New KF Base Packages

Page 5 of 7 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 132 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 12
Paul D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2011 6:34 AM

Thanks, Jerry. I have done that and downloaded the .dmg file and installed/launched. But, how do I know my Scholars LE has beed updated to the KF package? 

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2011 6:40 AM

If you didn't have the Net Bible Notes as a separate resource, you should have it now.  I don't know if the Logos version number changed or not.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 12
Paul D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2011 6:44 AM

Ah...thanks!

I now have the NET Bible Notes First Edition. I presume that is what you mean? 

[If it's not already apparent, I'm rather new to Logos.]

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2011 11:07 AM

jcc:
Are the new resources available in Logos 3?

Two of the three mentioned can be downloaded from the Logos ftp site: ftp://ftp.logos.com/lbxbooks/

Look for LLXXIVAR.lbxlls and GS_NETNOTES.lbxlls

The Lectionary is not in Logos 3 format.

I imagine the new NIV will be made available in Logos 3 format.

You can download the two available files directly to your Libronix Resources folder. You may need to synch your licenses to be able to see them.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 83
rksaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 2:44 AM

Mark A. Smith:

I guess (long term) membership does have its privileges.

Definitely Mark.  I only wish that I had purchased this software years ago as opposed to days ago.  Oh well, at least I have the liberty to read God's word and now have the proper tools to "rightly devide the word of truth".Big Smile

God bless,

Rich

Posts 83
rksaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 2:46 AM

d-i-v-i-d-e...duh.  (I guess I'll just use spelling errors to get my post count up.)

Posts 1337
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:26 AM

Phil Gons:

Richard DeRuiter:
I also noticed that you didn't answer my first question about the 1984 NIV OT RI. Since it's been a work in progress, I trust it will be finished. But your lack of assurance isn't very assuring.

Richard DeRuiter:
Understood. But rather than letting the speculation run rampant, can you please find the answer, or point someone to this thread who can give us an answer?

I'm looking into this and will let you know when I have a definitive answer.

Hi folks.

I wanted to reassure everyone that we will be completing the 1984 NIV OT Reverse Interlinear. We've had some issues to work through but are confident we'll be able to complete and release it. We are, at present, about halfway complete with the alignment; when it is complete, if you have a license, you will get it.

I have no current estimate on when the 2011 NIV reverse interlinears will be complete; there are a number of factors at play. I can safely say, however, that the 2011 OT will be available after the 1984 OT (we will need to use the 1984 as part of the process to create the 2011 alignment).

Thanks for your patience while we work out the issues on this one.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 12:43 PM

Rick Brannan:

I wanted to reassure everyone that we will be completing the 1984 NIV OT Reverse Interlinear. We've had some issues to work through but are confident we'll be able to complete and release it. We are, at present, about halfway complete with the alignment; when it is complete, if you have a license, you will get it.

I have no current estimate on when the 2011 NIV reverse interlinears will be complete; there are a number of factors at play. I can safely say, however, that the 2011 OT will be available after the 1984 OT (we will need to use the 1984 as part of the process to create the 2011 alignment).

Thanks for your patience while we work out the issues on this one.

Thanks, Rick. Does this mean you'll be skipping over the TNIV entirely in implementing reverse interlinear. That would be a disappointment to some of us, myself included, who plan to stick with TNIV in spite of the new 2011 NIV release.

Posts 1337
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 2:29 PM

Rosie Perera:
Thanks, Rick. Does this mean you'll be skipping over the TNIV entirely in implementing reverse interlinear. That would be a disappointment to some of us, myself included, who plan to stick with TNIV in spite of the new 2011 NIV release.

Hi Rosie.

Thanks for the question. At present, we have no plans to pursue a TNIV reverse interlinear.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 2:55 PM

Rick Brannan:

Rosie Perera:

Hi Rosie.

Thanks for the question. At present, we have no plans to pursue a TNIV reverse interlinear.

Rosie, may be it is because they will be busy working on the Czech Reverse Interlinear Bible? Big Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 5:13 PM

Rick Brannan:

Thanks for the update Rick. This is what I expected, but I was getting nervous with the delayed response.

I have been looking forward to this ever since it was first announced, and have enjoyed using the NIV NT Rev Int more than I thought I would. I can't wait until the OT is finished.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:13 PM

I think there are better things to worry about than a RI.  For example will logos try to replace the lost content with some other resources? I suggest for them to replace the BECNT and Baker's NT commentary with the Exegetical Commentary Bundle: http://www.logos.com/product/7605/exegetical-commentaries-bundle.  I wouldn't mind paying an upgrade fee to add that bundle to my old content.  I think that would serve as an incentive to the new buyers who are practically paying the same amount of cash for less resources and it would help us see the new KF package as a REAL upgrade.  Any one else agrees?

GB

Posts 142
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 4:37 AM

Baker and Logos have just saved me $850!!!  I have been seriously thinking about upgrading from my OL/Scholars edition to Platinum, but now that Baker backed out of the package (and my upgrade price went up $50), I have very little incentive to actually upgrade.  My wife will be happy about this Big Smile

Posts 103
Mark O'Hearn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:35 AM

I too share your feelings Michael.  Yesterday, after first checking with my Logos sales rep, I decided to upgrade from Silver to Platinum.  For me this upgrade was still well worth the money, especially for the Pillar and NIGTC commentaries (not to mention the Horae and UBS Handbooks).  When I calculated the retail value for these commentaries plus certain other resources, it was still a much better deal than buying these resources otherwise.  Notwithstanding, the loss of the Baker commentary (content) was a bitter pill to swallow.  Like so many, I only wished I had known about this change last month, especially given the discounts offered by Logos. Sad

Taking the advice of veteran Logos users, I have primarily concentrated on upgrades to my base packages, although I have grabbed some other resources along the way.  Without a doubt this is the best way to build your library.  For me the journey has taken me from Bible Study, then quickly onto Scholar (primarily for Text Comparison), Silver, and now Platinum.

Now at Platinum I think my upgrading of base package has ended.  When I consider the more substantial cost to upgrade for the resources offered in Portfolio I do not see any real value for me.  Obviously this is a subjective conclusion as I am sure the additional resources exceed the actual upgrade cost, but at this level the Platinum library offers everything I need/want, and more to the point, the resources (especially commentaries) I am looking for (influenced by websites like Best Commentaries or Logos users).  There are no remaining commentaries that I am really looking for in the Portfolio library.  So after I finish paying for my last upgrade I can safely concentrate on buying the remaining commentaries I would like without the worry of missing out in a great base package deal. 

To be honest, I am rather surprised that there is really nothing of interest in that package to me.  I realize others have upgraded and would disagree, so I would appreciate knowing what remaining resources are in this last package that I have missed in my review?

As for the Baker commentary now missing from Platinum, I intend to purchase it either as a set or individually as the need arises.  Hope they also release the individual books for other popular commentaries like WBC.  It would be ideal if Logos offered all the top 2 commentaries cited at Best Commentaries both in sets and as individual titles.  Anyway I have overstayed my welcome.

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 2:30 PM

Mark O'Hearn:
Now at Platinum I think my upgrading of base package has ended. 

I'm feeling the same way, though I'm holding at the original Platinum...

Was hoping for another stepping stone package like ones we've enjoyed in the past. But $1200 for Portfolio & $2000 for the only real Christmas package that I saw as valuable, I'm starting to conclude:

1. I'm very blessed to have Platinum.
  2. Upgrade packages are now targeted at those whose means are much (not just a little) greater than mine.

Blessings to you!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2445
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:58 PM

I hadn't seen this thread until this evening. I made the decision to go with Platinum upgrade in late December since the discount deal was really good and there was a payment plan. I'm so thankful I did it considering how useful some of the Baker resources are. Big Smile 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:47 PM

Michael Ballai:

I hadn't seen this thread until this evening. I made the decision to go with Platinum upgrade in late December since the discount deal was really good and there was a payment plan. I'm so thankful I did it considering how useful some of the Baker resources are. Big Smile 

Congratulations Michael. You really did well. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 62
James R. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 16 2011 2:17 PM

Phil Gons:
It’s a free crossgrade from your LE package to its KF replacement

I sorry to be dense, but I don't get it. When I click on the "free crossgrade" link I land on a page that offers me a "custom upgrade" from my LE to the KF at the discounted price of only $675. What happened? Did I miss out?

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 16 2011 2:31 PM

James, please go to your account page on Logos.com and click on the Orders tab. Look for the KF crossgrade. If it is there, Logos upgraded you automatically and you should be able to download any books that you are due by closing and reopening Logos. If the crossgrade (it shows up as an upgrade) isn't there I don't know why you are getting this note.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5286
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 16 2011 2:31 PM

James R. Adams:

Phil Gons:
It’s a free crossgrade from your LE package to its KF replacement

I sorry to be dense, but I don't get it. When I click on the "free crossgrade" link I land on a page that offers me a "custom upgrade" from my LE to the KF at the discounted price of only $675. What happened? Did I miss out?

Logos tries to get you to upgrade to the next package level, you can click on your current package to get the free crossgrade.

-dan

Page 5 of 7 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS