Page 5 of 6 (115 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 114 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 2
Paul Mathenia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 4:24 AM

It appears to me it is more like 45-90 days.

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 8:41 AM

Wow, getting a little heated!

I understand I am frustrated as well, two years of not syncing properly (for me).  I agree logos is a powerful bible software, I find I am not using it as much and using other bible software to have my reading plans synced, to me that is baisic 101!  So what use is all that power?

All I seem to get from the forums is no real answer on this issue and all I get from logos is "wait" and "sorry", granted, very professionally & heartfelt - but in the end, forced to go to other software apps that actually work!  The only real solution is to use other software.

Does anyone know iff u can sell your logos bundle to someone else once yours is paid , because I regret buying it and regret putting my trust in the sales person I saw at our church two years ago and all promising of how it integrates with iPad and iPhone.  I have a buddy who was able to sell his, but he was onpayments, so someone else took over the payments, smart move I think.

So although I get the defensiveness of. The logos guy, I feel we as users have been more thanpa

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 8:45 AM

Sould read, we users have been more than patient!

Could not scroll my cursor down far enough to correct, another frustrating thing with Logos and the forum, however I digress and am adding to my anger and frustration of logos, going to go calm down, go exercise, and read my bible (via software that syncs my reading plan)!

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 8:47 AM

Lol, looks like my above two posts got posted to the wrong thread.  Oh my, is there more going on than syncing issues?

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 8:49 AM

I understand I am frustrated as well, two years of not syncing properly (for me).  I agree logos is a powerful bible software, I find I am not using it as much and using other bible software to have my reading plans synced, to me that is baisic 101!  So what use is all that power?

All I seem to get from the forums is no real answer on this issue and all I get from logos is "wait" and "sorry", granted, very professionally & heartfelt - but in the end, forced to go to other software apps that actually work!  The only real solution is to use other software.

Does anyone know iff u can sell your logos bundle to someone else once yours is paid , because I regret buying it and regret putting my trust in the sales person I saw at our church two years ago and all promising of how it integrates with iPad and iPhone.  I have a buddy who was able to sell his, but he was onpayments, so someone else took over the payments, smart move I think.

So although I get the defensiveness of. The logos guy, I feel we as users have been more thanpa

Quick Reply

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 8:52 AM

Does anyone know if u can sell your logos bundle to someone else once yours is paid for, because I regret buying it and regret putting my trust in the sales person I saw at our church two years ago and all promises of how it integrates with iPad and iPhone.  I have a buddy who was able to sell his, but he was on payments, so someone else took over the payments, smart move I think.

So although I get the defensiveness of the logos guy, I feel we as users have been more than patient!  And the invitation from them to use other software, wow that says something does it not?

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 10:20 AM

Does anyone know if you can sell your logos bundle to someone else once yours is paid, because I regret buying it and regret putting my trust in the sales person I saw at our church two years ago and all promises of how it integrates with iPad and iPhone.  I have a buddy who was able to sell his, but he was on payments, so someone else took over the payments, smart move I think.

So although I get the defensiveness of alabama guy, I feel we as users have been more than patient.

Quick Reply

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 10:23 AM

wow, keeps posting to your reply., sorry about that was trying to reply to a alabama reply.  oh wierd.

Posts 28493
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 10:45 AM

iCurteye - Yes, you can sell your license, but there is a small transfer fee that Logos charges. You are not, however, allowed to advertise on the forums.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 12:19 PM

So, correction alert - I have only had Logos for just over a year.  So not being able to sync for 2 years is in correct, it has only been just over a year.  I know this does not make me more patient and pretty sure it does not make me less patient!

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 12:22 PM

Ty for reply.  I will look into that more.  Selling would help me put money into a system that works, but selling means more than likely selling to someone I know.  I am not sure if I can do that (selling a product that does not work as advertised as promised).  The funny thing is, other sales people have done exactly that, in this company and many others!  Do I join those ranks?  Huh?  I didn't think tit would be this hard a decision.

Again, thanks for the reply, not sure what I will do, but that's not your issue.

Posts 28
iCurteye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 12:30 PM

So there are concrete solutions to all users who are frustrated, here are some:

-sell your licens, move on from logos

-wait for the elusive update

-do nothing and just move on to other software

Whatever your decision, it will cost you money, do not forget about app feedback, give it a bad rating if that is how you feel. Probably will not do much good, but it just might prevent a new user from spending their cash on the system thinking the free app will work!

B

Posts 15
Jason David McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 7:51 AM

Oh well, wish I knew it was going to break before I got months into a reading plan. I got way too excited about that feature...

Posts 28493
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 7:54 AM

Jason - You can still complete your reading plan on your computer.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 66
Janis Lewman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 8:45 AM

Add a note to either Notes or the iCalendar (on the iPad) of what you've read or need to read using that device.  Simple /  interim fix / manual labor / clunky - yes...but it at least helps me keep track on the iPad until the problem is fixed and until I'm able to rely on the iPad and Mac talking to each other again. 

Posts 15
Jason David McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 8:58 AM

Of course, but that's less than exciting. Sitting on the front porch with my iMac and a cup of coffee!

Posts 15
Jason David McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 9:04 AM

I do admire your dedication with that workaround!

Posts 2
Brad Mortensen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 9:16 AM

OK, I am going to weigh in (again) and am trying for straight talking and not godlessly snarky...just saying. :)

Logos, as a user this whole thing is pretty hard to understand or accept. I am flabbergasted (great word) that this has not been resolved and that we continue to get the line that "it's coming some day". I can't fathom that Logos has not provided any type of work around for iPad and iPhone users. To add insult to injury, the ability to use my iPad was what prompted me to drop additional cash to upgrade to the new version of Logos.

Your product is great but very expensive and I have a lot invested in it. It makes no sense that you can't get this working now or at least provide a reasonable work around for iPad / iPhone users. I have been driven to using YouVersion which is free and accessible on multiple platforms to track my daily reading plan. Not a bad solution but quite honestly really bugs me that I have $600+ sunk into Logos and its not able to do something as basic as track a reading plan on my iPad.

I get that syncing apparently is a bit of a moon shot right now, but honestly I would settle for being able to set-up a reading plan on my iPad and not have it sync if that was an option. Unfortunately the way the app is written I can't even do that unless I use the default start at Genesis and go from there plan that incessantly pops up on my iPad.

Could someone at Logos PLEASE either give a date when the iPad/iPhone app syncing issue will be fixed? Or do a quick and dirty app mod so we can have some control over our reading plans? Please throw us a bone beyond "It's coming".

Thanks in advance!

- Brad

Posts 9
Brad Vincent | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 11:06 AM

To Brad Mortensen,

From one Brad to another: I agree 100%.  My situation is the same as yours except I have over $1700 invested in Logos.  The ONLY reason I upgraded to Logos 4 was to be able to use the software on my iPhone.  When I got an iPad it was going to be a joy using the power of Logos everywhere.  But that was then and this is now. 

I concur that at the very least, the programmers could disable the reading plan sync until they get it right and then install an in-app feature for a simple reading plan.

Posts 6
Trvlngnrs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 11:44 AM

On the Logos homepage on my Mac, there is the ability to download the daily reading plan to my calendar. While it doesn't link to the text, it will allow me to continue on schedule with the one year reading plan. I'll also have it on my iPhone and iPad, so it will be more readily accessible throughout the day.

Open Logos

File

Reading Plan

Add: Bible, Passages, Start Date, Finish Date

Export to iCal. The plan will appear on your iPhone, iPad calender.

Hope that helps someone!

Page 5 of 6 (115 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS