one below it says "Cross References". That would be great!

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 46
Andy Anglea | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:04 PM

Definitely a passage guide (pretty sure it says that in the text in top right).  If my eyes aren't deceiving me the commentaries listed are...

The Pulpit Commentary: St. Mark (Vol I)
The Bible Knowledge Commentary
A Commentary, critical and explanatory, on the Old and New Testaments

And the image with the "horizontally scrolling list of" resources appears to show...

ESV
NA or UBS Greek NT
Another NA or UBS GNT
New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Another NA of UBS GNT
KJV

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:50 PM

I knew it! Now I see why I felt such a strong urging to trade my MDA Windows Mobile PDA phone for iPhone. Good. I can't wait to try it. If only it comes together with some new Czech Bibles to Logos Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2009 9:29 PM

I hope the iPhone picture is just a frame for the windows :-)

It would be better if this were a Web application for any WiFi/Internet -enabled device (including the "big" computer's browser).

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2009 9:31 PM

Yeah, the original tcblack's post contains a Windows-mobile device, as far as I can see.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2009 10:21 PM

Ok sweet! So we're looking at something that holds a Library! Not "just" a bible reader, (can't take anything for granted!)

So- which of these ways do you think (and hope) it will work?:

1. Using our logos accounts it knows which resources you own and if it's on ftp.logos.com: you can access it.

2. Certain publishers are going to allow certain books to everyone who buys the app, a sort of bundle

3. You copy the resource files from your own computer and take them with you.

I'm hoping for 3, which would allow the greatest flexibility, in case something isn't on FTP, and I can access it even without cell/wifi access. 1 would be 2nd best, and the 2nd option will be ok if they went that direction, but I'm hoping for greater resource access! Thoughts? Theories? I keep checking out the page source (teasers like this often hide bits in there) but so far nothing out of the ordinary (except for well commented code!)

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2009 10:54 PM

Another hint, or completely irrelevant?

Looking in the "About libronix" it says it contains certain code proprietary to AT&T, the iPhone carrier. Anyone know how long that has been there? If there's already code in our base products related to this- it might imply a hook-up with our individual libraries! (though if AT&T is required, then iPod Touch may not get the same functionality?) Or, it could all be completely unrelated....Hmm...

Posts 605
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2009 7:16 AM

That "AT&T" verbiage has been in the about for a long, long time.  I remember seeing it a few years ago.

John

Page 1 of 14 (270 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS