Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3808
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 14 2010 9:57 AM | Locked

I had a Custom Passage Guide, Custom Exegetical Guide and several bibles open in a layout. I tried to open a Passage list I created a while back (I think when Passage lists were first released in L4) and L4 crashed.

0143.Logos4Crash.txt

EDIT: It appears that only one passage list causes this crash. I was able to open others without incident. Other passage lists I was able to open were created both before and after the one causing the crash was created. This is new behavior in Beta 6 or 7, as I was able to open that list in the prior beta releases. I think I opend it in Beta 5 and I am positive I opened it in Beta 4 and earlier. 

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 3808
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 2:42 AM | Locked

I created a duplicate passage list and it now works fine. I would still be interested to know what caused the old one to crash the program.

Is there something that can be done to simply provide warnings or error messages rather than just let the program crash any time something happens it does not like?

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 10197
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 3:15 AM | Locked

Fred Chapman:
I created a duplicate passage list and it now works fine. I would still be interested to know what caused the old one to crash the program.

I had a problem with XP becoming upset with Logos and wanting to close B7 every time I attempted to create a note. It appears to have been caused by a corrupted layout, for recreating the layout solved the problem.

Even though the problem is gone, I would like to know what caused it. Repeated Crash When Attaching Note

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 11:30 AM | Locked

Fred Chapman:

Is there something that can be done to simply provide warnings or error messages rather than just let the program crash any time something happens it does not like?

I've submitted your crash report for review.

Posts 3808
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 11:38 AM | Locked

Thanks Melissa. Welcome back; you were missedBig Smile

Diagnostic Logging

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 12:12 PM | Locked

Development says this happened if there were no resources in the resource text box in the Passage List. This will be fixed in the next beta.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS