SR-6 (4.0.3.2984) Release Notes

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4359
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:20 PM

Service Release 6 (SR-6, v4.0.3.2984) was released this evening.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed bug preventing IE proxy credentials from being used when signing in
  • Fixed crash caused by creating a shortcut to a locked panel
  • Fixed OutOfMemoryException when indexing user-created documents
  • Fixed downloading loop related to hidden resources
  • Fixed crash caused by Speech Synthesizer when opening resource panels
  • Fixed bug that could overwrite Logos 4 resources with LBXLLS copies
  • Fixed crash entering lemma:h in Greek Morph Search
  • Fixed bug causing table of contents to jump around
  • Fixed hanging indents in resource display
  • Fixed size of popups in resources when Program Scaling is set
  • Fixed sync problem with Guide Templates
  • Fixed bug preventing "update resources" from finding some resource updates; "update resources" now takes a very long time to run. (Note: you must be signed in and working online to check for resource updates)

New Features:

• "update now" and "update resources" show a "Checking for updates..." indicator in the upper-right of the main window

Known Bugs:

• Closing the Sign In screen (e.g., by clicking the X in the upper right) crashes the application.

For SR-5 release notes, see: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/3921.aspx

Posts 1972
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:24 PM

Bradley Grainger:

• "update now" and "update resources" show a "Checking for updates..." indicator in the upper-right of the main window

That is excellent. Thanks guys.

Posts 1972
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:26 PM

Bradley Grainger:
Fixed bug preventing "update resources" from finding some resource updates; "update resources" now takes a very long time to run

I just tried this. Probably shouldn't, but "Oh well."

The "Checking for updates" message lasted about 1 second in the upper right corner. It simply flashed before my eyes

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:35 PM

Seems like SR6 DID fix my problem.... Much love to yall in L4 CS/Tech Yes

Posts 7274
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:46 PM

Bradley Grainger:
"update now" and "update resources" show a "Checking for updates..." indicator in the upper-right of the main window
Thank you thank you thank you!

Posts 4359
LogosEmployee

Damian McGrath:

Bradley Grainger:
Fixed bug preventing "update resources" from finding some resource updates; "update resources" now takes a very long time to run

The "Checking for updates" message lasted about 1 second in the upper right corner. It simply flashed before my eyes

You're working offline, eh? You must be signed in for the server to report the resources unlocked to your account. I'll update the release notes.

Posts 1972
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:06 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Damian McGrath:

Bradley Grainger:

You're working offline, eh? You must be signed in for the server to report the resources unlocked to your account. I'll update the release notes.

How many times has that caught me out Embarrassed

Yet, Update Now works with internet set to off.....

Posts 715
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:09 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Damian McGrath:

Bradley Grainger:

I probably shouldn't have either. I did Update Now - checking for updates message for a second or two. I did Update Resources - 3 minutes and now I'm downloading 294 MB, and then indexing. Woo Hoo. This feels like normal!!

Chris

Posts 1972
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:17 PM

Chris Elford:
now I'm downloading 294 MB, and then indexing. Woo Hoo. This feels like normal!!

How we have fallen.....

Posts 715
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:19 PM

Damian McGrath:

Chris Elford:
now I'm downloading 294 MB, and then indexing. Woo Hoo. This feels like normal!!

How we have fallen.....

My name is Chris and I'm a betaholic.

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:35 PM

You posted this at 9:20 EST and as of 10:34 EST it still has not downloaded for me so I did a manual. The best way to do this is type Update Now in the command box and then Update Resources.

Just in case anyone else is in the same boat.

And BTW my Title bar is still all black instead of the nice transparent blue it should be in Win7 64 Bit. Top one is Logos4 maximized and the second is Firefox maximized. Doesn't happen when not fully maximized and only happens on my one machine. Running the latest video driver for my Geforce 8500 vid card.

Posts 7274
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:36 PM

Chris Elford:
My name is Chris and I'm a betaholic.

Hi Chris.

It's ok, you're among friends here.

Posts 1188
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:37 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Service Release 6 (SR-6, v4.0.3.2984) was released this evening.

• Fixed bug preventing IE proxy credentials from being used when signing in

Thanks Bradley (and the others on your team.) This first issue was affecting me also.

Can't imagine how crazy it must be in there since v.4 was releases: prioritizing feedback, responding to issues, finding and fixing bugs, testing, releasing updates, and trying to stay human. Yes

Posts 3776
Forum MVP
-1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:38 PM

Thomas Black:

Hi Chris.

It's ok, you're among friends here.

Yes. We'll help each other quit. So long as we meet every day here on these forums I'm sure we can find a way to break free from posting.

Posts 715
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:43 PM

Chris Elford:

I probably shouldn't have either. I did Update Now - checking for updates message for a second or two. I did Update Resources - 3 minutes and now I'm downloading 294 MB, and then indexing. Woo Hoo. This feels like normal!!

Chris

Wow!

294 MB, four new resources (The BIble and Its Story vols. 6, 7, & 9 and The Bible Hand-Book: For Sunday-Schools and Bible-Readers) and one update (Lexham Greek Syntax Database) - AND it took 6 seconds to index!!! Supplemental, but really fast!

Chris

Posts 715
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:45 PM

Chris Elford:

Wow!

294 MB, four new resources (The BIble and Its Story vols. 6, 7, & 9 and The Bible Hand-Book: For Sunday-Schools and Bible-Readers) and one update (Lexham Greek Syntax Database) - AND it took 6 seconds to index!!! Supplemental, but really fast!

Chris

Now that fed the addiction!!

Bring it on!!!

Thanks Logos. That's an amazing performance boost.

Chris

Posts 1972
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:48 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
You posted this at 9:20 EST and as of 10:34 EST it still has not downloaded for me so I did a manual by running this: http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Kevin,

did you type "Update Now" into the command bar?

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:50 PM

No I forgot about Update Now. I am now doing Update Resources and on one machine it is downloading and the other it seems like it's frozen.  I will wait till the desktop finishes and maybe the laptop will give it a go.

Posts 1972
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:52 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

No I forgot about Update Now. I am now doing Update Resources and on one machine it is downloading and the other it seems like it's frozen.  I will wait till the desktop finishes and maybe the laptop will give it a go.

Maybe you could edit your other post.

The practice, if you are not patient enough to wait for the daily update check (as none of us have been) is to type "Update Now" into the command bar. There is no need to redownload the installer.

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:57 PM

Done

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS