New Interpreter's Bible (12 Vols.) - Pre-Publication Examples

Page 4 of 14 (272 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 271 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 7:17 PM

Good news is Accordance is working to bring NIB to market so even if Logos does't get it under contract hope is not lost for getting it into a a top notch Bible program.

-Dan 

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 8:30 PM

Still no movement on this in a while ... too bad because it's a really great resource.  All we need is a few more signups.  I'd almost be willing to pay double to get this produced!

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:05 PM

Rev Chris:
I'd almost be willing to pay double to get this produced!

I'm willing to accept a donation of the price of the set so that I can have it.  That would make it double the price for you.  Big Smile  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:18 PM

Yes, I am eagerly awaiting this one too.

It looks so close. Is there anything (reasonable) we can do to help get it into production?

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2012 3:47 AM

Sogol:

It looks so close. Is there anything (reasonable) we can do to help get it into production?

Wait for another year or so.  IMHO, everyone who is going to purchase the set has already signed up for it.  Therefore, we have to wait for more new users who know how great this set is.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2012 6:22 AM

I don't know that anyone has posted the link to this resource on this thread for awhile, if ever; so here it is in case anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.logos.com/product/8803/new-interpreters-bible

It is getting pretty close!

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2012 11:43 AM

https://www.evernote.com/pub/danielwilliamfrancis/nibsamples

Gives you a full set of examples…. many of the ones which were on this link are there and some others.

-Dan

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:51 AM

tom collinge:

Sogol:

Wait for another year or so.  IMHO, everyone who is going to purchase the set has already signed up for it.  Therefore, we have to wait for more new users who know how great this set is.

You are probably right but if Logos looked at from another angel they might find that getting this into their format brings more people to Logos, They have to make their own decisions but I am sure they would find may additional orders once it was available. I came across several people not willing to preorder it but saying they will likely buy it when it comes out. Logos stands to lose out if it comes to other platforms before it comes out on Logos. I for one will be happy to have it in either OliveTree or Accordance. The bulk of my Library is in Logos so here it would be good but the other two platforms are very well done so would be happy with it. And while accordance would not draw tons of purchasers away since it is Macintosh/iOS only, OliveTree works on Mac/windows/iOS/Android.

-Dan

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:23 PM

I've been told by some pretty accomplished Bible scholars that they start with New Interpreters (Dictionary and Bible) when beginning research on a topic or passage.

Though I fully understand that Logos needs to be financially disciplined about where it invests its limited resources, I hope they recognize the strategic importance New Interpreters has in keeping its platform relevant to many in the academic community.

Thanks.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:42 PM

Dan Francis:
if Logos looked at from another angel they might find that getting this into their format brings more people to Logos
I totally agree.  I just wished the people at Logos would realize this.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:54 PM

Dan Francis:
You are probably right but if Logos looked at from another angel

Which angel is that?  Gabriel, Michael?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 1:43 PM

George Somsel:

Dan Francis:
You are probably right but if Logos looked at from another angel

Which angel is that?  Gabriel, Michael?

Typo of course Geeked ANGLE …however were we blessed with the viewpoint of an Angel we might find human ideas are something worth noting, since it is in peters turn a phrase "good news by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven--things into which angels long to look!" Although i am quite sure often times angels must simply shake their heads. But then all we can do is trust the Holy Spirit to guide us where Christ will lead.

-Dan

Posts 48
John Besse | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 8:32 AM

I am already subscribed to NIB online as a part of a service the publisher offers along with many other references. Got tired of waiting!

John

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:03 AM

John:

I am already subscribed to NIB online as a part of a service the publisher offers along with many other references. Got tired of waiting!

John

While I am sad to hear that but not surprised. I suspect that this will happen more and more. I have stated my intent to pull out if it comes available from someone else. Logos could have made itself the first out and the one most people would have flocked to to get it on their computers/mobile device. I have already come to the conclusion that this resource is not likely to make it into Logos. As I said earlier if it was just accordance they were going to be competing against there would be no issue for Logos, but most all New Interpreter's stuff has been released on OliveTree, the full 12 volume has not been announced but if it ever is likely will be the death nail for Logos' chances of getting it.

-Dan

Posts 175
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:17 AM

Thanks to the persistence of this thread, I am now on board for the NIB set.

I purchased the hardbound copies as they were originally published and have never regretted the expense.

Come quickly, lord Logos!  Smile

Blessings,

Bill

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:31 AM

Bill Coley:

Thanks to the persistence of this thread, I am now on board for the NIB set.

I purchased the hardbound copies as they were originally published and have never regretted the expense.

Come quickly, lord Logos!  Smile

Blessings,

Bill

Thanks Bill!  Hopefully we don't need too many more.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:41 AM

Yes, thanks, Bill!

On my screen, the bar is at 4.8 of 5.5 centimeters (~87%).  :)

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 4:36 PM

Sogol:

Yes, thanks, Bill!

I have known i think 3 others in the past 2 weeks saying they had just ordered it, but haven't noticed any movements at all…. If someone from Logos is out there can you tell us how many more orders are needed. Not that we are able to do too much about it, but it would be nice to know 100 more people need to order it or 15 more… 

-dan

PS: Maybe we need a prayer chain….. "Oh Holy Spirit move the hearts of those who love the study of your Word to  help bring the New Interpreter's Bible to Logos." But in all seriousness, if i could only own one commentary without a doubt it would be NIB, allowed 4 it would be NIB, WBC, DSB, Interpretation, so as you see my other 3 favourites are there, heck I was ecstatic when the OT of the Daily Study Bible appeared on my iPad a couple weeks ago. NIB will come in good time to one program or another.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 6:45 PM

Dan Francis:

Sogol:

Yes, thanks, Bill!

I have known i think 3 others in the past 2 weeks saying they had just ordered it, but haven't noticed any movements at all…. If someone from Logos is out there can you tell us how many more orders are needed. Not that we are able to do too much about it, but it would be nice to know 100 more people need to order it or 15 more… 

-dan

PS: Maybe we need a prayer chain….. "Oh Holy Spirit move the hearts of those who love the study of your Word to  help bring the New Interpreter's Bible to Logos." But in all seriousness, if i could only own one commentary without a doubt it would be NIB, allowed 4 it would be NIB, WBC, DSB, Interpretation, so as you see my other 3 favourites are there, heck I was ecstatic when the OT of the Daily Study Bible appeared on my iPad a couple weeks ago. NIB will come in good time to one program or another.

Agreed - that makes at least 4 people that have signed up, with no movement on the bar.  It's almost as if Logos doesn't want it to go to live status!

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2012 6:58 PM

Does anyone know if the bar updates real-time?

Page 4 of 14 (272 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS