New KF Base Packages

Page 3 of 7 (133 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 132 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 5:12 PM

I just upgraded and the BECNT and BNTC are both there.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 5:36 PM

Robert Pavich:

I just upgraded and the BECNT and BNTC are both there.

Do you mean you still have them because you did the free upgrade?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 5:49 PM

Yes..I did the free upgrade and the books I had previously purchased....the BENTC and BNTC are "still" there.

Robert Pavich

Posts 1759
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 5:56 PM

Rosie Perera:
ND = Never Deficient

Actually ND is secret code for Roman Catholic users = Notre Dame

In the works is a secret code for North American Protestants = NAP  Big Smile

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 7:00 PM

I just feel sorry for the new guys that will have to pay the same amount old platinum guys paid but will get less resources for it.  Bomber!!! or Bummer? oh well...

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 7:03 PM

Robert Pavich:

Yes..I did the free upgrade and the books I had previously purchased....the BENTC and BNTC are "still" there.

Robert i just got done reading this thread and from the very first post phil said you would not lose any resource if you had LE

anyway, feels odd having an UPGRADE with LESS resources.  IMO logos should find a way to include new resources for all packages to make up for the lost ones or they should lower the price a little bit.  Sorry new guys but then again no one said life is fair.

By the way about logos adding new resources.  They should add new resources to make up for the ones that will no longer be available and have the old guys pay a small upgrade fee to be able to get the new content that way they still get to keep the old content and add new resources in the process.  Thumbs up if u agree with me Yes

Posts 7273
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 7:21 PM

Rosie Perera:

Douglas Alvarenga:

Nevermind, the Common Lectionary is slightly different.  One is BCP79DL and the other one is BCP79SL

The first one is the Daily Office, the other is the Sunday Lectionary.

Thanks Rosie for clearing that up.  I'm just glad they're free! Big Smile

Posts 7273
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 7:33 PM

Joshua Garcia:

Douglas Alvarenga:

Oh my goodness, that's a HUGE change!!! I'm sure glad I purchased my Platinum when it first came out! I love Baker's Exegetical Commentary and Baker's NT Commentary I don't think I could give those up.  Anyway, so far so good!

Good thing I already own Platinum too. That is not just some Baker content, that's some very good Baker content being taken out.

You are right Joshua...that's not just "some Baker content" that's some excellent Baker content.  D.A. Carson highly recommends the BECNT; especially the Luke volumes.  He said those 2 volumes are # 1 on the list of commentaries on the gospel of Luke.  I'm glad we get to keep them just like some kept Barclay's Daily Bible Studies (old version) when the publisher asked Logos to remove them also.  Anyway, as the old saying goes, "Early bird catches the best Logos 4 deals!" hehehe

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 7:43 PM

Dang, that's a shame.. BECNT and BDAG are the sole reasons I upgraded to Plat. So, removing all the Baker titles should cause the price of the package to go down.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 8:41 PM

Matthew Hamrick:

Dang, that's a shame.. BECNT and BDAG are the sole reasons I upgraded to Plat. So, removing all the Baker titles should cause the price of the package to go down.

I wonder whether, by removing some of the content from Platinum and leaving Portfolio more or less intact, they might be preparing for the introduction of a new package that would come between Platinum and Portfolio, something that users have been asking for. It would presumably include the content that was removed from Platinum plus some more stuff. Just speculation, but otherwise why would they increase the gap between Platinum & Portfolio when people have been complaining that it's too big of a jump to upgrade from the former to the latter?

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:00 PM

Rosie Perera:
but otherwise why would they increase the gap between Platinum & Portfolio when people have been complaining that it's too big of a jump to upgrade from the former to the latter?

Sounds like it's Baker's decision, and Logos is just responding to their request.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:00 PM

Rosie Perera:
why would they increase the gap

Maybe because at the present they don't know how to fill it? The loss of the Baker titles in Platinum is quite devastating to its value relative to Gold. Platinum now needs a commentary set or two to beef it up and make it a more appealing jump. Maybe the DSB? Preaching the Word? Tyndale? None of those are as good as the BECNT (as few as those volumes were). The loss of the Baker Encyclopedia also hurts. Logos will need to move the ISBE into Platinum to make up for it.

I hope Baker is not pulling back completely from Logos. While they have put some titles on pre-pub, news on the newer BECNT volumes has been totally absent. I also hope that Logos' decision to publish the EEC hasn't created bad feelings elsewhere.

No point in speculating I suppose. Thankfully the Baker volumes will still be available.

EDIT: There have been advantages for being with Logos for awhile. I have the Jerome Biblical Commentary (the 1968 edition, never updated in Logos), the DSB (still not available since being pulled), and now the Baker volumes (still available). I guess (long term) membership does have its privileges.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1477
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:04 PM

Rosie Perera:
I wonder whether, by removing some of the content from Platinum and leaving Portfolio more or less intact, they might be preparing for the introduction of a new package that would come between Platinum and Portfolio, something that users have been asking for. It would presumably include the content that was removed from Platinum plus some more stuff. Just speculation, but otherwise why would they increase the gap between Platinum & Portfolio when people have been complaining that it's too big of a jump to upgrade from the former to the latter?

I am waiting for the upgrade for portfolio Big Smile... Maybe portfolio plus... or diamond 

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:15 PM

Mark A. Smith:
I guess (long term) membership does have its privileges.

Timing seems to play a part also.  It seems to me that Pannenburg's Systematic Theology was targeted for Platinum until Portfolio appeared, so there may be a little history in what Rosie is speculating.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1293
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:21 PM

Rosie Perera:
I wonder whether, by removing some of the content from Platinum and leaving Portfolio more or less intact, they might be preparing for the introduction of a new package that would come between Platinum and Portfolio,

Yes

I hope so! 

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 10:07 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Two questions:

1. Will the 1984 NIV Reverse Interlinear OT still be finished?
  2. Will the new 2011 NIV get a Reverse Interlinear, and if so, how soon?

YesYes

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1513
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 12:38 AM

Rosie Perera:

Matthew Hamrick:

They could call it the Diamond package. However, if Logos wants to continue with the whole precious metal theme, the next package should be called Rhodium - but that doesn't sound too awe inspiring. 

Posts 2704
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 9:41 AM

BillS:

Richard DeRuiter:

Two questions:

YesYes

Yes would be helpful to know plans for RI, but some poor soul may have to do it manually like they did for 1984

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 10:04 AM

BillS:

Richard DeRuiter:

Two questions:

as for part of question 2, the Upgrade chart in Logos4 shows a footnote which indicates that the NIV (supposedly the 2011 since it is for the new package) will have RIs for both NT & OT.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 10:11 AM

steve clark:

as for part of question 2, the Upgrade chart in Logos4 shows a footnote which indicates that the NIV (supposedly the 2011 since it is for the new package) will have RIs for both NT & OT.

Great!

Robert Pavich

Page 3 of 7 (133 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS