My first attempt at starting a personal book failed

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 15
Harry Grant | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 8 2011 11:16 AM

Hello Everyone

I am new to these forums, and would like to find out what mistake I am making when I attempted to make a personal book.

On my Mac I first went to the TextEdit program and wrote a bunch of notes that I had been building up for a while, i gave this document a title "Notes on Revelations"; then I saved this document as a .docx file,  Then I went to the tools, personal books, filled in the Library information dialog, then clicked on "add body files" button, the "notes on revelation.docx file appears in that section, then I clicked on "build Book" button in the "create Logos resource file section, the building process began but ended with a red failure statement.

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks 

Harry Grant

Posts 29915
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2011 5:35 PM

Harry - 

First, welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles.

Do you know what column view you are set on? Try changing to "none" and see what happens. To change this, click on the resource book cover in the upper left hand corner of the resource panel. A drop down box will appear. A little more than half way down, you should see "Columns." Change it to "none."

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2011 11:22 PM

Harry Grant:

I am new to these forums, and would like to find out what mistake I am making when I attempted to make a personal book.

On my Mac I first went to the TextEdit program and wrote a bunch of notes that I had been building up for a while, i gave this document a title "Notes on Revelations"; then I saved this document as a .docx file,  Then I went to the tools, personal books, filled in the Library information dialog, then clicked on "add body files" button, the "notes on revelation.docx file appears in that section, then I clicked on "build Book" button in the "create Logos resource file section, the building process began but ended with a red failure statement.

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Welcome Big Smile

Steps sound correct; wonder if your home directory has Logos Log Files folder => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37401/283930.aspx#283930

If so, replying and attaching Personal Book log would be appreciated.

Wiki Using the Forums => Adding a picture to a Post has steps for attaching a file.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29915
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2011 5:23 AM

Harry - 

Wow. I made a blunder. Sorry. I was trying to answer two posts and gave a different answer to your questions. Sorry. Ick!

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS