Barnes' Notes on the Old and New Testaments(14 vols)

Page 1 of 3 (56 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 55 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2221
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 29 2009 12:43 PM

Will Barnes' Notes on the Old and New Testaments(14 vols) ever see the light of day in Logos? Currently the $30 have it on community pricing, why not have a look and help push Barnes into production?

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/2132#details

Thanks

Ted Hans

Posts 2591
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 12:49 PM

Well, if it is 30 USD, it sounds much better then the initial 90 USD. I am going to see it.

Bohuslav

Posts 2221
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 1:39 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Well, if it is 30 USD, it sounds much better then the initial 90 USD. I am going to see it.

Perhaps you could persuade George our friend to say something nice about this set even if he is not going to place a bid.Wink

Ted

Posts 2591
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 2:32 PM

Sir Ted:

Perhaps you could persuade George our friend to say something nice about this set even if he is not going to place a bid.Wink

Ted

Good idea, George, where are you?

Bohuslav

Posts 8796
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 2:40 PM

Sir Ted:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Ted

Sure !  It'll be cheap.  You will need to decide whether that is only cheap in price or cheap in quality as well.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2591
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 3:00 PM

George Somsel:
Sure !  It'll be cheap.  You will need to decide whether that is only cheap in price or cheap in quality as well.

...maybe it was not so good idea to call George here Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 2221
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 3:38 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

George Somsel:

...maybe it was not so good idea to call George here Smile

I agree with you, we may just have to teach George how to be more European in his outlookBig Smile

Ted

Posts 7005
Forum MVP
Super.Tramp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 2:33 PM

I have my Community Pricing bid in for $40. It's just that I have this in almost every other format available. I can't spend $90 to have an 8th set when there are so many other goodies in Pre-pub that nobody else offers.

Posts 337

If everyone upped their bid by $10-15, think this will go anywhere?

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/2132

Jason Saling

Posts 15612
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:54 PM

Jason Saling:

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/2132

I don't think it will make a difference if people who have already bid $30 or above up their bids, because they are already counted as being willing to pay at least $30 for it and upping their bid won't raise that dot at $30 any further. It's the people below $30 who can make a difference. $30 seems to be the sweet spot where it's going to go over the top soonest.

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:27 AM

Rosie,

You asked in another thread WHY you should buy this resource.  I'm not the guy to answer the question because I really have nothing vested in Barnes, beyond that his work is moderately well known, it's a massive set and because a great many people early on kept asking for it.

But it has stalled so long in CP that I view it as nearly a lost cause.  IMHO it either needs to be mercifully terminated (then again It doesnt' cost anything but reputation points to leave it there) or it needs to be pushed over the top.

So here's the challenge.  Would an ardent Barnes supporter take up the cause?  Would you post your very best reasons why all of us should invest in Barnes and push it over the top?

Posts 492
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 5:34 PM

Thomas Black:
IMHO it either needs to be mercifully terminated (then again It doesnt' cost anything but reputation points to leave it there) or it needs to be pushed over the top.

I don't know why some of you people are so keen to 'kill' this one.  Obviously a lot of people want it.  For months it languished at about 30%, but recently, with the increased exposure it has increased to almost 60%.  You obviously don't want Barnes - that's fine, but a lot of others do.

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:52 PM

Alex Scott:
I don't know why some of you people are so keen to 'kill' this one.  ....  You obviously don't want Barnes - that's fine, but a lot of others do.

You misunderstand me Alex.  My bid is in, at max.  But at some point terminating the offer surely becomes an option since Barnes has "languished"  on the CP page for just about as long as CP has been in existence.  As I said, it doesn't cost anything to keep it there, but just how long should it remain with the sale unmet?

Posts 374
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:17 AM

Jason Saling:

There are enough bidders in such that if everyone raised their bid to $45.00 it would be at 111%. ($40.00 would be at 99%). Given what has happened recently, I would not be surprised that it will eventually close at $30 or $35.

Posts 580
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:45 AM

Thomas Black:
Would an ardent Barnes supporter take up the cause?

I agree that this is what is needed, no one has ever posted a compelling reason why we should want Barnes' Notes in Logos. The only reasons that I have seen are that it covers the whole Bible and its available in other packages... 

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 12:30 PM

I'm saving my $30+ for something I'd benefit from owning.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 337

Mark A. Smith:

I'm saving my $30+ for something I'd benefit from owning.

Everybody, just bid $30 or more on Barnes and Notes, and then you could back out after it's already almost completed in production.  That way the rest of us could get it that want it Wink

Jason Saling

Posts 2881
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 12:49 PM

I do like and want Barnes' Notes , but this, even though legal and within the rules, sounds deceptive and non-productive.  I have ordered books and canceled them later - but only after my finances or needs have changed.  Never intentionally.

Before doing this, I would spend time in prayer asking God if this is really what he would want a member of His church doing.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 337

Floyd Johnson:

I do like and want Barnes' Notes , but this, even though legal and within the rules, sounds deceptive and non-productive.  

Of course I was kidding.  Though it is deceptive, it really isn't "non-productive," it would be productive for all those that could use it's resource in logos Big Smile  Rahab was deceptive for the glory of God, as well as many others Wink

Jason Saling

Posts 7005
Forum MVP
Super.Tramp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:56 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Before doing this, I would spend time in prayer asking God if this is really what he would want a member of His church doing.

You could just go ahead and bid $75 and ask God to convict you before it ships, if you are in the wrong...Devil

My bid has been at $75 for a while. It would be cheaper for my household budget to drop my bid to $35 and convince my wife to also bid $35 in her account., but she is not likely to be sold on that idea.

Page 1 of 3 (56 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS