Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Paul Boutan | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:53 PM

I'm a little confused how to successfully set up a "donation request" signal.  First of all I'm using Lion on Mac (if that makes any difference).

under the "Add Signal" tab, I select "donation request" after which I get simple field to fill out.  I've  assigned it a name Like "Mobile Giving" entered the email that my paypal account is assigned to, selected US Dollar.  

When we go on the "air" people are able to receive this mobile giving request under the presentations selection in logos.  However, when they select it, they are not able to make any donations.  Instead they receive the following error message from PayPal:

Return to Merchant

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

Now I am assuming that I am the one who is doing something wrong, but hopefully you can help.  

Let me add that the paypal account that we are using is a "Personal" paypal account not a business or merchant account.  We do have it set up to receive payments into our bank account.

Do I have to have a "Business/Merchant" PayPal account in order to send out a donation request via Proclaim? Do I have to enter something other than my email, in the field asking for the email that's connected to my PayPal account (i.e. should I be entering something like paypal/myemailaddress@fillintheblank.com)? Is there an "idiots" guide on how to set up a donation request that my congregation can easily use?

Posts 2
StewartWhite | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 3:02 PM

I ran into the same error and then figured out that it was because I hadn't entered an amount into the suggested donation box. The only downside to this, at least since the last time I tested it, is that it doesn't appear that a person can change their giving amount from anything other than the suggested amount. It would probably be a lot better if a person could pick the amount after they decided to give. 

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:27 PM

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

Obviously we'll need to test this feature a bit more in-depth with different scenarios. We'll be drilling into this feature.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 1
Brian Tilford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:51 AM

Hi, have you all figured out a way that people can access the paypal site via the mobile apps with proclaim and choose the donation amount they prefer to give? We prefer to allow the community to tithe this way, if they prefer not to cut a check or other means of tithing. Any help would be highly appreciated!! 

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2013 2:08 PM

Brian Tilford:

Hi, have you all figured out a way that people can access the paypal site via the mobile apps with proclaim and choose the donation amount they prefer to give? We prefer to allow the community to tithe this way, if they prefer not to cut a check or other means of tithing. Any help would be highly appreciated!! 

Yes, it's very simple. Members of the congregation receiving signals on their mobile device will be presented with the donation request. They can then click on it and be taken to a Paypal page where they can sign in and make a payment directly.

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 2
Leah Martens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:50 AM

But the way the software is now, doesn't that require them to donate the pre-chosen amount "Suggested donation" rather than an amount of their choosing?

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 12:49 PM

Leah Martens:

But the way the software is now, doesn't that require them to donate the pre-chosen amount "Suggested donation" rather than an amount of their choosing?

My understanding is that the default is the suggested donation, but the user can input a different amount if they so choose.

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 2
Leah Martens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 5:54 PM

When I tested it today, it worked like people reported above.  If there was no "suggested amount", then the feature generated an error.  If there was a "suggested amount" the screen that popped up allowed a user to fill in their payment information, but not to select the amount; it was pre-selected to be the "suggested amount".  It did not appear to be changeable.  Was I doing something wrong?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS