Page 1 of 3 (50 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 49 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 687
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 13 2011 3:53 PM | Locked

Wow, 4.5 must really be bringing some huge changes.... Can't wait to see what the next Beta contains after this long a wait!

Posts 11328
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 4:39 PM | Locked

Back from Anaheim. They quickly saw L4 and W8 were not going to be good finger-partners.

A quote from CNN: 'To prove it, Sinofsky demonstrated Windows 8 operating on a three-year old, first-generation netbook. Using Windows Task Manager, he showed that Windows 8 actually used less memory than the netbook did while running Windows 7. He also demonstrated everyday PCs, laptops and tablets that booted in less than 10 seconds.'

Wow. That sounds just like L4, doesn't it?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 10:34 PM | Locked

Frank Sauer:

Wow, 4.5 must really be bringing some huge changes.... Can't wait to see what the next Beta contains after this long a wait!

From Logos 4.5 Beta warnings, anticipating major changes how Notes and Highlighting are saved.   For users with large Note files, hoping for better typing performance plus several improvements in Logos User Voice suggestion => Rework notes function - in one or multiple phases since Notes handling being modified.  As use Personal Book Tool more, hoping for more Personal Book improvements too.

Doing data replication well is quite challenging to code (on servers and clients) along with adequate network and server capacity so synchronization just happens.  Hence, Logos 4 and mobile apps may not appear much improved, other than stuff syncing quickly: hopefully including highlighting, notes, favorites, and some preferences along with reading plans.  Perhaps to be followed by Personal Book sync (which would be miles ahead).

Personally willing to wait until Logos ready for public Beta testing (with more data volume and issues using revised synchronization framework); wondering if early Logos 4.3 Beta bugginess will repeat ?

Observation: if revised synchronization framework has issue(s), data replication can be full of surprises (and data corruption and/or loss).  Having a stable Logos installation for Bible Study seems prudent (in case of beta burps).  Personally looking forward to beta testing (and potential surprises).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 3:59 AM | Locked

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Personally willing to wait until Logos ready for public Beta testing

As am I. I'll check back tomorrow :-)

Posts 396
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 6:43 AM | Locked

Beta

Betaless...

Betalessness...  not a good feeling.

Posts 2739
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:00 AM | Locked

of course it will be a while - they have to skip v4.4 and go to v4.5 Stick out tongue

seriouly though, I think they will have to (or be lynched) release moblile platforms as well as PC/MAC at the same time, so am not surprised about the delay, but we cant really beta test it without.. Big Smile

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:14 AM | Locked

DominicM:

of course it will be a while - they have to skip v4.4 and go to v4.5 Stick out tongue

seriouly though, I think they will have to (or be lynched) release moblile platforms as well as PC/MAC at the same time, so am not surprised about the delay, but we cant really beta test it without.. Big Smile

All the more reason to draw the following conclusion. We need a mole in Bellingham. One of us has to infiltrate the fortress, get in good with the people who know, and siphon off information to the rest of us.

Posts 821
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:55 AM | Locked

Halo Hound:
We need a mole in Bellingham.

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 11:55 AM | Locked

JRS:

Halo Hound:
We need a mole in Bellingham.

AWESOMENESS! Oh how tempting it is to change my Avatar :-)

Posts 30222
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 11:58 AM | Locked

Shouldn't that be an e-reader?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 12:02 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Shouldn't that be an e-reader?

Perhaps a tablet. I only wish Logos were in the e-reader business :-) Maybe they are going there and we don't know about it yet. Once again, we need that mole.

Posts 8654
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:05 PM | Locked

Halo Hound:
Once again, we need that mole.
We can get this one in at the next cookoff...

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2011 5:50 AM | Locked

Denise Barnhart:
Wow. That sounds just like L4, doesn't it?
Wink

Logos also went in the opposite direction with L4 (IMHO) than the rest of the computing world by requiring more keystrokes.  

Posts 1447
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2011 2:15 PM | Locked

Beta please??

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2011 3:01 PM | Locked

Peter Li:

Beta please??

I think you guys are suffering withdrawal pains. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 821
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2011 3:52 PM | Locked

George Somsel:
I think you guys are suffering withdrawal pains. 

Click here to play this video

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2011 4:37 PM | Locked

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Personally willing to wait until Logos ready for public Beta testing (with more data volume and issues using revised synchronization framework); wondering if early Logos 4.3 Beta bugginess will repeat ?

Considering Logos 4 has many places to Note stuff; changing how Notes are saved is quite extensive.  Looking forward to public Logos 4.5 Beta 1 in 1 day (optimistic) to few weeks (pessimistic) along with ensuring stable Logos 4 installations ready to use (on Mac & PC).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6686
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2011 6:03 PM | Locked

Halo Hound:
I only wish Logos were in the e-reader business :-)

Does this answer your question? http://www.kirkdalepress.com/

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2011 3:08 AM | Locked

Noticed repeat of Logos 4.5 Beta 1 in two to few weeks => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/33390/287464.aspx#287464

Thankful Logos 4.3 SR-3 is usable; content to wait for public Logos 4.5 Beta 1 release.  Wonder about corresponding mobile app releases with updated sync framework ?

Looking at http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Beta_Release_Notes noted last Logos 4.3 Beta release was 2 months ago (20 July).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19073
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2011 3:53 AM | Locked

Lynden Williams:

Halo Hound:
I only wish Logos were in the e-reader business :-)

Does this answer your question? http://www.kirkdalepress.com/

Ha! Great play on words for that name. Kirk = old Scottish word for church. Kirkland, WA, is also the first city where Logos set up shop. Dale is the name of Logos CEO Bob Pritchett's father, who is Senior VP of Sales & Marketing. Dale also means a valley. Icon shows a church in a valley.

Page 1 of 3 (50 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS