What kind of books does Logos publish?

Page 5 of 6 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 100 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:04 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

To Rev. Chris, Dan Eide, Chris Thompson, Michael Anda and DMB,

I think you have all made your points clearly and sometimes more than once. Many of the point made are significant and merit a thorough discussion -- but not here. These forums have proven to be a poor medium for discussions like these, and such discussions are not in keeping with the purpose of these forums. For those of you who want to keep talking/writing about this, I suggest you take it off line (email, skype, some other forum?).

For those of you who have a problem with Logos' policies, I suggest you take it up with Logos, as Bob has invited us to do in the first post of this thread.

[BTW, I'm not trying to paint everyone with the same brush, here. I just listed those I saw interacting in this discussion in the last page or so.]

Richard, thanks for that.  In my last post I attempted to announce that I'm done with this conversation.  I realized I carried it on far too long and am sorry for that.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:08 AM

Chris Thompson:
Have a great day. I have better things to do than engage in mental warfare with an unarmed man.

Thanks for the blessing.  And same to you, Chris.  Geeked

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:14 AM

Coffee

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:27 AM

Matthew,

I think it would be better to simply drop this discussion or take it off line.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:27 AM

Matthew C Jones:
If you feel the need to preach & judge, go stand in the pulpit at your church. If I want to hear it, I will come and visit..
 Physician, heal yourself? Stick out tongue

~

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:38 AM

Coffee

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 10114
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:43 AM

Welcome back, AbiGail. We were wondering how long it'd take! Chris was wondering too.

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 10:48 AM

DMB:

Welcome back, AbiGail. We were wondering how long it'd take! Chris was wondering too.

Why Thank You Ma'am. Smile

~

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 12:38 PM

Dear people of a certain behavior. I say behavior not beliefs because behavior is what is relevant to these forums. Your behavior is counterproductive - in an attempt to point out or convince people that a doctrine or group is Unchristian, you instead turn them away from listening to you. Your behavior implies that you cannot read and follow the basic English of the forums. Why then should I listen to you on something more complex such as Scripture? If you genuinely want to convince, please use techniques that might be effective - beginning with following the rules of the forums.

Sincerely,

a person whose beliefs you vehemently disagree with but does not believe much of what you assign to me.

Accurate statement of what I wished to say but once I have a cup of coffee I'll remember why I keep my mouth shut.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 12:40 PM

Michael Anda:
etymology of the word weenie?  Does it have a latin root?

censoring done manually:

"frankfurter," 1906, with slang sense ....following soon after, from Ger. wienerwurst "Vienna sausage" (see wiener). Meaning "ineffectual person" is 1963; pejorative sense..., or perhaps from weenie in the sense of "small" (see wee).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 175
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 12:46 PM

MJ. Smith:

Dear people of a certain behavior. I say behavior not beliefs because behavior is what is relevant to these forums. Your behavior is counterproductive - in an attempt to point out or convince people that a doctrine or group is Unchristian, you instead turn them away from listening to you. Your behavior implies that you cannot read and follow the basic English of the forums. Why then should I listen to you on something more complex such as Scripture? If you genuinely want to convince, please use techniques that might be effective - beginning with following the rules of the forums.

Sincerely,

a person whose beliefs you vehemently disagree with but does not believe much of what you assign to me.

From one who has tried, woefully ineffectively and unsuccessfully, to hold accountable the conduct of which you write, thank you for this post. Now, better put on your hard hat and saliva shield!!  Big Smile

Bill

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 12:54 PM

CoffeeZip it!

~

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 1:04 PM

Standard English usage of Christian i.e. its meaning in the forums:

Chris·tian[kris-chuhn] 

–adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or derived from Jesus Christ  or His teachings: a Christian faith. 2. of, pertaining to, believing in, or belonging to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ: Spain is a Christian country. 3. of or pertaining to Christians: many Christian deaths in the Crusades. 4. exhibiting a spirit proper to a follower of Jesus Christ;  Christlike: She displayed true Christian charity. 5. decent; respectable: They gave him a good Christian burial. 6. human; not brutal; humane: Such behavior isn't Christian.
–noun 7. a person who believes in Jesus Christ;  adherent of Christianity. 8. a person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ: He died like a true Christian. 9. a member of any of certain Protestant churches, as the Disciples of Christ  and the Plymouth Brethren. 10. the hero of Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress. 11. a male given name.
Origin:
1250–1300;  < Latin Chrīstiānus  < Greek Chrīstiānós,  equivalent to Chrīst ( ós ) Christ  + -iānos  < Latin -iānus -ian;  replacing Middle English, Old English cristen  < Latin,  as above

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 1:16 PM

MJ. Smith:
a member of any of certain Protestant churches
MJ. Smith:
many Christian deaths in the Crusades
You really think it wise to use these exmples?

~

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 1:22 PM

AbiGail:
You really think it wise to use these exmples?

I make it a practice not to unnecessarily censor my source. Any complaints should be directed to the publisher Dictionary.com

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 1:25 PM

No complaints about your source...just don't see how it helps to soothe the animosity.

~

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 1:32 PM

AbiGail:
just don't see how it helps to soothe the animosity.

Unfortunately I was focused on "5. decent; respectable: They gave him a good Christian burial. 6. human; not brutal; humane: Such behavior isn't Christian. " and didn't think of how some might pick up other portions. There are parts of behavior of individuals on forums that I still have to stop and force myself to think about because they are so far from my daily experience outside the forums.

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 2:12 PM

MJ. Smith:
There are parts of behavior of individuals on forums that I still have to stop and force myself to think about because they are so far from my daily experience outside the forums.
Yes, I know you are on a higher spiritual plane. That's why I offered you another way to look at what you posted.

~

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 2:27 PM

MJ. Smith:
There are parts of behavior of individuals on forums that I still have to stop and force myself to think about because they are so far from my daily experience outside the forums.
Yes

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 2:40 PM

AbiGail:
Yes, I know you are on a higher spiritual plane.

More likely just older. Having been the youngest child or a youngest child I amazed at how young one can be and still have a grandson graduate from college.Confused

Page 5 of 6 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS