Daniel Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 2:17 PM

Thank you for the update.

Dan

Posts 24724
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2019 6:22 AM

Floyd Johnson:

David Ames:

Apparently they no longer do.  My guess is that too many so called "husband and wife" were not just one man and one woman but many of both.

[[Yes, the terms of use have changed but I don't remember seeing a BIG notice of the change.]]

I am not sure the terms of use have changed (at least in this regard) - allowing a husband and wife to share an account (as long as the second spouse was not using it professionally) was an allowance that was made by FaithLife's president as a courtesy to users. it was never official policy.  If both husband and wife are both ministry professionals, they were expected to have separate accounts. I have seen nothing from FaithLife's leadership suggesting this has changed.

Daniel Harper:
Thank you for the update.

Daniel, I think you really need to concentrate on what the new Terms of Service is saying: that have been quoted & expressed by earlier posters. Floyd is not providing an "update" of anything, irrespective of what may have been "allowed" by Faithlife's President a number of years ago. The new terms are more draconian than the older terms because times have changed.

The term "User" is defined in point 1. Your account is for an an individual user (1a), as is the Logos software license (point 3). Your wife cannot be a user of your account/license (point 5), because Faithlife do not offer shared licenses, and they can "prevent and disable excessive simultaneous logins on different devices indicating use of the Services by more than one human user.".

Suggestions have been made with regard to making your wife's account less expensive. Long before the Terms were updated, I had transferred some of my resources to my wife, and taken advantage of  free resources and a free library.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 6 of 6 (102 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS