World Series & Albert Pujols

Page 3 of 6 (113 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 112 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 10:27 AM

Paul Oertly:

Looks like Y'all had an exciting weekend. Sorry I missed it.

Are you sure you missed it?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 77
Paul Oertly | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 10:39 AM

Pretty Sure

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 10:49 AM

Paul Oertly:

Pretty Sure

Do you want to sell me a bridge?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 77
Paul Oertly | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 1:10 PM

Do you require 2 lanes, or 4?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 1:17 PM

Paul Oertly:

Do you require 2 lanes, or 4?

In other words, your answer is "Yes" that you think I'm gullible enough to accept that.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 77
Paul Oertly | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 1:24 PM

Mellow out, George. Look on the bright side. Your whining has caused Logos to not link your history to your post count, making it a bit harder to see what an obnoxious, abrasive tyrant you really are. Have a great day. Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 1:40 PM

Paul Oertly:

Mellow out, George. Look on the bright side. Your whining has caused Logos to not link your history to your post count, making it a bit harder to see what an obnoxious, abrasive tyrant you really are. Have a great day. Smile

You mean like Dave Hooton, Richard DeRuiter and others who have more than 17 posts?  You have a right to your opinion, but you need to keep it more to yourself.  Your post this morning was fairly obviously gloating over what you think you accomplished this weekend.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 77
Paul Oertly | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 1:49 PM

George Somsel:
You mean like Dave Hooton, Richard DeRuiter
Sorry. I fail to see your point, Or why you drag these good men into the conversation. When I click on their post count, Their history is clearly displayed.

Posts 141
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 1:56 PM

To all contributing to this thread, please bear in mind the Forum Guidelines and return this thread to the original topic. Please take personal differences to a different medium (phone, email).

Thanks!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 1:58 PM

Paul Oertly:

George Somsel:
You mean like Dave Hooton, Richard DeRuiter
Sorry. I fail to see your point, Or why you drag these good men into the conversation. When I click on their post count, Their history is clearly displayed.

You mean "clearly displayed" like this?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 77
Paul Oertly | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:12 PM

Sorry, George. You will have to argue with yourself. Jonathan has asked us to abide by guidelines where this thread is concerned. I plan to honor his request.

Have a great day.Smile

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:34 PM

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:46 PM

Silent Sam:

George Somsel:
Why can't you imbeciles comprehend what I am saying? Why should this ball bat cowboy get any recognition for his accomplishments? He doesn't have superior intellect, like Me. He doesn't have all the degrees that I have. He hasn't mastered all the ancient languages that I have. Who could think that he matters in the grand scheme of things? Why don't we focus on Me, and forget this peon?
                                                      Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Isn't it the second trip around the block for this one?  What are you trying to say?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 67
Kilroy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 12:50 AM

George Somsel:
Silent Sam:
George Somsel:
Why can't you imbeciles comprehend what I am saying? Why should this ball bat cowboy get any recognition for his accomplishments? He doesn't have superior intellect, like Me. He doesn't have all the degrees that I have. He hasn't mastered all the ancient languages that I have. Who could think that he matters in the grand scheme of things? Why don't we focus on Me, and forget this peon?
                                                      Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Isn't it the second trip around the block for this one?  What are you trying to say?
Dear Mr. Somsel;

The more pertinent  question is : What are You trying to say? A Logos employee (Jonathan) has twice asked the forum at large to return this thread to it's original topic. One might assume that your need to be in the spotlight has caused your open defiance to his appeal, even after others have acquiesced. Obviously, the inflammatory post has been recycled. It is ironic that You are the one doing the recycling. Possibly it is time to heed your own advice? 

George Somsel:
You have a right to your opinion, but you need to keep it more to yourself.
Please note that No One supports your twisted views. The only endorsement you could possibly claim is that some kindhearted posters have granted you the Right to be Wrong.

Kilroy Was Here.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 1:30 AM

Kilroy:

George Somsel:
Silent Sam:
George Somsel:
                                                      Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Dear Mr. Somsel;

The more pertinent  question is : What are You trying to say? A Logos employee (Jonathan) has twice asked the forum at large to return this thread to it's original topic. One might assume that your need to be in the spotlight has caused your open defiance to his appeal, even after others have acquiesced. Obviously, the inflammatory post has been recycled. It is ironic that You are the one doing the recycling. Possibly it is time to heed your own advice? 

George Somsel:
You have a right to your opinion, but you need to keep it more to yourself.
Please note that No One supports your twisted views. The only endorsement you could possibly claim is that some kindhearted posters have granted you the Right to be Wrong.

"Kilroy", please note that the inflamatory poste that Sam cites is NOT something that I wrote (Go to the post itself and note the post count).  Secondly, you're wrong when you say that "NO ONE supports" my views.  Perhaps no one supports the post Sam quoted, but that was not mine.  You may now apologise.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 67
Kilroy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 2:09 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
How very sad that you feel this way. I am most impressed with Pujols and his witness
Paul Oertly:
Many have pointed out how abrasive and obnoxious your remarks are.
Jack Caviness:
I disagree with George
alabama24:
One difference between your experience and the one you described from the book is that Albert knows the players he is talking to.
Robert Pavich:
this man witnessed to people for 20 years in this same place...coming up to people in a bold witness that has been described like I did above...and God used him to save thousands....
Kevin A. Purcell:

George Somsel:
Grabbing someone by the collar, shaking him and asking "Are you saved, brother" is not the most effective method of furthering the gospel.  We don't need hit-and-run evangelism. 

Is this a straw man or have you literally experienced this? And has anyone ever seen Albert Pujols do this?

Randall Cue:

Calling Albert's method of evangelism "hit and run" is very funny considering the baseball imagery. It is also very inaccurate. Albert is doing what we all should do. He is witnessing to the people in his work place when the opportunity is presented. These are not people "off the street corner." These are Albert's professional colleagues. We should take Albert's example to heart.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Michael Childs:

George, 

I must say you come across unusually immature in these comments for one who is usually so wise.  Yours is a most unfair caricature of Pujols' evangelism, and a most unchristian attitude.

Kilroy Was Here.

Posts 10746
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 3:08 AM

Kilroy:
Jack Caviness:
I disagree with George

I said I disagree with George, but I do not disagree with his right to express his opinion, nor do I find him to be excessively abrasive. In fact, there is merit to his view that long-term relationships are more effective in evangelism than quick comments. I just do not rule out the value of the latter method.

Posts 67
Kilroy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 3:16 AM

Jack Caviness:
nor do I find him to be excessively abrasive.
Gotta give it to ya , Jack. You tried. You couldn't deny that he is abrasive ... Just not "excessively" abrasive. That's what friends are for.Big Smile And thanks for expanding on what you originally said. Now it's a definite maybe. Big Smile

Fortunately, Some are brave enough to tell the whole truth.

Michael Childs:

George, 

I must say you come across unusually immature in these comments for one who is usually so wise.  Yours is a most unfair caricature of Pujols' evangelism, and a most unchristian attitude.

Kilroy Was Here.

Posts 593
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 6:22 AM

Kilroy:

Kevin A. Purcell:
How very sad that you feel this way. I am most impressed with Pujols and his witness
Paul Oertly:
Many have pointed out how abrasive and obnoxious your remarks are.
Jack Caviness:
I disagree with George
alabama24:
One difference between your experience and the one you described from the book is that Albert knows the players he is talking to.
Robert Pavich:
this man witnessed to people for 20 years in this same place...coming up to people in a bold witness that has been described like I did above...and God used him to save thousands....
Kevin A. Purcell:

George Somsel:
Grabbing someone by the collar, shaking him and asking "Are you saved, brother" is not the most effective method of furthering the gospel.  We don't need hit-and-run evangelism. 

Is this a straw man or have you literally experienced this? And has anyone ever seen Albert Pujols do this?

Randall Cue:

Calling Albert's method of evangelism "hit and run" is very funny considering the baseball imagery. It is also very inaccurate. Albert is doing what we all should do. He is witnessing to the people in his work place when the opportunity is presented. These are not people "off the street corner." These are Albert's professional colleagues. We should take Albert's example to heart.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Michael Childs:

George, 

I disagreed with what George said about Albert Pujols. This is long ago ceased to be about that. George has my unconditional support in his concern about his identity being hijacked on this form. If someone disagrees with what another has said they should say so openly. What some unknown did to George was cowardly. I have written to George and expressed my support to him. No one should be subjected to what George was.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 9:42 AM

Kilroy:

Jack Caviness:
nor do I find him to be excessively abrasive.
Gotta give it to ya , Jack. You tried. You couldn't deny that he is abrasive ... Just not "excessively" abrasive. That's what friends are for.Big Smile And thanks for expanding on what you originally said. Now it's a definite maybe. Big Smile

Fortunately, Some are brave enough to tell the whole truth.

Michael Childs:

George, 

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Page 3 of 6 (113 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS